News | Pat Robertson

Pat Robertson: Don't Invite Lesbians to Your Home Because They Might Convert Your Kids — VIDEO

Lesbians_robertson

On today's 700 Club, Pat Robertson answered a question from a viewer who was worried about inviting a lesbian friend over to her home, Right Wing Watch reports. Robertson responded that she is right to be wary because if her kids see a lesbian they might decide to become one.

Says Robertson:

“You keep love, you loved her, you were close and your influence may have something significant to her, the idea is you don’t gain anything by shunning. But at the same you don’t want your children to grow up as lesbians, that’s what you’re talking about, you don’t want to show them that that’s an acceptable lifestyle for your family....It doesn’t hurt to tell somebody: I love you, we are going to do what we can to be friends if we can. I have my lifestyle, it’s Christian and you have yours, it’s not; I’m sorry we can’t indulge in certain things together.”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. He must be on to something......I was tempted to become a lesbian just by reading the headline....

Posted by: DuluthGreg | Dec 12, 2013 12:12:49 PM

2. Seriously, why isn't he dead yet?

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Dec 12, 2013 12:12:59 PM

3. I just love old grifters. They're so almost dead.

Posted by: Sean in Dallas | Dec 12, 2013 12:15:27 PM

4. That's the power of The Gay! We're so incredibly wonderful that despite the overwhelming presence and influence of heterosexuals our mere existence can inspire a person to become gay! Now, of course, heterosexuals can't inspire anyone to be heterosexual. That's not how it works. It's our magical powers of wonderfulness that we gays alone possess. Or something. YAY!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Dec 12, 2013 12:15:32 PM

5. Unless you need your house painted or some minor plumbing issues fixed, in which case go ahead and invite them. They're so handy.

Posted by: The Milkman | Dec 12, 2013 12:18:22 PM

6. ok.... The real issue here is not Pat Robertson.

The real villain is the viewer who is secretly icked out by the lesbian friend

Posted by: Homo Genius | Dec 12, 2013 12:18:30 PM

7. Declare the 700 Club a hate group and get on with it. These are truly sick people - not just Robertson but the whole lot of them. They should be banned from broadcasting altogether.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Dec 12, 2013 12:27:11 PM

8. I think this blog has a fetish for Pat Robertson. I'll never understand what that man is given print/air/web space. Must be like watching a train wreck.

Posted by: spg | Dec 12, 2013 12:30:38 PM

9. How many more years are they gonna waste airtime on this old man filling his adult diaper?

Posted by: FFS | Dec 12, 2013 12:33:25 PM

10. When is this drooling old fart gonna call it quits and shut his lying mouth? God, he needs to go on "early" retirement.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Dec 12, 2013 12:34:34 PM

11. who will buy all the flanel?

Posted by: capetom | Dec 12, 2013 12:35:39 PM

12. Or worse, they may accuse you of not leaving a tip.

Posted by: crispy | Dec 12, 2013 12:36:33 PM

13. If it was that easy to become gay, then why is it not that easy to become straight? Why would someone like Pat Robertson assert that one must engage in a lengthy amount of prayer and counsel to "leave the homosexual lifestyle"?

Is he saying that the gay is better and more powerful than heterosexuality??

Posted by: Chris | Dec 12, 2013 12:37:28 PM

14. Lol! DON'T DO IT, THEY WILL GET YOU!

Posted by: Fenrox | Dec 12, 2013 12:48:42 PM

15. Don't invite the Christians in for that matter as well LOL

Posted by: Johnny | Dec 12, 2013 12:49:23 PM

16. And this is why I do not invite Christians into my house- they try to convert you.

Posted by: homer | Dec 12, 2013 12:49:32 PM

17. I don't know where he lives (on the groung and in his mind), but I am happy it isn't anywhere near me.

Posted by: Matt27 | Dec 12, 2013 12:51:54 PM

18. Ah, the sophisticated "Gay Cooties" argument.

Classy. Like '3rd grade class'-y.

Posted by: jexer | Dec 12, 2013 12:52:45 PM

19. That's funny. I've tried to make my friends kids gay, and my nieces & nephews, but dammit they are all str8! Guess I'm not trying hard enough! Or maybe, Pat and his followers are complete morons?!

Posted by: John | Dec 12, 2013 12:53:17 PM

20. Pat Robertson is someone I wouldn't want around my children. I wouldn't want my children to grow up to be a Talibangelist. I wouldn't want them to choose that kind of a lifestyle.

Posted by: Gigi | Dec 12, 2013 12:56:58 PM

21. "I'm sorry we can't indulge in certain things together." You mean, like our shared humanity?

Posted by: Jack M | Dec 12, 2013 1:03:25 PM

22. And next thing you know they've stolen your turkey baster and teenaged son as the sperm donor.

It's nice that he's reached the age where his skin color matches his suit and tie.

Posted by: Ernie | Dec 12, 2013 1:05:54 PM

23. More proof that fear and deceit are part of the Christian doctrine.

Posted by: 1♥ | Dec 12, 2013 1:11:04 PM

24. Robertson is the worst kind of con man. He dupes the elderly, the stupid and the paranoid. Before he passes on, I hope he realizes what he has done and begs forgiveness from those he has harmed.

Posted by: Bryan L | Dec 12, 2013 1:31:35 PM

25. Don't invite Evangelical Christians to your home because they might convert your kids.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Dec 12, 2013 1:36:28 PM