Matt Zarley | Music | Music Video | News

Matt Zarley is a Gay Dating Game Host in 'Somebody 4 Everybody': MUSIC VIDEO

Zarley

Gay singer-songwriter Matt Zarley (you may remember his politically-charged clip for "Trust Me" or his introspective clip "Change Begins with Me") channels Dating Game host Jim Lange for his new track which pushes the old adage that there's somebody for everybody.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This is AWFUL! David Laflamme is the ONLY thing worth looking at here. And Ironic too - David and Matts relationship ended right about the time David's star started rising, and he got the hell out of Zarley's Cheesefest. A STAR is Born, played out in real life….. This is terrible. Pass…….

Posted by: KITNER 1 | Feb 4, 2014 2:47:09 PM

2. I'll never get those 4 minutes back.

Posted by: Oliver Wendell Douglas | Feb 4, 2014 3:03:30 PM

3. Despite having an all-inclusive statement as "somebody for everybody", this video shows it only applies to white dudes with a single body type.

Posted by: Unicorn | Feb 4, 2014 3:08:41 PM

4. Cmon....stop bitching. MZ is doing something positive and encouraging...start supporting your own! ---love him!

Posted by: Geoff M | Feb 4, 2014 5:44:54 PM

5. That was cute

Posted by: jarago | Feb 4, 2014 5:47:47 PM

6. Very cute & sweet especially the ending; like "Trust Me" more as a song though. Zarley is definitely the entire package however-hot, sweet, funny, and Insanely talented.

Posted by: Dback | Feb 4, 2014 6:24:15 PM

7. I think it's a fun and catchy song. Positive message - there's someone out for everyone out there. I think it's a funny "over the top" take on the 70s The Dating Game game show. It's funny to me that viewers don't get the intentional "cheesiness." It's clearly done for a reason.

On top of it, Zarley has a terrific voice. No denying the guy can seriously sing. And his music has a positive message, which the world can use.

Re: Kitner's comment - I think it's tacky to comment on someone else's personal relationship. Clearly you weren't there and you don't know the couple's story. Did you follow them on Facebook and have a crush on the former "Scruff" guy? In addition, the idea of someone's "star" (term debatable) rising or falling is very subjective. Plus I think there's lots of attractive folks to look at in this video.

Re: Unicorn's comment - I watch this and see diversity. I see an African-American woman as the contestant in the second segment, someone who's clearly mixed race in the third segment. I see all different age groups (20s, 30s, 40s) and body shapes; bald guys; bearded guys; women who aren't a size 2; different body shapes; I see different ages represented. I see some people playing "ditzy blonds" and some people presented as smart. I see diversity.

I also see some bitchy comments. Talk about fulfilling a stereotype. No wonder there aren't more "out" artists.

Posted by: Jon | Feb 4, 2014 6:54:24 PM