Channing Tatum | Gay Slurs | Jonah Hill | News

Channing Tatum: Jonah Hill is Not a Homophobe - VIDEO

Tatum_hill

Jonah Hill continued his gay slur apology tour on Extra, and this time Channing Tatum, his 21 Jump Street co-star, was there to have his back.

Said Tatum: "I'll jump in and just say that I think most of the time when people have to go on and sort of apologize for something it might not come off all that well because it's not actually like what they mean. I can honestly say that is not who he is. It came off well and he did it well because he really means it, that wasn’t who he was that day."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Comments

1. Don't overdo the apology.

That slur WAS exactly who Jonah was that day. He apologized, in a believable way.

Now leave it alone, before you screw it up.

Posted by: Randy | Jun 7, 2014 5:42:20 PM

2. Sometimes people get angry and the say bad mean things that hurt other people's feelings. Jonah Hill, and Alec Baldwin for that matter, are #5,452, and 5,453 on my list of problems facing the gay community.

Posted by: Harris | Jun 7, 2014 5:55:41 PM

3. Jonah, we believe you. Enough already.

Posted by: Merv | Jun 7, 2014 6:00:31 PM

4. Agree with Jonah, but Channing should just shut up already. Enough "jumping in".

Posted by: Will G. | Jun 7, 2014 6:09:09 PM

5. Oh put a sock in it already.

Posted by: BobN | Jun 7, 2014 6:11:47 PM

6. What he is- is privileged

Posted by: Factoid | Jun 7, 2014 6:31:55 PM

7. OMG we know we're over it.

Posted by: NE1 | Jun 7, 2014 6:35:58 PM

8. Homophobia is so deeply ingrained in our society that everyone is homophobic in varying degrees. When people like Jonah Hill and Alex Baldwin & Company become angry and make anti-gay slurs, it's the overall Collective Homophobia coming out of them. There is still so much more work to be done.

Posted by: David From Canada | Jun 7, 2014 6:38:04 PM

9. You are a great guy. We get it!
    (Sheesh. This might be the first time that someone becomes known for apologizing over and over for something very few people saw.)

Posted by: Mike | Jun 7, 2014 6:38:34 PM

10. Channing should gag him with his big floppy.

Posted by: Sam | Jun 7, 2014 6:43:02 PM

11. No need to apologize ... sad it has come to this

Posted by: rjp3 | Jun 7, 2014 6:45:27 PM

12. Good lord, could DAVID FROM CANADA get any more sanctimonious & preachy & goody-goody? Yes, thank you for explaining there's "still so much work to be done". your cant is much appreciated.

Posted by: will | Jun 7, 2014 6:47:10 PM

13. Please stop!

Posted by: greenfuzz | Jun 7, 2014 7:10:18 PM

14. Look at Jonah - he probably did not have a very good time in junior high, and heard that line addressed at him by other boys.

When the paparazzo tormented him all the way down the street, he snapped and regressed to the adolescent retort.

I am glad he helped show millions how awful those words are --but he had better not do it again!

Posted by: Bob K | Jun 7, 2014 7:26:20 PM

15. This is what I wrote on his twitter feed:

Please use the moment to tell young men homophobia sucks, they need it.

media outrage is not outrage

Gay here, we're cool

Posted by: raul415 | Jun 7, 2014 7:31:34 PM

16. Instead, why don't you all tell the media that you have accepted his apology and to stop asking him about the outburst? I'm sure he himself is not bringing it up.

Posted by: JNJ | Jun 7, 2014 7:35:35 PM

17. I get so tired of the language police.

Posted by: Arkansassy | Jun 7, 2014 7:37:56 PM

18. @JNJ you're exactly right! They are the ones flogging this to death by asking about it over and over. The scoop is gone, folks. Leave it be.

Posted by: Princely | Jun 7, 2014 7:44:24 PM

19. Jonah's apology on the Tonight Show was one of the best I'd seen in my life. I believed it was sincere, and forgave him. It was his 'first strike' after all. That apology was already a reiteration from an earlier one, and I think it's enough now.

If he continues to apologize, it will give the impression to gays that Jonah wasn't listening to us accept it. It will give straights the impression we didn't accept his apology, and having more people like Channing weight in starts to suggest that now Jonah is the victim of unforgiving gay communities.

Jonah f***ed up and gave more than one sincere apology; it's time for all of us to move on.

If Jonah and Channing decide to do anything more, I think it should be a homoerotic video they do together; a simulation vaguely similar to what Seth Rogen and James Franco did. Jonah and Channing could do it if they feel like they need to demonstrate just how comfortable Jonah is with gays. The premise could be Channing punishing Jonah in a fetishy kind of way:
    Now who's been a bad little Pig Boy?!
    That would be fun! It could add a little levity and 'close the circle' on this so to speak.

Posted by: Mutable | Jun 7, 2014 7:50:18 PM

20. I will not accept Jonah Hill's apology until such time until Channing Tatum comes over to my house and spends the night apologizing to me!

Posted by: BRAINS | Jun 7, 2014 8:27:25 PM

21. Euhh...I was excited...remove one "until"!

Posted by: BRAINS | Jun 7, 2014 8:28:25 PM

22. One of the first things they teach you in public relations on how to recover from a crisis is to apologize once. Just once.

It's to the point where I'm wondering if Hill did this on purpose, or if the whole thing was a setup, to drum up publicity for his new film opening next week. It's all just a little too convenient, and out of the blue, especially when added to the Jonah Hill apology tour. I lived in Hollywood for decades, and this wouldn't be the strangest thing stars/studios have done for publicity, not by a long shot.

Posted by: Mike | Jun 7, 2014 8:41:46 PM

23. Oh for God's sake, shut up about it Jonah (and the whale) and Carol Channing! We could ruin Jonah's career but we the Gay Mafia have decided not too since you sounded sort of sincere. Okay!? If you keep apologizing we will ruin your career. Just watch that mouth!

Posted by: BrokebackBob | Jun 7, 2014 9:08:33 PM

24. Whenever someone has a new movie--especially a crappy movie--they come out with some scandalous news story to get their name in the press for free advertising. Perhaps his publicist was hoping for a Chic-fil-a or Duck Dynasty controversy to drive the morons to see this new film of his.

It's great that he apologized, but it still bothers me that this was prolly staged from the get go.

Posted by: Scudder | Jun 7, 2014 9:24:17 PM

25. Ok, so, Channing Tatum, CEO of GaySpoilatiton, Inc., has stepped in. Gag me, gross. No one ask your opinion, Tatum, hush now and just be pretty again? Haha. Just my initial reaction here.

Posted by: Just_a_guy | Jun 7, 2014 10:41:37 PM