Guns | News | Starbucks

BigGayDeal.com

NRA Commentator Compares Starbucks Policy Against Guns to Anti-Gay Discrimination: VIDEO

Noir

Gun enthusiast and NRA News commentator Colion Noir is not happy about Starbucks new policy asking customers to leave their guns at home.

Says Noir:

"In the wake of Starbucks coming out of the proverbial anti-gun closet - yes, I said anti-gun - because when you request that I don't bring my gun with me into your store, that's an anti-gun stance. Think about it. When you say 'We're not pro- or anti-gay but please all gay people - we respectfully ask that you not bring your gayness into the store. I mean, we'll still serve you, but if you can leave the gayness at the door, we would much appreciate it.' Now if that's what they said I highly doubt Tom Ford would go start designing a black Tuscan coffee signature cologne in support of this stance."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That is a red-herring; an argument for the illogical. Blackness Gayness are immutable characteristics. Carrying a gun is not. It is a non-argument. FAIL!

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Sep 23, 2013 10:51:40 AM

2. If he is so concerned about being able to bring his loaded gun anywhere he wants, why doesn't he do something about the fact that he is NOT allowed to carry one into a gun show

Posted by: Rick | Sep 23, 2013 10:52:35 AM

3. What a complete fool.
    What you take to the store is a 'Bag-for-life", not a plastic bag.

WTF have guns got to do with a coffee shop ?
    Grow up you little pip-squeek.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 23, 2013 10:55:39 AM

4. Yes, 'cause gayness has been known to pop caps in people....

Why do we even fight the gun-nut lobby? Just let people like this talk more on national TV and it'll be won...

Posted by: Pitt90 | Sep 23, 2013 10:57:42 AM

5. Strange, I didn't know you could just go to any walmart or gun show or internet listing and just buy gay.

Posted by: Fenrox | Sep 23, 2013 11:00:44 AM

6. What a completely idiotic comparison. Someone's "gayness" is not going to harm anyone, but some fool swaggering around with a gun just might.

Posted by: Bryan L | Sep 23, 2013 11:01:15 AM

7. Rick, I'm sure you think that's a clever angle. It isn't. There is a reason for not possessing loaded weapons at gun shows. The venues demand it. There is a reason for carrying a loaded weapon at Starbucks. Criminals don't hang out at gun shows as a rule.

Posted by: Hagatha | Sep 23, 2013 11:03:36 AM

8. This is why they are called "gun nuts"

Posted by: Steve | Sep 23, 2013 11:04:11 AM

9. Um...what?

Posted by: Joe | Sep 23, 2013 11:04:35 AM

10. "Criminals don't hang out at gun shows as a rule." Hahahahahahahaha.

Posted by: Quicksilver | Sep 23, 2013 11:05:37 AM

11. He's a Republican and mentally ill.

Interesting. To see Rick and David Hagatha Herne disagree. Interesting and creepy.

I may not read any more comments on anything today.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 23, 2013 11:11:45 AM

12. I'm not bothered if gay people or straight people or trans people or black people or white people or Christians or pagans or Muslims or gun-carrying police or any other kind of people are in a Starbucks when I enter to buy a coffee. But I sure would be bothered if some ordinary person off the street were to come into the story carrying a loaded gun or rifle. All the other people don't pose a threat by their very existence. But I sure am leery of someone who thinks it is important for them to openly carry a gun into a Starbucks. Why is it so important for them? Are they trying to prove their manhood or toughness? Are they there to rob the place? Are they stable enough to handle a gun if it is loaded? Are they so insecure as a person that they have to carry a weapon (possibly loaded) openly into the store? Unless they are on-duty police, I see them as a potentially unstable risk to life.

Posted by: john patrick | Sep 23, 2013 11:16:29 AM

13. Mr. Noir can't be this stupid. But apparently he is.

I'll explain it to you simply, Mr. Noir, since you seem to only grasp things on a remedial level.

I can't kill you with my gayness. But you can kill me with your gun-ness. (And you stupidity.)

Posted by: Bart | Sep 23, 2013 11:22:00 AM

14. Hmmm... Can't take dogs into Starbucks. Can't take bicycles into Starbucks. Where's his "Starbucks is anti-dog, anti-bicycle" outrage?

It's a matter of health and safety of their customers, and they have every right and responsibility to set their own rules and regulations about what goes on in their stores.

Got a problem with it? Make your own damned coffee at your own damned house.

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Sep 23, 2013 11:26:49 AM

15. I would think both criminals and potential criminals hang out at gun shows. Why? Uh, I guess maybe to buy guns.

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 23, 2013 11:27:45 AM

16. After the two a-holes shot and killed each other in a road rage incident (and they were legally packing) I think Starbucks has every right to determine what they can and can't do inside their business. I'd be much happier knowing some jittery caffeine deprive idiot isn't going to open fire. If you don't like it drink coffee someplace else jerk.

Posted by: david from edmonton | Sep 23, 2013 11:40:25 AM

17. I guess Mr Noir came out of his mother's womb with gun his hand and a holster attached to the umbilical cord... It's a miracle... Praise jebus!

Posted by: Graphicjack | Sep 23, 2013 11:41:52 AM

18. Lol I usually don't pay attention to the signs, im gay and I carry 24/7 no one gets hurt or shot. Just remember don't believe anything the media tells you, It was bought and paid for a long time ago!

Posted by: thegerman | Sep 23, 2013 11:48:23 AM

19. His name is never Colion Noir! Really? That's almost as funny as his Tom Ford joke. Btw, am I the only one who couldn't watch this sing-song rant all the way to the end? I fell asleep at around ...

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Sep 23, 2013 11:54:34 AM

20. One should never expect logic from the NRA or its tools.

Posted by: DavidR | Sep 23, 2013 12:09:48 PM

21. Starbucks has the right to Freedom Of Association. Every American has the right to Freedom of Association on his private property, in his business. If Starbucks wants gun owners to take their business elsewhere, then Dunkin Donuts will make the money.

Posted by: Hagatha | Sep 23, 2013 12:24:30 PM

22. This guy is spot on! And yes, some of us that are gay are also responsible gun owners that see the anti-gun crowd as very similar to the anti-gay crowd.

Posted by: Casey | Sep 23, 2013 12:34:56 PM

23. @Casey -- the minute you find people who like guns being beaten in the street, losing jobs, and having major religions condemn you for CENTURIES, THEN you can feel like you're being persecuted.

For fucksake, grow up!

Posted by: Princely | Sep 23, 2013 12:39:28 PM

24. Stupid arguments don't justify response. I mean seriously, if that's the argument you want to play, I remember my father telling me once upon a time he couldn't take his black self into certain parts of town or businesses.

Your gun is not an gene that makes you a human being. It's an attachment you cling to in order to make yourself appear to be a man.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Sep 23, 2013 12:42:11 PM

25. Here in Wisconsin if you choose to have a anti gun sign on your window of your business you are a hundred percent liable for any incidents that may happen inside of it. So if someone comes in and starts shooting people, the business is held responsible for not allowing gun owners in the door. Just an fyi

Posted by: thegerman | Sep 23, 2013 12:42:11 PM