Comments

1. Mike Ryan says

The bear(s) is looking for food because the citizenry of Colorado has encroached upon their feeding grounds pushing them out of their homes and into the parking lots of fast food restaurants and eateries.

Rather then kill the bear, which is the next step in the ‘we can’t have this” thinking of the authorities, why not bundle up all of your leftovers, setup of a picnic table at the edge of the woods, and pile it on there for them to gather and eat? You owe that much to these wild creatures.

2. JMC says

Mike Ryan – they won’t kill this bear if it keeps coming back to this dumpster. They’ll sedate, capture and relocate her. Also, your suggestion is insanely terrible and would cause incredible harm to bears and other wildlife in the area lol

3. BC says

@Mike Ryan

Every human that lives in a developed area has encroached upon the ‘feeding grounds’ of animals. There is a very good chance that you live in an area that used to be home to bears.

I’m not saying this because I am happy about it; I would just like to point out the hypocrisy in your statement. The development of our civilization has done massive damage to the environment of our country, within and without Colorado.

4. Jim in Colo Spgs says

Just a few blocks from my house and can TOTALLY believe it.

As an aside, Edelweiss is “THE” go to place in Springs for those who enjoy well made German food.

Oh, and the video puts to rest the local myth that spraying your trash can with bleach (mild sodium hypochlorite solution) is a good deterrent to the constant bear problem. NOT. Hard to believe spraying ANYTHING would have kept that bear from going for some tasty Spätzle or Schnitzel.

😉

5. jamal49 says

I mean, late-nite munchies are late-nite munchies, ya know? I can see this bear walking into the cave: “Honey-bear? I’m home! I picked up some take-out ’cause I know how unbearable you get sometimes about always havin’ to cook and all.”

6. VO505 says

humans are forcing themselves on THEIR land with all our UGLY ASS buildings we demand on constructing in every empty piece of land we can find. I’m surprised bears don’t just start attacking random humans (and they don’t). We kill innocent animals for amusement and call it a un day out. They meanwhile are just trying to feed themselves and their hungry offspring.

7. emjayay says

The restaurant is only now thinking about chaining it down and putting a bearproof lock on it? Germans everywhere are hanging their heads in shame over this inexcusable lack of proper planning and employment of appropriate technology.