- Kitsune signees Citizens! deliver another dose of sunshine with ‘Lighten Up,’ which receives a dreamy remix treatment by Sweden’s Tobtok.
- Self-appointed ‘Bass Drum Dealer‘ Anna Lunoe releases her first track since being signed to Ultra Records, ‘All Out,’ a summery track with catchy vocals and deep house vibes.
- Duke Dumont‘s ‘I Got U‘ is currently topping the UK charts making it the perfect time to build buzz around his follow up single, ‘Won’t Look Back,’ with features sampled diva vocals that are sure to make gay men happy on the dance floor.
- Treasure Fingers‘s new house track about “ghetto booty,” ‘Honey Dip,’ is likely to follow suit.
- Horse Meat Disco’s Severino Panzetta and BBC’s Nico De Ceglia just debuted their unbelievable remix of my favorite track from Basement Jaxx’s new album, Junto. They turn the poppy original into a hot and sweaty affair!
- Hot Since 82‘s remix of ‘Cameleon’ continues with those late night vibes by adding his signature dose of drama to the dance floor.
- Finally, we continue to “feel the heat” with a brand-new Hercules and Love Affair remix for FCL‘s infectious ‘It’s You,’ which I originally shared back in April of last year.
OCCUPY THE DISCO (OXD) curates and recommends music events to the gay community in NYC—in an effort to move the focus of the nightlife scene beyond the promoter and venue and to the music itself. OXD’s goal is to educate, entertain, engage and empower the gay audience to reclaim their ability to question and experience the unknown. The OXD Mirror will serve to showcase tunes that are definitely off-the-beaten-path but rightfully deserve the attention of the gay ear.
Be sure to check out these tracks and more on our Spotify Playlist. For more information on OXD, check out our website and accompanying blog at www.occupythedisco.com, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter: @OccupyTheDisco.