It's perhaps unsurprising that evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins gets a lot of hate mail from religious folks, considering he's widely seen as the public face of anti-theism. His 2006 bestseller The God Delusion in which he asserted that belief in a personal deity qualifies as a delusion hasn't help his standing with the religious community much either.
In this highly entertaining video for the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason & Science, Dawkins reads off a memorable collection of "charitable correspondence" with some of his more delusional religious followers, many of whom resort to bizarre anti-gay insults in an attempt to discredit Dawkins or encourage him to return to the path of the righteous.
Included in the fan mail:
- "I hope you do get sodomized by satanic monkeys in Hell. Sincerely, a created daughter of our Lord."
- "Haha bitch, no you are not an atheist you are a GAYthiest. lollol. They should call you Richard DICKins cause you're so busy sucking off Bill Maher and those Labour Party dipsh–ts who can't do anything else."
- "Hell is awaiting you, you little Masonic c–t"
- "Your feigned intelligence is nothing more than the fart of God"
- "Richard Dawkins, your father's sperm was wasted on you, you ugly person. Say hi to your mother."
Be sure to also catch Dawkins' hilarious take the slang term "beeyotch."
Watch, AFTER THE JUMP…(warning: NSFW language)