Comments

1. Cam says

Oh My GOD!!! Do some straight guys become hairdressers?!?!?! WOW, we gays should finally feel good about ourselves knowing this!

Does anybody gay actually work at Logo other than RuPaul?

2. voice says

Why is this on Logo…gays could care less…maybe it should be on A&E after Duck Dynasty…seems ti me that crowd needs the education that guys can do whatever they want without judgement.

3. Yup says

Exact what is a “gay gym?” And since when is surfing and bar tending a “gay profession?” I guess a those saloons in the frontier West were gay bars?

4. David says

@Yup, while I agree with most of the above, when I first came to NYC I went to an honest-to-god gay gym. All the clientele were gay and the gym advertised itself as catering to gay men. And that steam room and sauna…seriously. People go “all gyms are/can be gay and all of them have action in the sauna” but sorry, nothing compared or has compared to that.

5. Tom says

Dumb! Here’s an idea for LOGO: emphasize the non-sterotypes of our gay men playing in our flag football league than celebrating s straight man’s securities within the gay community. I am not sure what the point of this show is about..(in 2014)

6. Donks says

The comments on here are really judgmental and snobby. What is it about gay men here that they are so afraid of anything stereotypically associated with gays. The point of the show is to break stereotypes but somehow it had the opposite effect here. Heaven forbid we acknowledge that they’re actually gay hairdressers.

Somehow along the way to equality, large sections of the gay community morphed into this judgmental swamp that seem to have little tolerance for the identifiably gay. Every depiction is met with derision and I really don’t understand why.

7. Cory says

@Donks, Hardly anyone’s judging gay hair dressers here. Most of us are judging Logo/other gay media for continuing to ignore queer programing to promote another “Straight guys step into the world of Gay culture…” project

It’s beyond pathetic at this point.

8. unruly says

More useless stereotype reinforcement. How about LOGO covering all the gays in science? By the way LOGO treats anyone outside of the liberal arts, entertainment, or fashion industry, you’d think all those who are working in STEM fields are outliers.

9. tinkerbelle says

Who are they kidding?

Best line ever: “I wanna understand these guys so I can serve them better”… Obviously straight, if he doesn’t know the answer to that one.

10. Steven says

I’ve known many straight guys who are completely comfortable with their sexuality and have zero problem hanging around gay guys. The sad part is in reading all the bitter and sarcastic comments on this thread. Are you so unhappy with your life that you feel it necessary to pick apart a documentary that shows support for the gay community? Would you rather straight guys be homophobic?

11. jay jay walker says

they got it backwards they need to do a show about gay men who do str8 professions like mechanics and cops, construction workers, armed service… oh wait the village people already did that! but that would still be more interesting breaking gay stereotypes! instead of reinforcing them!

12. says

Men are men. We like sports, we like hanging out with our friends and we like to look good. And not all gay men know how to pick out good clothes whereas there are straight men who do. I’m not seeing much of a difference these days.