Michael Sam Sits Down with Robin Roberts as He Prepares to Head to Training Camp: VIDEO

M1_sam

Michael Sam sat down with Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts this morning as he prepares to head to training camp. Sam spoke with Roberts about being drafted, his emotional speech at the ESPYs, and how he has been preparing for training season.

Sam told Roberts that he has lost 12 pounds: “I’m doing my job. Don’t you worry!”

He also spoke briefly about

“I was kind of second-guessing myself, ‘Maybe football turned it’s back on me.’ I was like, ‘Maybe I shouldn’t have done what I did.’ You know? I had so many emotions going in my head. And then I felt a touch over my shoulder and it was Vito, and I was just, I was like, ‘I don’t care what happens. I know I did the right thing in my heart. And whatever happens, happens. I’m just going to move forward.'”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP….

ABC News | ABC Sports News

Comments

1. Rick says

A lavendar suit? Seriously? Why not pink?

First the crying bout at the ESPY awards and now this….

Why is it that when masculine gay men come out, they seem to STOP being themselves and instead start behaving in the most stereotypical manner?

2. Tom says

Recently read his interview in Out magazine. He is so brave, and I am so proud of him. I look forward to his career in pro football.

3. Tom says

4. simon says

Rick:
    You are so sensitive to color, like a woman. And fuzzy like one too. A masculine man doesn’t give it a second thought when picking a suit from his closet.

5. Tyler says

Crispy, are you suggesting Rick is effeminate!? The horror!!! He must be ever so pissed at you.

6. oncemorewithfeeling says

I came here to see a comments thread about anything other than Michael Sam, his words and his life and I was not disappointed.

Tide comes in, tide goes out. Trollroad is Trollroad.

7. Henry Holland says

Great, another Towleroad comments section ruined by all the people who respond to Rick. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

8. Derrick from Philly says

@ HENRY HOLLAND,

okay, I get your point. And I am a guilty party in the mob to kill the Towleroad Frankenstein monster (RICK). I even have my pitch fork ready today.

But Henry, sometimes you just want to respond to…to ridicule his foolish beliefs.

I do admire those Towleroad regulars who simply ignore him, but I don’t have that ability or patience. I just wanna’ read the b1tch.

Maybe that says somethin’ about me, huh?

9. says

good for him!

as for the trolls: always remember, behind every “effeminacy-hating” gay man is a family that hated having him for a son.

10. says

The guy just inspires me as he should all of us, straight or gay. Amazing now to watch, on television, two very famous black openly gay people talk without reservation or fear for being who they are. Wonderful. I am very proud of the guy (and his Vito).

11. says

BTW guys, haters are going to hate. That’s what the simple-minded do. They have no real life or happiness and despise those who do. You are never going to stop them but you can dismiss them for what they are. That’s the best revenge.

12. Malcolm says

Alright, good for you, Michael. Now, get to work in summer camp so that you would be a kick ass NFL player. Your focus from now on should be on football. No more interviews about your sexual orientation, dude. It’s about football.

13. Kim says

Where is the post about Tony” Lets give Michael Vick a chance” Dungy’s statement about Michael Sam

14. simon says

Malcolm:
    You are so naive. Football is a spectator sport. If movie is just about art, movie stars shouldn’t go on TV to talk about their upcoming movies and other stuff. It is called advertisement. NFL may even encourage it. It generates interests and therefore revenues.

15. Honesty says

GOOD FOR HIM! And it’s sad there are people attacking him from his own community. grow the hell up people, he gets enough of that from the right-wing

16. Lann says

If I had been asked to speak about such an intensely private issue in front of not only a full auditorium but a TV audience I would have been not only crying but puking as well. And I bet most of you would have as well