Comments

1. johnny says

Your a movie star with all that money and time, yet you have zero clue how to get a decent hairstyle that is flattering and/or age-appropriate…?

Seriously, who thinks that looks good?

I’ve seen better rugs under a camel’s saddle.

2. Rad says

What gets me is; all of these multi-million dollar “stars” introducing the segments and not one was able to read a cue card without tripping up.

The only highlight of the night, frankly, was Bette Midler knocking out her old chestnut, “Wing beneath my wings” following the “In Memorium” segment.

3. Kevin Thor says

I find her most unattractive, physically and that horrid screeching she does instead of singing. Not quite as bad as the morbidly untalented Pink.

4. Rad says

I think the one thing that disturbed me most about the Oscars last night was the “AARP Job Placement” commercial at around the 11PM mark, to help you find that “Late in life career!” I don’t know about you, but unless my future job description involves a recliner, a remote control and a nap, I don’t want to hear about it

5. Reality says

I’ve disliked him ever since he ruined the Hairspray movie by saying, “it’s not a movie for gay people” … um really, as he sings in drag? He’s a total mess who just needs to GO AWAY.

6. Scott says

Ellen was all class after the song, however. She said Idina’s name twice, clearly and succinctly, without calling out Miss Travolta on her error.

7. says

I think John Travolta has dyslexia? I don’t want to crucify him for the flub if so. That being said Idina’s performance was less than stellar and very hard on the ears at certain points. I love her but it wasn’t her best.

8. Profe Sancho Panza says

I’ve read that Travolta has dyslexia – but her name should not have been new to him; that’s why they have scripts and rehearsal. If he honestly can’t pronounce one name correctly on live television, maybe he shouldn’t be invited to introduce anyone.

9. throwslikeagirl says

What Profe said. A couple of rehearsals, and someone telling the celeb how to pronounce the name of the person they’re introducing, is simply professional.

10. SpaceCadet says

I like Idina (Ms. Dazim, lol) and she’s a talented attractive woman, but it wasn’t her best performance, screeching and cracking and singing ahead of the song. I wasn’t particularly impressed with Bette or Pink either but I know they are great singers too. I thought the performance of the song from “Her” was sweet and “Happy” by Pharell was a lot of fun.

11. m.r. says

From what I could tell, the orchestra was too fast for her. They tried to compress a 3 minute song into 2 minutes and she could hardly catch her breath singing it. If you were watching the show the orchestra was not in the same building but was playing at Capitol Records building while she was singing at the Oscars. They weren’t in total sync.

12. Graphicjack says

Of the three divas singing, Pink was the best. Bette wasn’t bad, but she added a few too many deviations to the song that seemed like affectations. Adele/Idena seemed drowned out by the music, which was far too loud, and she probably was shouting the song and but to be even heard over it… I don’t fault her for that, but for the person who was responsible for the levels of her mic and the band, which wasn’t even in the theatre, as Ellen said. The same think happened to Adele last year. They need better tech guys if this keeps happening. Even if the levels were whacked at the beginning, why was no one adjusting them as the song continued.

13. Randy says

It’s clear that none, or almost none, of these “actors” bothered to rehearse their one line before show. Very unprofessional all around.

14. JOE 2 says

Dear KEVIN THOR: Congratulations on your graduation from Stereotype School. Incidentally, Idina Menzel and Pink both speak very highly of your work.

15. enchantra says

Who cares? I only heard of this woman two weeks ago. Do they think that we sit around waiting for the next piece of fluff to be excreted from Walt Disney’s bottom?