News: Bradley Manning, Rhode Island, Adam Lambert, Lovelace

RoadGay marriage: what's next for Utah?

RoadCalifornia legislature passes trans bathroom rights bill: "California lawmakers approved a bill Wednesday that would require public K-12 schools to let transgender students choose which restrooms they use and which school teams they join based on their gender identity instead of their chromosomes."

PromRoadSenior gay couples get a prom night in Los Angeles.

RoadAlec Baldwin done with Twitter, maybe acting.

RoadProsecution rests in Bradley Manning trial: "The defense could begin its case as early as next Monday, when the trial will resume. Manning's defense said at the opening of the trial that he was a young and naive, but a good-intentioned soldier whose struggle to fit in as a gay man in the military made him feel he 'needed to do something to make a difference in this world.'"

RoadMatt Bomer and Mark Ruffalo on the set of The Normal Heart.

RoadRihanna on her relationship with Cristiano Ronaldo: “I have a lot of gay friends and support sexual diversity.”

RoadCher on being Cher: "She admitted that she doesn’t get as many calls as she used to. And that she thought the reason may have something to do with her famously wrinkle-free visage. She recalled reading an article a few years ago in which the reporter said that the star looked neither young nor old, just Cher. Which of course makes it hard for Cher to become a character other than Cher."

RoadIan Somerhalder puts on a gun show.

HudsonRoadCatholic high school president resigns after coming out as gay: "I love the Totino-Grace community, however I need to be truthful about my life," said Hudson in a statement. "I am in a committed same-sex relationship, and I felt the best course of action was to inform the school. I value my time at Totino-Grace as one of the most enriching experiences of my career."

RoadWaPo-ABC News poll shows support for SCOTUS marriage rulings: "The poll found that 56 percent approve of the ruling 'providing legally married same-sex couples with the same federal benefits given to other married couples,' while 41 percent disapprove."

RoadRhode Island Senate Dems formally segregate gay and straight marriages: “It’s really an insult and disrespectful, what happened today in the Senate with the marriage bills,” Ferri said. “There’s solemnization-of-marriage bills that they held for 30 days or more and for whatever reason – we don’t know – but when they came out today and voted on them, they actually segregated the same-sex marriage bills and the non-same-sex marriage bills.”

RoadIndigenous gays celebrate traditions in Mexico.

StuRoadStu for Silverton: New musical about Silverton, Oregon transgender mayor Stu Rasmussen.

RoadOfficials: TWA Flight 800 not brought down by missile.

RoadAdam Lambert speaks out as part of the AT&T Live Proud campaign, honoring the Trevor Project for its efforts in crisis intervention and suicide prevention services for LGBTQ youth.

RoadVOA: U.S. immigration barrier removed for married gay couples.

RoadVIDEO: The first trailer for Lovelace.

RoadCBS releases statement on Big Brother racism and homophobia, won't air it on broadcast TV: “Big Brother is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 — and seeing every moment of their lives.  At times, the Houseguests reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. We certainly find the statements made by several of the Houseguests on the live Internet feed to be offensive.  Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a Houseguest appearing on Big Brother, either on any live feed from the House or during the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program.”

Comments

1. LOL

"Rihanna on her relationship with Cristiano Ronaldo: “I have a lot of gay friends and support sexual diversity.”

the whole "he is european excuse could only last so long"

too bad he has no chin

Posted by: Moz's | Jul 5, 2013 4:35:48 PM

2. Thanks for that awesome pic of the tranny mayor. Now when I am fapping and I want to slow things down, I'll just look at that pic.

Posted by: Marc | Jul 5, 2013 4:59:16 PM

3. Marc, you're a transphobic idiot.

Posted by: redball | Jul 5, 2013 5:16:20 PM

4. You're a real piece of work, Marc.

Posted by: MateoM | Jul 5, 2013 5:19:04 PM

5. SO nice!!! Such interesing story!

Posted by: http://wedoessays.com/ | Jul 5, 2013 5:24:03 PM

6. Big Brother needs to show the contestants homophobia. Disappointed that a contestant used the F-word to describe the gay guy.

Posted by: Robbie Horn | Jul 5, 2013 5:43:35 PM

7. Darn, I was hoping "Lovelace" would be about Ada, the Countess of Lovelace. She is often considered the world's first computer programmer.
    (Does that make me a true geek?)

Posted by: NoCaDrummer | Jul 5, 2013 5:52:17 PM

8. Glad to see the Rhode Island marriage segregation highlighted.
    If you want to know the one person that kept marriage equality from coming to RI for so long,it wasn't the former homophobic governor or NOM,it was Teresa Paiva Weed and this final act is last spew of venom towards a community she can't stand.

Posted by: Kevin | Jul 5, 2013 5:59:01 PM

9. Well, at least the Big Brother Mean Girls have been fired from their day jobs. CBS viewers will probably have to wonder why for a while, but at least employers have been following the news.

Posted by: Jerry | Jul 5, 2013 6:08:18 PM

10. @NoCaDrummer: Yes, it does. But true geeks are sexy as hell. And, thanks for the reminder WHO really got this whole thing going.....

RE: Ronaldo... straight....Rhianna got her wires crossed...again.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jul 5, 2013 11:59:54 PM

11. lol I seriously love Rihanna

Posted by: JMC | Jul 6, 2013 5:14:20 AM

12. Not that anyone should get their hopes up, but a Ronaldo of the sports world would be a huge game changer for athletics and equality. The implications of that are too big to even wrap your head around. That would move equality in sports a decade forward almost overnight.

Posted by: Michaelandfred | Jul 6, 2013 9:11:11 AM

13. Hmmm...6'-1", 186lbs. Me and Cristiano Ronalalo are the same height, and close to the same weight, he's just 10 pounds heavier than me. He doesn't do anything for me, not my type. I wonder how many STDs this guy has gotten?

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 6, 2013 9:45:33 AM

14. Re: gay senior prom
    Just about the sweetest thing ever!

Re: Rihanna's comment about Ronaldo
    LOL

Re: Bomer and Ruffalo
    Am I the only one who would eagerly pay for a sex tape of those two?

Posted by: sparks | Jul 6, 2013 5:43:30 PM

15. No, Miss Rihanna DID NOT go there, lmao.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jul 6, 2013 7:35:57 PM

16. The article about the "Senior" prom is great. An amazing document of how far we've come and that these pioneers were here to see it and benefit.

Re: Rihanna and Cristiano Ronaldo. If he *isn't* gay he should be named King Of Metrosexuals, because he'll do until a "real" gay person comes along.

Posted by: Caliban | Jul 7, 2013 9:13:34 AM

17. I never like comments but your post enforce me a lot. Your post was really very attractive that's why my heart ask me to do comments & i do so. essaymarket.co.uk Fantastc work you have done & you should carry on.

Posted by: Miller | Oct 31, 2013 2:14:01 PM