Adam Lambert | Avicii | Music | Music Video | News | Nile Rodgers

Adam Lambert, Nile Rodgers, and Avicii Debut New Music: VIDEO

Lambert

The legendary producer and musician Nile Rodgers hosted a benefit Dance Party in Riverhead, Long Island on behalf of AFTEE on August 19th, 2013.

Lambert and Rodgers performed a cover of David Bowie's "Let's Dance", and a song they collaborated on called "Shady" as well as a new collaboration with Avicii called "Lay Me Down".

Said Rodgers of the "Shady" collaboration:

"[People] say, 'Yo, you want to play on my record?' and I say, 'Send me the sh*t, let me see if I like it,'" Rodgers said. "I didn’t even know who Adam Lambert was, really. I don’t watch American Idol. The guy who contacted me on Twitter to do the Adam Lambert record was a guy called Sam Sparro, who did a record called Black and Gold which I thought was the sh*t."

The Avicii collaboration is set to be released on Avicii's forthcoming album #TRUE on September 17.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

"Shady":

"Lay Me Down" with Avicii:

Comments

1. Let the countdown commence for all of Lambert's bored, middle aged hausefrau sparkle cow demographic to deluge Towleroad with their deranged lust. 10...9...8...7...

Posted by: rocker rocker | Aug 20, 2013 12:27:49 PM

2. I think Adam is fabulous and I don't fit the offensive, sexist & ignorant description of that demographic that you attributed to Mr. Lambert. Life must be hard for you to be so miserable.

Posted by: Larry | Aug 20, 2013 12:49:34 PM

3. I love Adam and Nile Rodgers is legendary!!!

Posted by: THurts | Aug 20, 2013 1:12:41 PM

4. WOW! Rocker Rocker, does that name reference a rocking chair? You certainly seem out of touch.

I love Adam. Best thing to happen to male rock in a long time.

Posted by: Bobby | Aug 20, 2013 1:42:24 PM

5. I haven't been the hugest Adam fan but this collaboration was perfection. It had a Sylvester vibe to it, with Niles bass riff and Adams soulful vocals... Avicii really managed to make it all work

Posted by: RONTEX | Aug 20, 2013 2:36:16 PM

6. He's looking good. I like that he's toned down the makeup and outfits to show his natural hotness a little more. Plus facial hair is nice.

Posted by: brandon h | Aug 20, 2013 2:46:30 PM

7. That was a great piece of music! And Adam, looked like a sex machine in my view. His performance really makes me feel he just might make it really big.

Posted by: John Simpson | Aug 20, 2013 2:48:00 PM

8. Mr Lambert looks HOT

Posted by: jarago | Aug 20, 2013 5:37:44 PM

9. The misogyny and ageism of Rocker Rocker is embarrassing and
    not representative of the gay men I know.

I think it is great that Nile Rodgers has become a mentor for Adam.
    Adam has an exceptional talent that needs to be seen and heard.

Who else but Adam can fuse rock with dance music? Certainly no one
    I can think of.

AND Adam is pure sex in those copper leather jeans!

Posted by: heathcliff | Aug 21, 2013 1:07:17 AM

10. Here is a photo of the "private Adam" at the birthday party of a friend in Hollywood on Friday.

Adam is a gorgeous man. I just don't understand why some gay men
    bully him as much as the homophobic straight guys do.

Posted by: heathcliff | Aug 21, 2013 1:15:37 AM

11. http://ronyspb.com/8-16-13/images/page100.html

Posted by: heathcliff | Aug 21, 2013 1:16:34 AM

12. Sam Sparro YES
    Adam Lambert NO

Posted by: don't a tell la | Aug 21, 2013 2:07:29 AM

13. Heathcliff: simple, Jealously.

Posted by: Jason | Aug 21, 2013 9:22:05 AM