Tom Daley Wins Gold in Best Solo Dive at Commonwealth Games: VIDEO

Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 7.25.17 PM

Tom Daley took home the gold medal in the men's 10-meter platform diving competition at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland on Friday.

Tweeted Daley:

Daley released a video of his preparation for the competition and reaction to medal win, which you can watch AFTER THE JUMP

Daley's boyfriend, screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, also sent out a congratulatory message following the results:

MitchamOpenly gay Australian diver Matthew Mitcham also won gold at the Games in the 10-meter synchronized diving event, Outsports reports:

For Mitcham, winning the gold medal was an accomplishment since he had won six silvers in the event in the past few years. The Aussies beat the Brits by .18, an extremely close finish. Since there were only four teams competing in the final, no bronze medal was awarded.

You can head over to the Outsports article HERE to check out more photos from the competition.

Congrats guys!

Comments

1. JackFknTwist says

Great work. Congratulations. Everything in Tom’s life seems to be going so well.

2. bruno says

I don’t know what you white people see in this dude,or even zac efron , to me, these men are not hot at all. My kind of white guy would be david gandy or andrew garfield.

3. Clive says

@Lukas – The Day 9 highlights clip of the 10m synchronized has a scene of Daley and Mitcham hugging after Mitcham and his partner, Grant Nel, won the gold. Cute. It’s at about the 4:50 mark in this video:

4. Ceem says

Wait…is my name not Dennis today? Rick, keep our aliases straight!!!! At least let me be Enchantra. I didn’t get dolled up for nothing!!!!!!!!

5. Jason MacBride says

@ Nora Charles: who appointed you the judge of what is “age appropriate”? Take your white male middle class values to FoxNews.com where they are appreciated.

6. bruno says

@ceem. Bitter much,I can tell, you like your men to look like underage boys (paedophile alert), I’m not judging you tho.

7. Lefil says

@BRUNO
    This article is not about who is your favorite type of celeb crush. Tom successfully defended his Commonwealth Games title. He deserve our congratulations.

8. bruno says

@ceem, I can tell you’re an obese white loser who wears new balance trainers and khaki shorts and lives on the internet trolling on towleroad ,I don’t blame you,you like little boys and I feel so sorry for you. This is the last time I would reply you.

9. Nora Charles says

You’ve made three interesting assumptions about me, and not all of them are correct. I’m not going to tell you what you got wrong, because then you’d just try and put me in another box.

Either way, I’m comfortable with my assessment that a 39 year old man should keep his mitts off a 19 year old, of either sex. 39 year old women probably should, too, for what its worth. Its dangerously close to predation.

10. Bill Perdue says

What do homophobes, racists and Zionists have in common? Their hatred of pederasts.

11. Jason MacBride says

@ nora charles: I’ve made no assumptions about you. I take you at your word that you feel like you should be able to decide who can be involved with who. Best I recall that’s what miscegenation and sodomy laws were about. Fine company you keep.

12. Nora Charles says

You’ve made assumptions about my race, my sex, and my financial standing.

That’s quite the red herring — miscegenation laws? Who said anything about laws? I said I think grown-ass adults should keep their paws off of people who are barely out — or possibly still in, I guess it depends on your definition — adolescence. Its predatory.

13. Ceem says

Wait, if I rant about trannies doesn’t that make it more obvious that I’m Rick? I really need to get my act together because my trolling is becoming increasingly obvious.

14. jjose712 says

Nora Charles: But it happens that Matthew like older men too. His boyfriend at Pekin (i don’t know if they are still dating) was at least 10 years older than him.

Frankly, i don’t know why people make such a deal about this.

15. Gr8guyca says

Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall: 25 year age difference. Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart: 22 year age difference. If a 20 year age difference works for some people, who are we to question it?

Although, the fact that Hugh Hefner is 60 years older than his girlfriend seems really creepy.

16. RonCharles says

Men such as Tom Daley, Neil Patrick Harris, Matt Bomer, Lance Bass and Zachary Quinto help advance the cause of gay rights just by their existence. One of the main reasons for why so many in the straight community are coming around to supporting gay rights and gay marriage is that there are so many appealing celebrities out there now whom they like and with whom they can identify.

17. Jason MacBride says

@nora charles – You can’t comprehend the written word but you can tell others who they should have sex with. As much as we all appreciate the benefit of your moral superiority, maybe you should work more on your own self-evident shortcomings and let other people alone to do things that is is perfectly legal for them to do and that are none of your business besides.

18. SpaceCadet says

Bruno, my friend is in love with Tom Daley and this friend is Black. Daley is not just a white thing. Best not to stereotype.