Colorado Pastor Says Putting Gays in a Honey Maid Ad is Like Promoting Axe Murder, Cannibalism

Honeymaid

Colorado Pastor Kevin Swanson is back for your weekly laugh.

SwansonHe's the pastor who blamed the Colorado floods last September on gays, marijuana, and abortion rights. He also recently said that the Disney film Frozen is a satanic attempt to turn kids gay.

This week Swanson told his radio listeners that Honey Maid featuring a gay family in its ads is the same as promoting axe murderers and cannibals, Right Wing Watch reports.

Said Swanson:

When you come down to things like axe murder or homosexuality and you say, ‘we’re really going to promote it and we’re going to encourage everybody in America to engage in this or at least support this thing,’ there will be people on the other side who will take an adamantly opposed position to your support of axe murdering or homosexuality. They will be intolerant, they will be very intolerant of that which is evil, like axe murdering. Here’s my prognostication for Nabisco: I think they’re going to lose business.

Listen to some of his new nonsense here:

Swanson didn't like the company's response to its haters either:

He went on to say:

"Artists printed out the negative comments, rolled them all up and created a sculpture that reads ‘Love’ in cursive script. Isn’t that cute? That’s kind of cute. I wonder what God thinks about that? Didn’t God define love? See the problem with this ‘love’ thing is you can define it anyway you want. Homosexuals love their friends and cannibals love their victims, they taste good."

Listen:

Comments

1. JMC says

lmao this is one of those times where bigotry gets so crazy it just becomes comedic

tslk about being team too much

2. gregorybrown says

What is daily life like for these folks who see ONLY wickedness and evil in everything from the cosmic to the trivial? It can’t be healthy or pleasant . I suppose this “pastor” who is so misleading his flock would prefer to see the kids in an orphanage or on the streets instead of living in a home with two loving, responsible providers and protectors. He pretends to know what love is because he thinks he knows how god defines it. That’s arrogant.

3. says

YOu see, guys like him creep me out. Not just because he looks like every guy ever to appears on MegansLaw.com, but because he’s basically saying that if the bible didn’t say “don’t do this!” he’d BE DOING THIS!

as in – he’d be out there murdering and cannibalizing and raping, if only the bible told him not to.

hi, sociopath!

4. Calvin says

Promoting murder? That’s what a large part of the bible does.
    Cannibalism?
    Transubstiation aka eating the body of christ and consuming his blood.

Anyway, more and more we’re seeing how religionists and their ghastly holy tomes enforce in their minds a violent, bigoted, hateful, deranged outlook on the world.

5. kdknyc says

Thanks, Daniel–I was thinking exactly the same thing.

These guys are just bitter that they “can’t” be gay.

6. james st. james says

He’s the male version of the church lady from SNL.

I wonder if he does the “naughty dance.”

7. apex says

Guys like this don’t bother me. They are so completely out of touch with reality, most rational people can’t relate. They’re actually doing us a favor.

8. Tre says

It’s rather amusing watching the “Christians” in their final death throes. They sure are crazy…

9. johnny says

Listener count going down? Popularity waning? Cash amounts not what it used to be in the offering plates?

That’s OK, just say something incredibly bigoted and ignorant about gay people that is sure to fire up your base and get more crazies to hear you and donate.

Works every time. This is the new Religious Right meme and they’re all picking up on it.

10. WTF21 says

@DOMMYLUC, be careful how polite you are… You might just end up with a very polite B.J.

11. Dearcomrade says

I agree with APEX, this guy is doing the LGBT community (and atheists as well) a big favor spouting his nonsense. The more press he gets the better.

12. says

OH NO! Gay people in an ad for crackers? The world is ending folks! This is the final sign of the apocalypse foretold in Revelations! Give him all your money or else God will bring about the Armageddon all you Evangelicals get a raging hard-on about!

13. Randy says

One thing I like about this is that nobody will ever be able to wipe away this history.

Racist slavery, and the stealing of a continent, both massive evils, are just wiped away today, because the words of the people who did it, and their victims, exist at best on paper somewhere.

But here we have their own words, in their own voices, and it will echo forever.

14. Jaysonn says

I have eaten more graham cracker since I hear about this than I have in the past 14 years. Wonder if they make a diet cracker.

15. Bernie says

Mr. Swanson, I am a gay man and if I was a cannibal I would not eat you! You are so bitter, over seasoned, and dry! ugh!

16. Rod Roddy lookalike says

Remember Judge Doom in the movie “Who Framed Roger Rabbit”?

Your Honor, The Prosecution rests….

‘Nuff said, right?

17. Brian says

Hey, let’s just let this moron and others like him spout off. His remarks are totally counter productive to his cause. We ought to pay him to continue. He’s a walking poster boy for homophobia and irrationality.

18. Bill says

Just tell this pastor that our god(s) sing better than his god.

(Talk about some drama!)

19. ThomT says

I just love people like Swanson. It gives me great pleasure to watch as their world crumbles beneath their feet. And all of their “faith” and “praying” isn’t doing them a damn bit of good. I’d never purchased Teddy Grahams until the moralists decided to attack Honey Maid. So I purchased two cases and donated them to the food bank with my regular month donation.

20. kderpder says

My gaydar is off the charts when i look into his gay face

….the lady doth protest too much