News: Emojis, Tom Ford, Spain, Toni Atkins, Ocean Preserve

RoadRNC unveils 'HRC squirrel' mascot to go after Hillary Clinton.

RoadABC News fires trans employee Dawn Ennis after "complicated saga".

EmojisRoadThe world is about to get 250 new emojis.

RoadBlind item: "This former NBC A lister from a hit show that is no longer on the air was considered a ladies man on the show. This month he is finally planning on coming out. Good for him."

RoadObama plans world's largest ocean preserve: "Using presidential authority that does not require action from Congress, the president proposed to expand the Pacific Remote Islands Marine National Monument, which George Bush designated to protect unique species and rare geological formations. The waters are all considered US territory because they surround an array of remote, mostly uninhabited islands that the US controls between Hawaii and American Samoa."

RoadGay village planned for The Netherlands.

RoadSydney's long-running gay bar Midnight Shift will stay open, and stay gay: "Midnight Shift had been listed as up for offers since April, but its board of directors has 'rejected all current offers for sale' and have decided instead to continue and expand the current operation, including reopening the bar level on Wednesdays, and hiring new staff."

RoadNeil Patrick Harris, David Burtka, and Zachary Quinto hit the red carpet at TrevorLIVE.

RoadPrince Harry puts on his top hat.

PreventinghomosexualityRoadSpanish department store faces calls for boycott for carrying book by NARTH co-founder Joseph Nicolosi: "Despite more than year of protests by LGBT groups in Spain, El Corte Inglés has continued to carry the titles I Want to Stop Being Gay, How to Prevent Homosexuality and Gender Confusion in Childhood. After several failed attempts to talk to the retailer, the political party Izquierda Unida (United Left) is calling on Spaniards to boycott the chain's stores, said Mariano Vilar, who coordinates LGBT issues for the party in Parla, a town in Madrid's metropolitan area."

Road200 evacuated from Trans Pride L.A. event after bomb threat. "This was the second of two bomb threats made against the festival that day, organizers said in a statement."

RoadGay St Louis club WeHo shuts down after two months: "The Grove neighborhood is brimming with gay and gay-friendly establishments including Siam (formerly Novak’s), Just John, Meyer’s Grove, Erney’s 32°, Rehab and Attitudes. So what happens when a gay nightclub attempts to open downtown, outside of the Grove? For the folks behind the new and already departed WeHo, what they learned is that no one is going to show up."

RoadJoe Manganiello and Ryan Kwanten clean up for True Blood premiere.

DonohueRoadBill Donohue would like to congratulate Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone. "Kudos to Archbishop Cordileone for standing on principle. Let’s also give a shout-out to his courageous spokeswoman, Christine A. Mugridge, for exclaiming, 'We don’t hate-monger, we don’t pander to bigots.' We are not accustomed to such straight talk coming from those in her position."

RoadTom Ford introduces 'magic' skinny jeans for men: “They’re really to give you a straight slim leg, but for different body types,” he explained. “If you’ve got a slightly bigger butt, or bigger thighs, there’s a cut that will make you look the same way as the guy who’s super skinny.”

TRoadhis looks safe.

LRoadesbian California Assembly Speaker Toni Atkins speaks out about sexuality: "The San Diego Democrat, a native of Appalachia, told attendees at the She Shares women's leadership conference in the state capital that the 'most profound' way of advancing equality is coming out and taking small actions that validate being gay. As an example, she noted the kiss with her spouse, Jennifer LeSar, when she was sworn in as speaker of the 80-member chamber last month. A photo of the kiss ran online and in newspapers across the country, including in the newspaper of her childhood hometown, The Roanoke Times."

Comments

1. Sorry, Tom. My big ass is what's bringing all the boys to the yard, and it's better than yours.

Posted by: Jerry | Jun 18, 2014 4:30:46 PM

2. Clearly, the blind item about the former A-lister from an NBC show is David Schwimmer.

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 18, 2014 4:39:25 PM

3. If the ABC employee when from Don to Dawn to Don, why keep calling him "she"?

Posted by: Mike | Jun 18, 2014 5:26:12 PM

4. Oh I see it was Don Dawn Don Dawn2 before they'd had enough.

Posted by: Mike | Jun 18, 2014 5:28:26 PM

5. Yeah Mr Ford, I would never want to hide my butt, and if I had great thighs I wouldn't want to hide them either. If you're not twenty, why try to recreate a post-adolescent body? Looks like you might have a little problem with … ageing?
    Also these jeans look like you could find them anywhere. Cheaper too, I can only imagine. Give me relaxed-cut any day.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Jun 18, 2014 5:29:36 PM

6. Oops, missed that. David Schwimmer is coming out?

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Jun 18, 2014 5:30:55 PM

7. I would bet on "Joey" being the one coming out. It said ladies man

Posted by: RONTEX | Jun 18, 2014 5:50:11 PM

8. U+1F595 is going to get a lot of use.

Posted by: Randy | Jun 18, 2014 5:59:01 PM

9. Ill go with ER's George Clooney.

Posted by: Lazycrockett | Jun 18, 2014 6:32:58 PM

10. abc employee transitions to female and abc supports, then same employee transitions back to male and declares not transgender and abc sticks with him/ her, then he/ she transitions again to female = ABC fully right to fire such a mentally unstable person

Posted by: Moz's | Jun 18, 2014 6:41:09 PM

11. The article on the failed St Louis club has photos of a giant mural of a woman with her butt cheeks hanging out of her dress. I think I know why the club failed.

Posted by: Hansel Currywurst | Jun 18, 2014 6:50:12 PM

12. Sure, adult 18+ guys should all look like hiv+hepc+ druggies, concentration camp victims or 12 year old boys. I'll admit it, I was a text book twink well into my 20s. But I was obsessed since my early teens with looking more manly, not so thin, etc. My boyish face I simply grew facial hair, it helped a little, but I generally looked like a kid with fuzz trying to grow a goatee. Age took care of that problem. And I eventually was able to pack on some muscle. It was difficult and a long road. I can still eat and drink snything and not gain an ounce. People always think the grass is greener on the other side.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 18, 2014 7:35:45 PM

13. It's has to be one of the guys from friends that are gay, I just wonder which one

Posted by: Jacob | Jun 18, 2014 8:02:54 PM

14. So the tranny story seems to be as follows: ABC producer comes out as trans. Gets big support from co-workers and bosses. Then claims to have suffered amnesia. Then sends around an email letting everyone know that she is not trans after all. Then later decides to be trans again.

ABC lets him/her go due to performance issues. So of course, being a tranny, he/she tries to take advantage of "gender identity" laws and insinuates that ABC - the same company that supported her when she first came out - is discriminating. A veiled threat of a lawsuit in order to "negotiate" a severance package.

ABC is now learning the lesson that LGBs learned a long time ago: when you support a transgender, you get exploitation and threats in return.

Posted by: Tyler | Jun 18, 2014 8:12:36 PM

15. I don't believe in censorship. I suppose that includes the awful sounding Nicolosi book.

Posted by: throwslikeagirl | Jun 18, 2014 9:34:15 PM

16. I think the blind item might actually refer to Michael T. Weiss. He was the Pretender after all. Although the character was not necessarily a "ladies man" per se, that generated the actor a HUGE following among women. However, Mr. Weiss did portray a notorious ladies man on another NBC show, "Days of our Lives." He was Dr. Mike Horton who didn't lack for female companionship.

Posted by: Hopeful Thought | Jun 18, 2014 10:55:36 PM

17. Trans Pride LA - why are the trannies holding Tranny Pride - seeing as they are so very insistent on hitchhiking on the money and efforts of LGB people.

It's a good thing though - perhaps they are finally getting the message that LGBT is over. Tranny issues are separate from LGB issues and Trannies are not part of the LGB community unless they are LGB.

Posted by: MaryM | Jun 19, 2014 4:25:15 AM

18. Matthew Perry.

Posted by: Sean Maloney | Jun 19, 2014 4:35:56 AM

19. "Age took care of that problem. And I eventually was able to pack on some muscle. It was difficult and a long road."

That's something you actively cared about? You sound damaged.

Posted by: Sergio | Jun 19, 2014 8:25:11 AM

20. I don't believe in false advertising when it comes to clothes. That being said, there's no way a pair of jeans could tame these thighs.

Posted by: Robert | Jun 19, 2014 2:12:40 PM

21. Yes Sergio, I grew up in tough neighborhoods. I felt people judged me incorrectly based on my 'pretty' looks. It caused me unnecessary problems, and I tried to rectify the situation as best as I could.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 21, 2014 10:56:06 AM

22. Obviously the blind item coming out never happened!

Posted by: poof | Jul 3, 2014 7:27:42 PM