Gay Slurs | Isaiah Washington | News

BigGayDeal.com

Isaiah Washington Says His Life Was Destroyed by 'an Agenda' After His 2007 Anti-Gay Remarks: VIDEO

Washington

Former Grey's Anatomy actor Isaiah Washington sat down with HuffPost Live late last week to talk about coming back to acting, and claimed that "an agenda" ruined his career following anti-gay remarks he made in early 2007.

"I didn't have a choice. After the incident at the Golden Globes everything just fell apart. It literally stopped. Whatever the agenda, whatever the plan was it worked. I lost everything. I couldn't afford to have an agent. I couldn't afford to have a publicist for the crisis management to continue. I couldn't afford to continue. I went from 2 million dollars a year to residual checks. Zero. I couldn't get another apartment after I turned in my lease for my $3 million home. I had to put it in my wife's name. No one wanted to touch the name of Isaiah Washington for three years."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. So, I see he still hasn't taken responsibility for anything yet.

Posted by: yuninv | Sep 16, 2013 8:51:01 AM

2. And his lack of remorse proves he deserved it.

Posted by: Mellotron | Sep 16, 2013 8:51:05 AM

3. And woudl Mr. Washington be as outraged at teh suffering if someone elsae had used negative racial remarks? Good for the goose, good for the gander. To my thinking this is as it should be.

Posted by: rjinva | Sep 16, 2013 8:58:37 AM

4. leave him alone

Posted by: gay | Sep 16, 2013 8:58:51 AM

5. Sounds like he needed a financial adviser more than a publicist.

Posted by: crispy | Sep 16, 2013 8:59:53 AM

6. he obviously learned nothing from the experience, and the end result is his own fault for not recognizing and admitting his mistake.

his agenda was his downfall, not anyone else's.

Posted by: northalabama | Sep 16, 2013 9:02:17 AM

7. Earth to Mr. Washington: some actions have consequences. Grow up, admit your error, apologize and move on...

Posted by: talibaptist | Sep 16, 2013 9:05:48 AM

8. An extremely rare situation in which some justice via publicity seems to have been served onto an anti-gay person like Isahiah Thomas.

Tragically many times more common is a "f***** " literally bashed to death in the street, and the homophobe gets off as an effective champion among the likes of Isaiah Washingtons of the world.

Posted by: Just_a_guy | Sep 16, 2013 9:11:22 AM

9. You step in front of a train. Guess what happens? You get hit by a train.

Posted by: aleugene | Sep 16, 2013 9:12:00 AM

10. "I said something really stupid, but it's not my fault."

Posted by: Ted | Sep 16, 2013 9:14:25 AM

11. Anyone earning $2 million a year should save some of it for a rainy day of any kind.

Posted by: Valentin | Sep 16, 2013 9:16:18 AM

12. I remember that his costar Katherine Heigl was one of the most vocal to get him kicked off of Grey's. I wonder what he thinks now about multiple blogs claiming that Katherine is "difficult" and studios won't hire her for movies because she's "not worth it", not to mention her movie bombs.

Posted by: Hmmm. | Sep 16, 2013 9:16:30 AM

13. Babs Walters gave this tool a complete pass when he appeared on The View last week. She grovelled and apologized for all the hardships he's been through without once mentioning the specifics of exactly why he lost his job.

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Sep 16, 2013 9:17:14 AM

14. Cry me a river.

Posted by: MBT | Sep 16, 2013 9:19:30 AM

15. He couldn't earn 2 million a year and had to live off thousands of dollars of residuals ? How terrible for him. What about the young black gay man shot in the head in the West Village by Homophobes?What about the countless numbers of people who are harassed, spat at, beaten in the streets, fired from their jobs and generally treated like trash by homophobes daily all across the country and the world. ? Get out of your stupid LA bubble for just one second and look at the bigger picture. What a selfish little cretin.

Posted by: mike | Sep 16, 2013 9:21:05 AM

16. Apparently after her experiences dating Roy Cohn, Barbara will no longer even give the gay community "lip" service.

Posted by: Vint | Sep 16, 2013 9:22:30 AM

17. Actions have consequences. Gee, imagine that. His refusal to take responsibility for his actions will have their own consequences, too.

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Sep 16, 2013 9:24:17 AM

18. There are no free passes for unrepentant homophobes. Live with it.

Posted by: Bud_Clark | Sep 16, 2013 9:25:01 AM

19. Good lord, this website has some of the nastiest, most vindictive posters on the internet (rivalling the anti-gay social con sites). How much time has to pass before the guy is forgiven?

Posted by: will | Sep 16, 2013 9:28:13 AM

20. He torpedoed his own brand and he's still complaining? He should go hang out with Mel Gibson.

Posted by: Chaz | Sep 16, 2013 9:32:53 AM

21. when did he become the victim?

Posted by: mike/ | Sep 16, 2013 9:34:58 AM

22. I second what @MIKE/ just said. I have zero pity for this jerk. And to turn around and act like a victim now, puh-LEEEEAZE!!

Posted by: Lucas H | Sep 16, 2013 9:37:20 AM

23. I think he would have been forgiven if he showed any remorse or reached out to the gay community. Now he claims there was an "agenda" behind his firing. Seems like another way to avoid taking responsibility for hate speech.

Posted by: Isaac | Sep 16, 2013 9:39:17 AM

24. lets ask him how Micheal Richards career has been since he went on a racist rant...?

Posted by: disgusted american | Sep 16, 2013 9:39:38 AM

25. Quel Jerk. His "life" was ruined by his own, bigoted mouth...

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Sep 16, 2013 9:40:35 AM