Film | News

'Caught', a Short Film About a Gay Teen and a Secret Lust in 1948: VIDEO

Caught

Travel back in time in this 2008 short film Caught:

Set in 1948, Caught is a tuneful memory film of a shy teenager who is tempted by an alluring new student. Shot in Super 8, Caught has played in festivals around the world. Cinematography by Kris White and Music by Kevin McLardy.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. soccer in 1948?

Posted by: stephen | Mar 2, 2014 2:03:18 PM

2. @ Stephen - long before 1948.

However, that whole video was weird.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Mar 2, 2014 2:30:17 PM

3. not in the States - no American kid wanted to play that game - even when I was a kid it was considered WEIRD -

Posted by: stephen | Mar 2, 2014 2:37:03 PM

4. @ Stephen - do some research before shooting off your mouth (keyboard). It has been in the U.S.A. since before 1900.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Mar 2, 2014 5:23:42 PM

5. I found the soccer ball a bit weird. but two years later the US beat England 1-0 in the world cup in brasil. a huge upset,"a miracle on the pitch". unfortunately it would be forty years before we qualified for another world cup.

Posted by: titus | Mar 2, 2014 5:33:40 PM

6. To David C Jones: Don't quit your day job.

Posted by: I wont grow up | Mar 2, 2014 7:14:39 PM

7. Nice job for a little no budget short. Costumes and locations looked OK too.

Which guy was the one with the photo albumn ogling the black guy? I'm thinking he was the kid whose house it was, not New Guy, at least by his looks.

Posted by: emjayay | Mar 2, 2014 10:20:37 PM

8. What difference whether here or there or now or when? Fascinating that in stated 1948 that the emotions and feelings are absolutely the same today. Not much has changed since I was 8 years old!

Posted by: lg | Mar 3, 2014 4:04:43 AM

9. The hair was all wrong.
    Soccer was heard of, but I never saw it played until the late 60s. And then it wasn't high school kids.

Posted by: John Conolley | Mar 3, 2014 11:28:39 AM

10. Am I a bad gay for not thinking this film is very good? I'm honestly surprised it's played festivals all over the world.

Posted by: caskey | Mar 3, 2014 2:42:07 PM

11. I AGREE - IT'S TERRIBLE! AND NOT AN OUNCE OF "PERIOD"!

Posted by: Chuck | Mar 3, 2014 5:31:10 PM

12. Way to go to the filmmakers (David C. Jones) for seeing your hard work make it through the Festivals! I know how much passion and perseverance it takes to get a film made. Ignore comments from people like "I Won't Grow Up". His moniker is self-explanatory. ;-)

Posted by: megamouth | Mar 4, 2014 8:00:20 PM