Anderson Cooper Tells Seth Meyers He Assumed He Was Gay: VIDEO

Anderson_meyers

Anderson Cooper assumed Seth Meyers was gay after meeting him at the gay gym, he told the Late Night host:

"It was pretty much the gayest gym on the planet and I assumed you were gay because there weren't a lot of other reasons to be there."

Meyers tells Anderson that it was before he came out so he assumed Anderson was straight.

"Now that we've set the record straight that I'm not gay..."

"Oh sure whatever, if that's how you want to play it Seth, go right ahead."

They go on to talke about Anderson's almost marriage to Steffon, his appearances on SNL, 'mini-Cooper', his work as a child model, his obsession with Malaysia 370 and the crazy theories that people send him, Russia and Ukraine, faking his credentials as a cub journalist and sneaking into wars.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I thought it was assumed Seth was a closet bi. Sexuality is not binary.

Posted by: Sam | Mar 18, 2014 9:49:43 AM

2. Astor Place David Barton's.

Posted by: David in NYC | Mar 18, 2014 10:30:27 AM

3. "They go on to (talke) about Anderson's almost marriage to Steffon,"

Again, please proofread your articles.

Posted by: elwoodl | Mar 18, 2014 10:54:00 AM

4. I think many blogs cut and paste because I have found names in an article that never were in the article previously...it drives me nuts because "john doe" makes some statement and i have no freaking clue this person is because the writer had not included that in the article having cut john doe's info out from earlier in the article they borrowed it from.

I do love gay Anderson though...he's so much more of a real person now that he has freed himself by admitting he is GAY. Oh, one more thing.

If there is a documentarian who reads this I have a sure hit/oscar winner. I want a serious 2 hour documentary on his mother mostly told by her because she tells stories so well. She is one of the most fascinating woman of the 20th century with stories to tell for hours and hours that would amaze people. If you don't know her, check her out. What a life she has led in every way. Love her. After I win the $400 mil tonight in the lottery I am taking a few million and funding that documentary.

Posted by: Dan | Mar 18, 2014 11:59:09 AM

5. You admit to a crime. You acknowledge being gay. Which, in his case, everybody already knew.

Posted by: oncemorewithfeeling | Mar 18, 2014 12:07:21 PM

6. Gloria Vanderbilt (Anderson's mother) is indeed a marvelous woman. Her son should finance the documentary...and he should ghost write her book (if there isn't already one out there). Powerfully, tragically, her other son, Anderson's brother, killed himself, he dropped from a window ledge after saying the most haunting of things, "Mother, I can't feel anything."

Posted by: UFFDA | Mar 18, 2014 12:24:04 PM

7. Anderson Cooper spends his time assuming what people probably assume about him.

Posted by: Neil | Mar 18, 2014 1:49:45 PM

8. HBO is producing a documentary on the 90 year old Gloria Vanderbilt - she's still very active and creative. Not sure when it will be completed but it should be great.

Posted by: Red | Mar 18, 2014 2:00:05 PM

9. I've always liked Seth.

Posted by: chasmader | Mar 18, 2014 4:41:53 PM

10. Anderson's brother also killed himself in front of Anderson, which he's said (as one would expect/hope) had serious effects on him.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 18, 2014 11:26:26 PM

11. First I've seen of Seth as host of his late night show and he's a natural. Love his genuine sense of humor. Doesn't hurt that he's adorable, too. :O)

Posted by: AriesMatt | Mar 18, 2014 11:54:26 PM

12. my mother likes Seth better than Jimmy Fallon...which, for some reason I think doesn't bode well for the longevity of Jimmy's show...I wonder how long it will take before Seth replaces him... and in other news, when Anderson Cooper laughs I want to hold him and marry him haha

Posted by: steve | Mar 19, 2014 2:57:45 AM

13. Ahhh David Barton Gym, anybody outside of NYC ever go? Its like a Circuit Party every night, including the err showers. So interesting to see an A list gay like Anderson Cooper being more and more open about Gay sexuality. I mean once the Str8 world accepts gay marriage they will have to be convinced to accept (open) gay male marriage which is why I have been married 20 years. And most likely why Anderson Cooper has a relationship. At some point this discussion will become public, once marriage is

Posted by: really | Mar 19, 2014 6:51:00 PM

14. At some discussion will become public, once marriage is settled.

Posted by: really | Mar 19, 2014 6:53:11 PM

15. Astor Place is gayer than Chelsea?

Posted by: olympiasepiriot | Mar 20, 2014 1:00:11 PM