Comments

1. says

That’s the power of The Gay! We’re so incredibly wonderful that despite the overwhelming presence and influence of heterosexuals our mere existence can inspire a person to become gay! Now, of course, heterosexuals can’t inspire anyone to be heterosexual. That’s not how it works. It’s our magical powers of wonderfulness that we gays alone possess. Or something. YAY!

2. Mike Ryan says

Declare the 700 Club a hate group and get on with it. These are truly sick people – not just Robertson but the whole lot of them. They should be banned from broadcasting altogether.

3. Chris says

If it was that easy to become gay, then why is it not that easy to become straight? Why would someone like Pat Robertson assert that one must engage in a lengthy amount of prayer and counsel to “leave the homosexual lifestyle”?

Is he saying that the gay is better and more powerful than heterosexuality??

4. John says

That’s funny. I’ve tried to make my friends kids gay, and my nieces & nephews, but dammit they are all str8! Guess I’m not trying hard enough! Or maybe, Pat and his followers are complete morons?!

5. Gigi says

Pat Robertson is someone I wouldn’t want around my children. I wouldn’t want my children to grow up to be a Talibangelist. I wouldn’t want them to choose that kind of a lifestyle.

6. says

And next thing you know they’ve stolen your turkey baster and teenaged son as the sperm donor.

It’s nice that he’s reached the age where his skin color matches his suit and tie.

7. Bryan L says

Robertson is the worst kind of con man. He dupes the elderly, the stupid and the paranoid. Before he passes on, I hope he realizes what he has done and begs forgiveness from those he has harmed.

8. Taylor says

And this is why young people are leaving the church in droves!

Young people already have gay and lesbian friends…and they know that having a gay friend….doesn’t make you gay, or influence you into being gay.

Keep talking, Pat. You’re doing us a world of good!

9. Hey Darlin' says

The clear answer here is to shut your friend out forever, she will be so much better off without the antiquated advice of Pat Robertson. She also won’t be made fun of for having a dim friend who takes advice from people who have no idea about reality.

10. I wont grow up says

Honestly folks, why do we give this wack job a forum? If you drilled a couple of extra hole in his empty head you could play it like an ocarina.
    I consider myself a religious person, certainly not the type he or any of the posters on this forum would think of. But in the sense that all people deserve to be treated with love and respect and not hate. I don’t hate this man, I pity him and his followers.

11. KevInPDX says

Why would a lesbian be “friends” w/a fundi christian anyways??? Aren’t you all aware of your “friends” political and religeous views and avoid the wack jobs and folks who can’t think for themselves? It’s Pat R. who has the obsession w/gays/lesbians and I think this is a staged call to have a negative convo. piece.

AND, yeah, why isn’t this old MoFo dead already??!!

12. KevInPDX says

AND, yeah, why isn’t this old MoFo dead already??!!

13. GregV says

Pat Robertson made assumptions here and the write-up repeated them.

Nowhere in the letter did the viewer say either that her friend’s partner was not a man or that her friend was not a Christian.
    The letter-writer may very well be friends with a Christian woman who is “shacking up” with a man (gasp) without being married. A lot of the old-school fundies would shun someone because of such a “sinful lifestyle.”