Boy Scouts | John Stemberger | News | Trail Life

Anti-Gay Alternative to Boy Scouts Launches, with Bush Impersonator and Mike Huckabee: VIDEO

Traillife

More than 1,000 people including Governor Mike Huckabee attended a launch event in Nashville over the weekend for Trail Life USA, the group formed after the Boy Scouts began admitting gay scouts. If you'll remember, the group was founded by anti-gay Scouting activist John Stemberger and Rob Green, a former BSA executive. I posted a clip of them discussing the group back in July.

CNN reports:

J_stembergerThe group, which will officially launch in 2014, says it expects to become a "premier" Christian organization for boys and young men.

At the weekend event, which reporters were not allowed to attend, the group unveiled its name and logo.
The logo includes the words adventure, character and leadership.

"Trail Life USA will be inclusive of boys, regardless of religion, race, national origin or socioeconomic status, and accept boys who are experiencing same-sex attractions or gender confusion," a statement from the group says.

"However, it will not admit youth who are open or avowed about their homosexuality, and it will not admit boys who are not 'biologically male' or boys who wish to dress and act like girls."

Watch their promotional video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Via the group's Twitter are some photos of the event which included, a George W. Bush impersonator:

Bushimpersonator

Huckabee and the Bush impersonator singing a blues duet together:

Huckabee

And photo opportunities with the creepy founder John Stemberger:

Stemberger

Watch their promotional video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Anti-gay activist John Stemberger and other bigots talk about the organization:

Comments

1. It's interesting to see these BSA dropouts form their own bigoted "Christian" alternative to Scouting with its emphasis on homophobic character building and anti-gay leadership. I'm sure the creation of Trail Life USA will make scouting that much more inclusive and safer for all concerned.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Sep 9, 2013 10:48:05 AM

2. No reporters were allowed to attend? Seems highly suspect to me.

Posted by: bollox | Sep 9, 2013 10:50:44 AM

3. TRAIL LIFE USA - "Making sure every Boy Muff dives & puts his penis in a Vagina Since 2013"

Posted by: disgusted american | Sep 9, 2013 10:52:20 AM

4. As long as they don't receive any government funding or tax breaks that I'M paying for, good for them. This will make the Boy Scouts that much safer for ALL types of boys.

Posted by: RONTEX | Sep 9, 2013 11:09:25 AM

5. They want to be the premier Christian youth group AND be inclusive of other religions? Yeah, right!

Trail Life? Well I guess "Hitler Youth" was already taken.....

Posted by: Caliban | Sep 9, 2013 11:17:10 AM

6. Money, money, money. Someone saw a gap in the market & went for it. I love how the emroiderd badge is barely legiblle. That really bodes well ...

Posted by: Lerot Laflamme | Sep 9, 2013 11:20:19 AM

7. I'm sure this organization will do fine. There are a lot of Christians who believe that God is ever-so-pleased if you're as anti-gay as possible. Those are the same ignorant Chick-Fil-A lovin', so-called Christians that follow the vile scumbag, Mike Huckabee. Enjoy your God-sanctioned bigotry, assholes.

Posted by: David in the O.C. | Sep 9, 2013 11:20:39 AM

8. This is a disaster waiting to happen. The founder looks like a closet case and I'm sure pedophilia will be rampid

Posted by: Will | Sep 9, 2013 11:30:24 AM

9. This is a disaster waiting to happen. The founder looks like a closet case and I'm sure pedophilia will be rampid

Posted by: Will | Sep 9, 2013 11:30:24 AM

10. I'll bet their uniforms have brown shirts.

Posted by: jomicur | Sep 9, 2013 11:59:21 AM

11. "trail life usa...providing a safe haven and "religious" experience for closeted gays since 2014!"

they should include a denial badge...

Posted by: northalabama | Sep 9, 2013 12:06:04 PM

12. Appropriate that they had a Bush impersonator...since they are doing nothing but attempting to impersonate the Boy Scouts!

Posted by: Taylor | Sep 9, 2013 12:07:51 PM

13. so you can be gay. you just have to hate being gay.

yay.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Sep 9, 2013 12:11:42 PM

14. I agree with @DAVID IN THE O.C. - as long as my tax dollars don't go anywhere near this organization they are free little campers. They will, of course, never be able to keep gays out of the organization. The idea that all the boys are dedicated heterosexuals is enough to drive those gays who love sucking on straight dicks even more appealing. Growing up in my early to late teens there wasn't a straight guy I was able to get my fingers around. I have several brothers, all older, who brought their buds home for the weekend all the time. Those were some great times... :-)

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Sep 9, 2013 12:25:38 PM

15. "not 'biologically male'" So...in order to be a member you will have to first go through genetic testing????

Posted by: Ted | Sep 9, 2013 12:45:11 PM

16. I especially like that the logo patch for Trail Life features a boy stroking a cock.

Posted by: strepsi | Sep 9, 2013 12:51:59 PM

17. They're going to allow boys who are "experiencing same-sex attraction or gender confusion." Sounds like conversion therapy to me, which is illegal in several states. If they try this in New York or New Jersey, those states should investigate.

Posted by: woody | Sep 9, 2013 1:04:27 PM

18. The new Hitler Youth

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Sep 9, 2013 1:19:11 PM

19. What a shame for Nashville to have it's name emblazoned on that sad patch.

This all looks very slip-shod to me. Like a sad excuse for a "media event" minus the media and event. I'm with the others, be self supporting because your not using my tax dollars to indoctrinate children into your hate.

Oh and - Won't someone think of the children? Yes, the poor children raised in an anti-gay bubble only to discover they have to exist in the real world.

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | Sep 9, 2013 1:57:07 PM

20. As governor, I would think Mike Huckabee would be better educated than to allow himself to be aligned with a fringe group.

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | Sep 9, 2013 2:00:30 PM

21. This organization is going to be a real boon to all the pedophiles, just watch.

This is going to be truly hilarious, and tragic.

I pity the poor kids.

Posted by: LetsTalk | Sep 9, 2013 2:11:53 PM

22. Let the weirdness begin... you KNOW this organization is going to start getting very squirrelly!

Posted by: Dan Cobb | Sep 9, 2013 2:38:10 PM

23. Ach! Die Jugend Corps ist nicht tote.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Sep 9, 2013 3:02:12 PM

24. Nine Gayden!

Posted by: Joesph Foster | Sep 9, 2013 3:07:00 PM

25. Two phonys launch faux scout group.

Posted by: john patrick | Sep 9, 2013 3:43:16 PM