Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent Marry

Brent_berkusNate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent married at the New York Public Library on Saturday night, People reports:

The ceremony was officiated by Sheri Salata, president of Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Productions. Berkus wore a J.Crew suit and Brent wore Saint Laurent; the two exchanged identical gold bands from Van Cleef & Arpels.

Parents from both sides and siblings were among the 220 guests, which included longtime friend Winfrey, Rachael Ray, Katie Lee, Rebecca Minkoff, Irene Neuwirth, Busy Philipps and Elizabeth Hendrickson from The Young and the Restless.

Wedding planner and friend Marcy Blum Associates collaborated with the men to design the evening's festivities. The invites were done by Elum Designs for Sugar Press. The décor combined their color palette of black, whites and creams and included gold touches, and natural elements like geodes and minerals, mixed in with lush greenery.

The ceremony wall was custom built and linens from Berkus's own fabric line blended with his Target collection.

Comments

1. Is this description for real? I couldn't stop laughing. Pleeese.

Posted by: barryearle | May 4, 2014 10:37:15 AM

2. Aww. Congrats. I'll give them 2 years, less if Nate discovers Jeremiah has been cheating on him for the past few months.

Posted by: S. | May 4, 2014 10:46:56 AM

3. Ha! I agree. Everything is a marketing opportunity. Even the most intimate moments in one's public life. Many happy sales!

Posted by: JAMES B. | May 4, 2014 10:47:35 AM

4. A big wedding at the top of the Western world of fashion and success. Sounds fun. Nate did lose a man he loved in the terrible tsunami of 2004 remember. He knows pain and loss, and he has worked very hard to be where he is. I wish him well.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 4, 2014 10:57:27 AM

5. They would have some pretty babies. Jeremiah was on Rachel Zoe's show and good lord that man is eye candy. Congrats to them!

Posted by: daws | May 4, 2014 10:58:00 AM

6. Hope Oprah gave them sheets with appropriate thread count for their new status. That's what holds these marriages together.
    Nate and I share the same September 17 birth date, but I have better taste. Good luck to Nate, with his Ready Whipped hair style and new beau pillow

Posted by: Gary | May 4, 2014 11:06:26 AM

7. yawn. am i the only one who thinks nate is annoying?

Posted by: fsinsd | May 4, 2014 11:17:00 AM

8. Good frikken Lord....you Americans are so bitchy.. Another happy gay couple gets married.. thought you'd be happy!
    Best wishes to the newlyweds.

Posted by: Splatt | May 4, 2014 11:17:53 AM

9. Where is SPLATT from?

Posted by: Arrow | May 4, 2014 11:30:13 AM

10. Geesh, I'm old...who are these people? Am I supposed to know from the article?

Posted by: hylas01 | May 4, 2014 11:33:53 AM

11. What is a ceremony wall?

Posted by: Clayton | May 4, 2014 11:38:45 AM

12. I wish the a long happy life, xoxo.

Posted by: Rob | May 4, 2014 11:42:32 AM

13. Best wishes to Nate and Jeremiah!

Posted by: Tom | May 4, 2014 11:52:33 AM

14. Nate certainly seems to recover well. His performance as widow after Fernando was followed by another serious relationship with what's his name then Jeremiah showed up and the whirlwind happened. I can't see this merging of brands lasting. While I would certainly wish any couple well, this feels like negotiated strategy. Was Rachel Zoe in attendance????? I'd like to know that.

Posted by: stanhope | May 4, 2014 11:55:57 AM

15. I agree hylas01 - I know Nate's name, but not why I know it.

Posted by: Alan | May 4, 2014 12:09:08 PM

16. When he was on Rachel Zoe's show I had a feeling Jeremiah was a surprise top despite appearances that might suggest otherwise. Gentlemen, we have confirmation at the Cape. LOL LOL

Posted by: stanhope | May 4, 2014 12:13:57 PM

17. .....and the fangs come out, sad.

Posted by: Rob | May 4, 2014 12:17:35 PM

18. From one recently married gay couple to another, congratulations and may you two live long and happy lives.

Posted by: Howard B | May 4, 2014 12:25:11 PM

19. Marriage is an adventure. Best wishes to both.

Posted by: Hank | May 4, 2014 12:48:58 PM

20. I'm getting serious Victor Voronov / Johnny Weir vibes from these two. Still, best of luck to them on this enterprise.

Posted by: Sergio | May 4, 2014 1:07:10 PM

21. All the very best to them! Although, to be fair, the above report sounds like the script to a 'Chloë' video...

"The invitations were by Sugar Press, and I was seated next to my good friends Deborah Kara-Unger, Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis, and Mo'nique. We ate food by Kona Nigari, Beluga Caviar, and Skittles."

Posted by: Hobbesdawn | May 4, 2014 1:40:25 PM

22. this sham "celebrity" marriage will last just a bit longer than others

Posted by: Perry | May 4, 2014 1:46:51 PM

23. Howard: The hetero cage of coupledom. Enjoy until boredom and cheating rears its' head. Marriage is a life changing adventure--you'll learn more from the break up. Good luck.. Cynical enough?

Posted by: Arrow | May 4, 2014 1:47:27 PM

24. I want to like him. I wish him well. As he publicly parades his latest flame, his self-promotion parallels the Kardashians - first the grieving widower, amour to shoe designer Brian Atwood, then to architectural designer Carlos Huber, and now with Jeremiah Brent. He's becoming more known for cover spreads and his boyfriends than bedspreads and his interior design.

Posted by: Mitch | May 4, 2014 2:55:26 PM

25. I wouldn't want to wake up next to him every morning.

Posted by: JG | May 4, 2014 3:08:41 PM