Comments

1. Truthiness says

he’s thinking

“why did I wait so long to come out of the closet? how many people could I have helped by being honest with myself, my job and my fans?”

2. Red says

Well I’m certainly not going to go the usual route of hating on AC here after having seen him demolish that idiotic anti-gay, SB1062 loving bigot on his show the other night.

3. shawnthesheep says

It must be reassuring for those still in the closet to know that, no matter when they come out, there will always be members of the gay community who will constantly criticize them for not coming out sooner.

4. Noah says

I agree Roger. Gay is dominated in the media by Anderson Cooper, Rachel Maddow, Ellen, Andrew Sullivan, Lance Black, Ryan Murphy, Neil P. Me and a cast of others.. And it’s true that Cooper waited too long to come out. He belongs in one of those “Where Are They Now?” segments. They are such a tight smug group, heaven forbid any slips in the facade of absolute solidarity.

5. ajax28 says

Who are all these bitchy, superior queens on Towleroad who never miss an opportunity to say nasty, critical things about other gay men? Whether it’s Anderson Cooper, Dan Savage, Andy Cohen, or others, there’s always a host of angry, snide, disapproving condemnations. So tiresome. Better to come out late like Anderson, than attack public figures in our community than these self-righteous prigs.

6. woodroad34d says

I’m with you Ajax28. I swear, the people hating so vociferously about anyone in the media who came out (whether later than never) must be straight trolls. So what if he didn’t come out when everyone wanted him to? It’s none of their business — in fact these troll individuals are more dangerous than anything by forcing someone to come out against their will. Anderson Cooper has been forthright, a visible face and advocate; so what’s the harm?

7. jamal49 says

@AJAX28 Ignore them. Just remember that not one of them has done a damned thing of note with their lives except criticize and tear down those who have done something with their lives. Jealousy and envy do make some gay men very, very bitter.

8. Icebloo says

Anderson is thinking I wonder if people will notice I took a job from someone who actually made need one. Anderson’s family are among the richest in the WORLD. He needs to step aside and let someone who actually needs a paycheck have that nice easy job.