Australia | Matthew Mitcham | News | Sports | Tom Daley | United Kingdom

Tom Daley Wins Gold in Best Solo Dive at Commonwealth Games: VIDEO

Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 7.25.17 PM

Tom Daley took home the gold medal in the men's 10-meter platform diving competition at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland on Friday.

Tweeted Daley:

Daley released a video of his preparation for the competition and reaction to medal win, which you can watch AFTER THE JUMP...

Daley's boyfriend, screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, also sent out a congratulatory message following the results:

MitchamOpenly gay Australian diver Matthew Mitcham also won gold at the Games in the 10-meter synchronized diving event, Outsports reports:

For Mitcham, winning the gold medal was an accomplishment since he had won six silvers in the event in the past few years. The Aussies beat the Brits by .18, an extremely close finish. Since there were only four teams competing in the final, no bronze medal was awarded.

You can head over to the Outsports article HERE to check out more photos from the competition.

Congrats guys!

Comments

1. Congrats! (Doesn't he look thin, tho?)

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Aug 3, 2014 8:36:13 PM

2. Hmm - Tom and Matthew are a couple I'd love to see ;)

Posted by: Lukas | Aug 3, 2014 9:02:56 PM

3. @Lukas, certainly more age-appropriate...

Posted by: Nora Charles | Aug 3, 2014 9:14:52 PM

4. Look at dat hot pit!

Posted by: Astro Boy | Aug 3, 2014 9:41:47 PM

5. Great work. Congratulations. Everything in Tom's life seems to be going so well.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Aug 3, 2014 9:55:54 PM

6. Straight-worshipping trans queens are terrified to see out gay athlete being successful.

Posted by: ceem | Aug 3, 2014 10:11:04 PM

7. I don't know what you white people see in this dude,or even zac efron , to me, these men are not hot at all. My kind of white guy would be david gandy or andrew garfield.

Posted by: bruno | Aug 3, 2014 11:59:22 PM

8. @Lukas - The Day 9 highlights clip of the 10m synchronized has a scene of Daley and Mitcham hugging after Mitcham and his partner, Grant Nel, won the gold. Cute. It's at about the 4:50 mark in this video:

Posted by: Clive | Aug 4, 2014 12:30:19 AM

9. Wait...is my name not Dennis today? Rick, keep our aliases straight!!!! At least let me be Enchantra. I didn't get dolled up for nothing!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Ceem | Aug 4, 2014 12:42:16 AM

10. 'Openly gay'? Really? On Towleroad from Andy Towle? 'Openly gay'?

Posted by: Openly Gay? | Aug 4, 2014 12:42:53 AM

11. That v line tho...

Posted by: bernard | Aug 4, 2014 3:54:30 AM

12. @ Nora Charles: who appointed you the judge of what is "age appropriate"? Take your white male middle class values to FoxNews.com where they are appreciated.

Posted by: Jason MacBride | Aug 4, 2014 5:31:08 AM

13. @ceem. Bitter much,I can tell, you like your men to look like underage boys (paedophile alert), I'm not judging you tho.

Posted by: bruno | Aug 4, 2014 6:24:13 AM

14. @BRUNO
    This article is not about who is your favorite type of celeb crush. Tom successfully defended his Commonwealth Games title. He deserve our congratulations.

Posted by: Lefil | Aug 4, 2014 7:13:45 AM

15. @ceem, I can tell you're an obese white loser who wears new balance trainers and khaki shorts and lives on the internet trolling on towleroad ,I don't blame you,you like little boys and I feel so sorry for you. This is the last time I would reply you.

Posted by: bruno | Aug 4, 2014 7:17:43 AM

16. You've made three interesting assumptions about me, and not all of them are correct. I'm not going to tell you what you got wrong, because then you'd just try and put me in another box.

Either way, I'm comfortable with my assessment that a 39 year old man should keep his mitts off a 19 year old, of either sex. 39 year old women probably should, too, for what its worth. Its dangerously close to predation.

Posted by: Nora Charles | Aug 4, 2014 8:18:25 AM

17. What do homophobes, racists and Zionists have in common? Their hatred of pederasts.

Posted by: Bill Perdue | Aug 4, 2014 9:20:58 AM

18. Tom's video is so cute, he's adorable and wonderful he got success.

Posted by: Matt27 | Aug 4, 2014 9:21:34 AM

19. @ nora charles: I've made no assumptions about you. I take you at your word that you feel like you should be able to decide who can be involved with who. Best I recall that's what miscegenation and sodomy laws were about. Fine company you keep.

Posted by: Jason MacBride | Aug 4, 2014 9:35:46 AM

20. You've made assumptions about my race, my sex, and my financial standing.

That's quite the red herring -- miscegenation laws? Who said anything about laws? I said I think grown-ass adults should keep their paws off of people who are barely out -- or possibly still in, I guess it depends on your definition -- adolescence. Its predatory.

Posted by: Nora Charles | Aug 4, 2014 9:55:34 AM

21. Wait, if I rant about trannies doesn't that make it more obvious that I'm Rick? I really need to get my act together because my trolling is becoming increasingly obvious.

Posted by: Ceem | Aug 4, 2014 10:03:52 AM

22. Nora Charles: But it happens that Matthew like older men too. His boyfriend at Pekin (i don't know if they are still dating) was at least 10 years older than him.

Frankly, i don't know why people make such a deal about this.

Posted by: jjose712 | Aug 4, 2014 10:09:24 AM

23. Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall: 25 year age difference. Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart: 22 year age difference. If a 20 year age difference works for some people, who are we to question it?

Although, the fact that Hugh Hefner is 60 years older than his girlfriend seems really creepy.

Posted by: Gr8guyca | Aug 4, 2014 10:22:23 AM

24. Men such as Tom Daley, Neil Patrick Harris, Matt Bomer, Lance Bass and Zachary Quinto help advance the cause of gay rights just by their existence. One of the main reasons for why so many in the straight community are coming around to supporting gay rights and gay marriage is that there are so many appealing celebrities out there now whom they like and with whom they can identify.

Posted by: RonCharles | Aug 4, 2014 11:57:52 AM

25. Congratulations, Tom, Well Done!

Posted by: RonCharles | Aug 4, 2014 11:58:12 AM