"Ex-Gays" | Greg Quinlan

BigGayDeal.com

'Ex-Gays' Hold Pitifully Attended 'Lobby Day' in D.C., Debut Awful New Theme Song: VIDEO

Right Wing Watch reports on another disastrous showing for Greg Quinlan and his "ex-gay group PFOX at a Washington lobby day. Despite the group's claims of 'thousands of Ex-Gays' that were ready to march on D.C., only 15 showed up:

QuinlanDespite claims that “there are more ex-gay people in the world than there are gay people in the world” and that there are “thousands of ex-gays” ready to march on Washington and make their voices heard, ex-gay gatherings always seem to assemble just a small handful of people. And it’s always the exact same people.

Ex-Gay Awareness Month, which immediately followed the disastrous Ex-Gay Pride Month lobby day, managed to muster “about 15 ex-gay activists to lobby Capitol Hill” yesterday.

The pathetically unsuccessful lobby day was followed by an equally feeble First Annual Ex-Gay Awareness Dinner and Reception for 60 people, that attracted such "Christian" haters of Mathew Staver of the Liberty Counsel, and Bishop Harry Jackson, the Christian Post reports.

At the event they even debuted the winner of their "ex-gay theme song contest", a ditty called "Rise Up" by Dennis Jernigan.

Watch Jernigan's official video for the song, AFTER THE JUMP...

Jernigan

Comments

1. This is a sad, sad bunch of fundamentalists who don't seem to know if they're coming or going. I've no sympathy for them, however. Either they're gay, bi or straight. There's no "ex" to it. So, if they claim they're "ex-gay/lesbian" then they're either bi or straight. End of story. They need to deal with themselves and get on with life. Stop blaming us for not recognizing their so-called "ex-ness". There're no awards for no longer claiming to be gay or lesbian. There's just the rest of your life. Enjoy it and all the equality rights bestowed upon you by the federal and your respective state governments and leave mine alone!

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Oct 2, 2013 12:08:40 PM

2. Sad, sad, sad....

So unfortunate for these naive humans.

Posted by: johnny | Oct 2, 2013 12:09:42 PM

3. there are, of course, no actual Friends or Family of ex-gays. Just bullying slavemasters of determined-not-to-be-gays.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Oct 2, 2013 12:10:09 PM

4. exgay; "I promise I won't suck cock even though I really, really, really want to...and probably will anyway while Jesus isn't looking."

15 people?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!

Posted by: JennyO | Oct 2, 2013 12:18:02 PM

5. At least these guys have the balls to stand up to the dominant gay culture, which insists upon promoting a culture that fawns over talentless young women who don't support us. Some of us are sick of this atmosphere and would rather create a community more closely related with our own values.

Posted by: Adam | Oct 2, 2013 12:30:33 PM

6. After you subtract the entertainers, speakers, organizers, comps for the parents and the FRC, you probably have just 10 paid attendees.

Even at 60 people, that's only eight tables! And they couldn't fill every seat at that. Dinner at a hotel for 60 would easily cost $10,000. Entertainment and set up probably another $10,000 at least, unless everyone was doing it for free. Did they serve alcohol? probably not, since they are so religious, but if they did, that's another $5000. The whole event probably cost about $30,000. Of course, the centerpieces could not have been flowers -- too gay for this crowd.

If they charged $80 per head, the max they could have taken in $4000, but with all the comps it would be much less.

They lost a ton of money on this, which is great. I just hope the hotel got a big deposit, because you know they'll get stiffed.otherwise.

Posted by: Randy | Oct 2, 2013 12:36:23 PM

7. Adam is right, clearly it's the gays and their pop stars that are creating the toxic environment that makes these pathetic people live a sad life of denial. I know every time Katy Perry comes on the radio I'm filled with rage and a burning urge to pray the gay away.

Posted by: JMC | Oct 2, 2013 12:38:14 PM

8. Rise up. Embrace your sad, lonely destiny. Believe your fantasy dreams. The singer is with you. See him looking at you, with his stern, unhappy face.

Wow! 15 people showed up to lobby their drunken Congress members during the government shut-down debacle. 60 people showed up to dinner. What a sad, pitiful cluster of people.

Posted by: john patrick | Oct 2, 2013 12:42:53 PM

9. Exactly, JMC. I'm sick of gay culture and pop stars and women who promote bisexuality because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to come on here every day and complain about the same things. Do you know what would happen if I was no longer able to complain about pop stars and Madonna? I'd have to look in the mirror and realize that I've wasted my entire life. I'd love to join PFOX but my friends and family don't actually love me, there should be an ex-gay group for those of us who hate being gay all by ourselves.

Posted by: Adam | Oct 2, 2013 12:43:08 PM

10. Rise up? How about sit down and shut up?

Posted by: Jack M | Oct 2, 2013 12:51:50 PM

11. I was gay long before Madonna was a bulge in her daddy's boxer shorts.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 2, 2013 12:59:51 PM

12. To be fair, this song isn't much worse than some of the gay indie artist's work that get posted here (the horrible content of the song aside).

Posted by: JJJJJJ | Oct 2, 2013 1:00:17 PM

13. Every time my boyfriend and I get together, we "rise up" (if you get my drift. And it's very satisfying.

Posted by: jomicur | Oct 2, 2013 1:03:13 PM

14. Neal, JMC is clearly teasing Adam. Adam is definitely a troll though.

Posted by: Tyler | Oct 2, 2013 1:13:19 PM

15. And after lobbying on Capital Hill, they went to Secrets.

Posted by: crispy | Oct 2, 2013 1:23:07 PM

16. why is he standing in front of southfork?

Posted by: woody | Oct 2, 2013 1:32:30 PM

17. Hey...it would be fun to hear and see what Madge, Katy and La GaGa would do with the song. Kinda reminds me of a "Pippin" anthem as it is. Needs some juice, a flash of sinew, some hot choreography....and, of course, a mob of adoring concert fans...

Posted by: Chazwm | Oct 2, 2013 1:34:07 PM

18. Show me an Ex-Gay and I'll show you one lonely dude.

Posted by: Tim | Oct 2, 2013 1:43:25 PM

19. Well there's a difference in holding an event scheduled for 60 and how many actually showed up. Anyone could hold an ex-gay reception for 1,300,000, that doesn't mean any showed up at all, or would ever want to. It just means someone paid for a completely unnecessary reception.

Tens showed up - happens more and more. Even the loons aren't as loony as they used to be.

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | Oct 2, 2013 1:45:03 PM

20. Rise up, indeed.

Posted by: steve talbert | Oct 2, 2013 1:51:29 PM

21. "I know what you are looking at Mary, and Jesus does too!" ~Mandy Moore from the movie Saved!

Posted by: J. Alan | Oct 2, 2013 1:53:13 PM

22. When am I supposed to be impressed???

Posted by: Mark | Oct 2, 2013 1:54:16 PM

23. Sad and pathetic. I feel sorry for him. Really.

Posted by: Matt27 | Oct 2, 2013 1:58:51 PM

24. is he talking about him hoping his penis to rises up when he's looking at women?

Posted by: tbd | Oct 2, 2013 2:01:12 PM

25. Why is his face out of focus throughout the entire video? That is one crappy cameraman...

Posted by: Steven | Oct 2, 2013 2:02:33 PM