BigGayDeal.com

News: Liam Payne, Netflix, Price is Right, Zachary Quinto, Beyonce

Road Tenessee Equality Project pushing businessess in the state to show their support for the LGBT community.

Road One Screen Shot 2013-12-31 at 2.17.37 PM Direction's Liam Payne shows off his big long snake.

Road Slate takes a look at how libertarians failed the gay rights movement. "Rather than boldly argue for equal rights for everyone, Libertarians have merely argued for the dismantling of everyone's rights—the right to legal marriage, the right against workplace discrimination, and so on. That's not liberty; it's giving the green light to entrenched systemic discrimination. Libertarians could have led on this issue. Instead, they've fallen unforgivably far behind."

Road Drug-fueled Indiana woman holds her daughter’s boyfriend hostage, slices his penis with a box cutter.

Road Netflix testing cheaper subscription options to compete with Amazon. The site will also be nixing some 80 popular movies (like Titanic, Braveheart, and Top Gun) on Jan. 1 due to expiring licenses.

Road Price is Right gives out its biggest prize ever: a $157,000 Audi R8 V8 Spyder Quattro S Tronic. The woman's reaction to winning is...ready for it...PRICELESS.

Road Oregon man proves why meth, masturbation, and cops don't mix well.

Zachary quintoRoad Zachary Quinto takes a stroll through NYC with his dogs and boyfriend Miles McMillan.

Road Video surfaces of Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson telling men they should marry underage girls. “You got to marry these girls when they are 15 or 16. They'll pick your ducks,” he can be heard saying in the video from 2009.

Road Beyonce criticized by NASA for using audio from the 1986 Challenger disaster in her song 'XO,' offers explaination. "“My heart goes out to the families of those lost in the Challenger disaster,” Beyonce said in a statement to ABC News. “The song ‘XO’ was recorded with the sincerest intention to help heal those who have lost loved ones and to remind us that unexpected things happen, so love and appreciate every minute that you have with those who mean the most to you.”

Secessionist mapRoad What the United States would look like if every secessionist movement had succeeded.

Road The Butler director Lee Daniels admits to contemplating suicide as a kid because of anti-gay and racist bullying. "I had a rough childhood growing up – very rough. Oftentimes I wanted to kill myself as a kid. You know, I was bullied because I was gay and then I was bullied because I was black going to an all-white school later on. Thank God I didn’t kill myself, huh? I think that the universe took care and God took care of me. I am the product of that environment.”

Comments

1. So typical that a dumb, female pop star would have no decency or dignity. I suppose the families of those who died on Challenger should be grateful that lawd Beyoncé has brought attention to this event by mocking it.

Posted by: Rick | Dec 31, 2013 4:12:52 PM

2. So the Indiana dude lets the stoner skank poke his junk with a fork THEN STICKS AROUND while she looks for a box cutter?

Posted by: Hansel Currywurst | Dec 31, 2013 4:21:16 PM

3. Considering how many gays want to sleep with 14 or 15 year old boys..isn't the DD story hypocritical?...

Posted by: Ankerich | Dec 31, 2013 6:25:18 PM

4. Beyonce got permission to use this....typical shamming/tabloid reporting by Towleroad lately...

Posted by: Ankerich | Dec 31, 2013 6:29:47 PM

5. Rick should just cyberstalking already....

Posted by: Ankerich | Dec 31, 2013 6:30:39 PM

6. "Netflix ... will also be nixing some 80 popular movies"

So tell me again how you think I'm going to subscribe to your service?

Posted by: Randy | Dec 31, 2013 10:01:24 PM

7. Hansel, "Two other people helped hold the man in the trailer"

Why these people have not been arrested is what I want to know.

Posted by: Randy | Dec 31, 2013 10:06:47 PM

8. The Slate article is highly dishonest. It claimed the LP, of which I am not a member, didn't have a position on gay rights now under one set of tabs. Under the same set, under platform, there is a plank, which the author ignored. It was pretty crappy.

Posted by: James Peron | Jan 1, 2014 4:01:19 AM

9. Here is Gov. Gary Johnson, the Libertarian presidential candidate in the last election talking about how marriage equality is a constitutionally guaranteed right. The student who wrote his blog post at Slate had to ignore this in order to make his claims.

Posted by: James Peron | Jan 1, 2014 4:14:26 AM

10. The Slate article is highly dishonest.

Apparently libertarian speak for "darnit, someone told the truth."
    In fact, I've visited some Libertarian forums (investigatively, it's clearly a terrible idea) and found unbelievably homophobic rantings. The idea that most or even many Libertarians are "Ok with the gay" is wrong. Perhaps some of them are not homophobic, but they would have no problem with a company firing you for merely thinking you could be gay. (at least a judiciary in a christofascist world would hold the prosecuting parties to proving it) Some of them do take a different spin on it, which is arguable even more hideous than the Abrahamic one. I remember a poster who said he thought it "must be caused by a virus" and that "he would never let a gay person even be physically present NEAR his young children" lest they catch it. And scores of responses agreed with him.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Jan 1, 2014 2:42:55 PM

11. Remember many libertarians subscribe to the notion that libertarianism is somehow a part of the "natural law" of the universe, which, of course, only includes heterosexuality as being natural

Posted by: EchtKultig | Jan 1, 2014 2:44:34 PM

12. "Here is Gov. Gary Johnson, the Libertarian presidential candidate in the last election talking about how marriage equality is a constitutionally guaranteed right. "

Ok, so I can get married...but will be fired by my Jesus-freak owned company when I do? I'll take the steady employment option first and foremost, thank you.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Jan 1, 2014 2:45:56 PM

13. Please correct the misspelling of Tennessee. (It has two 'n's.)

Posted by: John in Iowa | Jan 1, 2014 5:20:25 PM