News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

House Stenographer Dianne Reidy Reveals Why She Went Nuts After Shutdown Vote

Dianne Reidy, the House Stenographer who mounted the podium following the shutdown vote to shriek out a diatribe about

God and the Freemasons, sent an email to FOX News explaining why she did it:

Dianne_reidyFirst, from Dianne:

“For the past 2 and 1/2 weeks, the Holy Spirit has been waking me up in the
middle of the night and preparing me (through my reluctance and doubt) to deliver
a message in the House Chamber.
That is what I did last night”

Her husand (sic) Dan says “My wife is a sweet, level-headed wonderful woman of God. I am proud of her.”

So, basically it was the type of hallucination Michele Bachmann has every day.

Comments

1. Maybe the House needs a professional doing that job.

Posted by: JimmyD | Oct 18, 2013 10:48:13 AM

2. Maybe it was indigestion waking her up. It's easy to confuse that with the Holy Spirit.

"Level-headed woman?" She's all yours, Pal!

Posted by: Jack M | Oct 18, 2013 10:52:33 AM

3. I feel bad for her. She obviously has some mental health issues. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Posted by: Chris K | Oct 18, 2013 10:53:48 AM

4. Holy crap, is this really happening? Are we seriously being asked to tolerate people like this? If you want to be a crazy waste of space lady do it in the private sector, or your own damn house. It should NEVER be acceptable to have a crazy fit in public.

Posted by: Fenrox | Oct 18, 2013 11:10:11 AM

5. holy spirits (Scottish whisky particularly) generally make me sleepy, not wake me up in the middle of the night.

Posted by: Dan Mc | Oct 18, 2013 11:13:54 AM

6. St. James Beam?
    St. John Walker?

Posted by: Chuck | Oct 18, 2013 11:15:50 AM

7. I agree with Chris K, I also hope that she gets the help she obviously needs (and thet her husband gets a little dose of reality).

That said, I also hope that this is not tolerated because of the Chrstianity/Holy Spirit thing. Doing things and then saying that some heavenly being wanted it done is teh basis of a lot of behavior pushed on other people. This was relatively harmless, but the same "explanation" has been used by murderers and terrorists.

Posted by: rjinva | Oct 18, 2013 11:17:30 AM

8. @fenrox

thank you for saying that.

Posted by: Ralke | Oct 18, 2013 11:17:45 AM

9. She needs to be replaced immediately. If someone is hearing any 'moon man' voices and telling them to do something then obviously they need a mental evaluation.

Posted by: Will | Oct 18, 2013 11:25:53 AM

10. The onset of mental illness. It can be scary.

Posted by: Daniel | Oct 18, 2013 11:30:03 AM

11. Don't wait for her to get good mental health assistance-not in this country which has an abysmal record in understanding and seriously treating mental health issues.
    This will be treated delicately because of the religious component and she will probably be championed in some quarters because of her "obvious" hotline to her imaginary god.
    If she were getting messages from similar fictional characters like Santa and the Easter Bunny -she would be in a 3 day psych old already but because it is the fictional religious figure- not so much....

Posted by: nick | Oct 18, 2013 11:35:08 AM

12. Can you blame her? If I had to listen to Congress blather for hours over the course of several years, I'd lose my mind too.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Oct 18, 2013 11:39:46 AM

13. She's a nut-case to be sure, in the vein of many of our televangelists and politicians. It's a shame that involuntary institutionalization is no longer an option.

Posted by: Burt | Oct 18, 2013 11:40:13 AM

14. When you talk to god, it's prayer.
    When god talks to you, it's schizophrenia.

Get help, lady.

Posted by: Rich F. | Oct 18, 2013 11:44:29 AM

15. Next shoe to drop:

House Republicans will argue that she should not be fired just because she expressed her Christian beliefs. They will say that it's another Democrat/Socialist/Obama/Muslim/Atheist effort to drive Christianity out of the lives of Americans.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Oct 18, 2013 12:21:28 PM

16. This after the House of Representatives, a couple days prior to her breakdown, sang Amazing Grace! Even on of the Representatives bragged about how impressed they were they knew all 3 verses. The were singing church hymns instead of doing what they needed to do - run the country. And by run I don't mean into the ground Boehner, Cruz, McConnell, Cantor, etc....

Still, what the hell does that have to do with the Freemasons?

Posted by: jakeinlove | Oct 18, 2013 12:22:15 PM

17. I suppose it's a good reminder to us that there really is a sizeable number of people out there who think this way, if it can be called "thinking."

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Oct 18, 2013 12:35:54 PM

18. I thought I had the holy spirit talking to me last night too, but it was just gas.

Posted by: spg | Oct 18, 2013 1:13:32 PM

19. Religion is the worst drug in the world and look how many people are addicted to it.

Posted by: Sam | Oct 18, 2013 1:20:34 PM

20. Well, it's quite a different story then, . . . as long as the Holy Spirit told her to grab the microphone and spout nonsense . . . then, everything must be OK.

Too bad, I didn't know about this in high school, then I could have blamed the Holy Spirit instead of my dog who ate my homework.

Posted by: Continuum | Oct 18, 2013 1:51:02 PM

21. ugh! what a lovely and stupid explanation.......I am cool with her dream, but I don't think God wanted her to extoll her dreams, psychosis, craziness on the chamber floor on live tv........

Posted by: Bernie | Oct 18, 2013 1:53:29 PM

22. One wonders what her stenography looks like! I feel a bit sorry for her--her "proud" enabler husband probably should lay off the encouragement--but the real nuts are the FOX Republicans trying to use a crazy person as their religious freedom role model.

Posted by: Ernie | Oct 18, 2013 1:58:46 PM

23. Religious "freedom" is the problem. This woman and everyone like her should be involuntarily locked up for life.

Posted by: Queer Supremacist | Oct 18, 2013 2:28:33 PM

24. Can you imagine if she were Muslim? If she behaved the same way but used different names for her invisible sky god(s)?

Posted by: Mike B. | Oct 18, 2013 4:00:52 PM

25. Oh, the holy spirit, that explains all.

Now, please give her psychiatric help, she obviously needs it

Posted by: jjose712 | Oct 18, 2013 4:13:23 PM