Film | News | Zac Efron

Zac Efron's Jaw Wired Shut After Fall at Home

Tumblr_mkid6jlbkv1qd11c7o1_500

Zac Efron won't be out promoting his new comedy, That Awkward Moment, because he had one of his own, according to E!:

E! News has exclusively learned that the actor's mouth is wired shut after he broke his jaw over the weekend. Efron slipped at the entrance of his L.A.-area home on Sunday in a puddle of water he didn't see.

He not only broke his jaw when he fell, but he also suffered a gash that required stitches. Efron is expected to make a full recovery.

In September, it was revealed that Efron spent some time in rehab earlier this year.

Comments

1. I had my jaws wired shut to stop me giving bj's to random strangers.

Posted by: bollox | Nov 13, 2013 8:22:36 AM

2. I'm not a Zac fan, but I thought it was in poor taste to mention his recent time in rehab. Clearly that was an attempt to indicate to the reader that there could have been more to the story than a simple slip and fall. I cry "foul"... That's tabloid style reporting.

Posted by: norseman | Nov 13, 2013 8:32:29 AM

3. Puddle of water? Well I suppose it could have happened that way.

Posted by: Ken | Nov 13, 2013 8:49:33 AM

4. Scars noted for roguish good looks in 3, 2...

Posted by: Robert | Nov 13, 2013 9:05:46 AM

5. God, he is such a piece of ass.

Posted by: Justin | Nov 13, 2013 9:06:53 AM

6. Zac Efron is this generations Montgomery Clift

Posted by: Larry | Nov 13, 2013 9:06:55 AM

7. Sorry for Zac, fame is no insurance against such things.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 13, 2013 9:10:01 AM

8. Meth?

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 13, 2013 9:16:37 AM

9. in defense of Montgomery Clift, he was the greatest male actor of the post-war generation. Clift was the acting inspiration for both Marlon Brando and James Dean. Zac is cute, but he ain't no Monty!

Posted by: Jon | Nov 13, 2013 9:22:43 AM

10. He's well on his way to becoming the next William Holden

Posted by: Paul | Nov 13, 2013 9:22:47 AM

11. I hope Zac overcomes his addiction. It's hard. I know from experience.

Thanks for the gif. It's yummy!

Posted by: Gigi | Nov 13, 2013 9:29:21 AM

12. I'm hijacking all the threads today. Can we please call on andy to update this commenting system with ratings? The negative and horrible comments here are getting to be more of a draw for some people than the stories. People are constantly being attacked in the comments and in real life through other means of communication. Getting into a fight here could and HAS led to stalking and violence in the greater net. People also love to post as others and further disrupt conversations. This has to stop and it's up to us to force Andy's hand here, he is supporting a lot of anti-gay people.

His twitter is @AndyTowle and his FB is https://www.facebook.com/andytowle?fref=ts

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 13, 2013 9:39:46 AM

13. Fenrox - Reality check time! You can read about Zac on 500 different sights today and Andy knows it. Andy gets a huge amount of hits from his readers eagerly awaiting the comments on any article he posts. Hits generate revenue. Revenue allows Andy to continue to operate this sight. Yeah, he has a lot of bitter trolls, but they're probably his most loyal followers.

Posted by: Jon | Nov 13, 2013 9:53:11 AM

14. Cocaine and ecstasy. I never would have guessed.

Sarcasm off.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 13, 2013 10:09:17 AM

15. @Jon, having comment ratings wouldn't hurt that! Trolls aren't deterred by difficulty. But it would allow regular readers to read without troll infecting.

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 13, 2013 10:15:44 AM

16. Mmm. I love to take care of a man when he's down.

Posted by: perry | Nov 13, 2013 10:23:52 AM

17. Without knowing that he had been in rehab, I suspected that his publicity machine left out some details. What time of day (or night) did the 'accident' occur? Is his home in Southern California? When was the last time it rained there? Oh, it hasn't? How'd that puddle mysteriously appear? Oh, the gardener? And he forgot the "Caution, wet floor" sign? Has he been fired?

Posted by: Mitch | Nov 13, 2013 10:32:17 AM

18. Great ! Now if this could only happen to Justin Bieber, the world would truly be a better place - albeit temporarily.

Posted by: Tre | Nov 13, 2013 11:08:09 AM

19. Oh man, this happens to me so often. I slip on a puddle a water and I break my jar. Wait, what? He broke his jaw, not his jar? By slipping? On water? On his front porch? ... Sure.

That dude needs help.

Posted by: Marc | Nov 13, 2013 11:34:24 AM

20. I'm sorry Zac Efron had this accident and hand to have his jaw wired shut. Why can't this kind of thing happen to Ann Coulter?

Posted by: Micklest | Nov 13, 2013 12:20:52 PM

21. @Fenrox: Are comments like Micklest negative and harmful? Could his comment lead to getting into a fight here or lead to stalking and violence in the greater net?

Posted by: WeHo | Nov 13, 2013 3:53:01 PM

22. Poor guy, I hope he recovers and that he is surrounded by the right kind of people. Drug Addiction is no joke and there is no make up to cover reality. I mean, reality always wins.

Posted by: SAYTHETRUHT | Nov 13, 2013 4:29:52 PM

23. I would have stuck with the old standby "banana peel" rather than "puddle of water."

Posted by: Alex | Nov 13, 2013 4:49:40 PM

24. I don't understand it! He has everything, looks, health, money, fame WHY cocaine and alcohol. Someone said it's because they can have anything or anyone they get bored, jaded. He's too young to be bored. How many millions would love to be in his place and would treasure and share it not destroy a beautiful life. Don't understand it never will.

Posted by: Roy | Nov 13, 2013 5:31:51 PM

25. The latest is he got completely wacked out of his mind and did a face dive. Sounds painful. Sounds more realistic. Sounds like another trip to the safe house, if he doesn't kill himself first.

Posted by: Sam | Nov 13, 2013 6:05:12 PM