Frankie J. Alvarez | Jonathan Groff | Looking | Murray Bartlett

All Eyes on the New FULL Trailer for HBO's Gay Drama 'Looking': VIDEO

7_looking

Yesterday we posted a behind-the-scenes visit to the set of Looking in which the cast and crew talked about the influence the locales of San Francisco had on the show.

And now, the full trailer is HERE.

The show stars Jonathan Groff, Frankie J. Alvarez, and Murray Bartlett, with Russell Tovey and Scott Bakula. It premieres on January 19.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

And for those who are wondering, the song is "All Eyes On You" by St. Lucia.

8_looking

Here's the song in the trailer:

Comments

1. I'll watch this and give it a fair chance, mainly because I'm a big fan of Andrew and Jonathan (Weekend and C.O.G. were both fantastic).

But my interest in 'Looking' is most definitely in spite of, and not because of, these trailers. They have both left me feeling...meh.

Posted by: Lars | Nov 25, 2013 9:04:03 AM

2. Eww...too many beards.

Posted by: JonnyNYNY2FLFL | Nov 25, 2013 9:14:08 AM

3. Thanks for the new trailer AND the information on the song. Of course, I saw the full trailer last night and then let Shazam look up the song for me. Nioe to know that someone was of like mind to let others know about the song.

Yes, I will be definitely tuning in. It's about time that we had a GLBT-focused show back on cable TV.

Posted by: Joesbrat67 | Nov 25, 2013 9:16:39 AM

4. Will def give it a go but these previews seem a little too after-school special.

Posted by: Mike | Nov 25, 2013 9:19:53 AM

5. Looks intriguing. I will put away my dislike ironic mustaches and give this a chance but if see the pbr come out i am leaving.

Posted by: HKfCA | Nov 25, 2013 9:21:18 AM

6. Andrew Haigh is an artist. The people putting this together look like they're attempting something different with an authentic contemporary feel. "The Way We Live Now" as the Anthony Trollope goes. It looks intimate both in the manner of "Weekend" and that old HBO film "Longtime Companion". They're attempting something unique and new.

Posted by: will | Nov 25, 2013 9:23:03 AM

7. The absence of queens is as conspicuous as it is welcome. Let's hear it for a fresh model of gay men, even if they're a bit too hairy.

Posted by: Uffda | Nov 25, 2013 9:41:34 AM

8. Don't want anyone too queeny, but not too hairy either. WTF? Note to Goldilocks: This is why you are (and will always be) single.

And FYI: Actual San Francisco drag queens appear in this show. Sorry, love.

Posted by: crispy | Nov 25, 2013 9:49:37 AM

9. Seems very talky and one note. They'll never beat Queer as Folk.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 25, 2013 10:01:11 AM

10. Why all the hate for beards, guys?! :-)

Where I live - a major East Coast city - beards are very popular with both gays and straights.

The show looks pretty good to me. I'd give it a shot. Can't be any worse than Queer as Folk.

Posted by: Sam | Nov 25, 2013 10:15:35 AM

11. As usual the Bitching and Moaning Tabernacle Choir has voted thumbs down before seeing a single episode.

I like guys with beards (have one myself) and I don't recall Afterschool Specials with men kissing.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Nov 25, 2013 10:16:40 AM

12. I'm looking forward to the episode in which all the main characters spend Friday night at home impulsively jumping from Manhunt to Grndr to A4A and frittering the night away.

Re: beards. I'm old enough to remember walking down Castro and feeling like the only guy without a beard (I was still a twinkish 20 and couldn't have grown a full beard if I had wanted to). Sigh... memmmmmmmries.

Posted by: BobN | Nov 25, 2013 10:19:57 AM

13. I'll take the guy turning 40--beefy, hairy chest, mustache...!

Posted by: Bill | Nov 25, 2013 10:24:56 AM

14. Im living in NYC, which is the only city in the world that gays live in, and Im young and beautiful, but am I young and beautiful enough?

Posted by: DrJWL | Nov 25, 2013 10:26:08 AM

15. Bill, I called him first! :)

Posted by: crispy | Nov 25, 2013 10:32:28 AM

16. QAF in SF, 10 years older and without the club and the drugs it seems

Posted by: QJ201 | Nov 25, 2013 11:02:58 AM

17. Men have beards, and I love both.

Posted by: tranquilo | Nov 25, 2013 11:06:29 AM

18. Feels a little more charming than QAF, which I always found a little too depressing and "Brian"-centric for my tastes. I'm willing to give it a shot.

Posted by: BuckeyeWxGuy | Nov 25, 2013 11:09:00 AM

19. QAF (the American version) was a little too Toronto for me, especially since it was supposed to be set in Pittsburgh. So it's a good first step if the filming location actually matches the setting. Guess I'm in line for the 40-year-old hairy one.

It's always fun to read critiques of shows no one has seen.

Posted by: Ernie | Nov 25, 2013 11:35:14 AM

20. Moustache guy is smokin' hot, I'll watch this just to see him!

Posted by: leprechaunvict | Nov 25, 2013 11:58:00 AM

21. Not enough skin color and body diversity in this cast. The producers and director should spend some time somewhere like a big city homeless shelter. That's where you'll see what men really look like. We're not all like models from GQ or Vogue Hommes. But we all have our sexy side.

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Nov 25, 2013 12:09:33 PM

22. I'm not a fan of the main paring, there is like zero chemistry there.

Posted by: Jay | Nov 25, 2013 12:15:34 PM

23. swooooooooooooooon

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 25, 2013 12:17:47 PM

24. I guess minority gays don't exist or matter...

Posted by: Ankerich | Nov 25, 2013 12:42:57 PM

25. oooooooooo...so many beards!!!

Posted by: northalabama | Nov 25, 2013 12:44:49 PM