Art and Design | Courtney Love | David Beckham | Election 2008 | Fashion Men | Film | Football | George Michael | Great Britain | Heath Ledger | Heatherette | Hillary Clinton | I'm Gay | Iraq | Jamaica | News | Religion | Rugby | Sports | Tim Gunn

BigGayDeal.com

News: The Joker, Liz Taylor, Presbyterians, David LaChapelle

road.jpg CIA: Iraq a "big moneymaker" for al Qaeda.

Salad_tossersroad.jpg Tim Gunn and Heatherette toss a few salads at the Wish-Bone fashion show.

road.jpg L.A. Galaxy owner: Beckham investment will be more than recouped by the time he arrives in July. Tim Leiweke: "David Beckham will do more for US soccer than any other activity in the young history of North America's top league. With David coming to play for our team soccer has made a quantum leap in terms of public awareness. His signing created such a huge interest that we should be able to make good on our investment before he even arrives in California in July."

road.jpg Courtney Love and David LaChappelle hit Mr. Chow. Love jokes: "This is David LaChapelle ... and he is not a homosexual."

Jamaicanroad.jpg Gay man details persecution in Jamaica, failed attempt to seek asylum in the UK: "People [always] tell me that I walk like a girl. What happened is that a group of men drew me into St Michael's Church, and they used a stone and started knocking me in the head...Then, one of them told his friend to go for his gun to shoot me and throw me in a pit. I was begging for my life and telling them that I was not that (homosexual) and that I was coming from Bellevue. Then they buck up on (found) a letter that the doctor gave me from Bellevue, and they read through it and decided that I was a 'mad bwoy' and decided to let me go."

road.jpg Cannes Water Lilies director Céline Sciamma comes out of the closet: "Hey, I'm gay. I don't know if I should say this. I always...resent the people who are gay, who could say it, and they don't. So I'm not going to do that. I have to be logical.”

road.jpg Verdict: Liz Taylor can keep Van Gogh looted by the Nazis. "Dame Elizabeth, 75, bought the 1889 work, View Of The Asylum And Chapel At Saint-Remy, at Sotheby's in 1963 for £92,000. She keeps it in her Los Angeles home. The painting, completed by Van Gogh near the end of his life, is estimated to now be worth up to £8 million. The Orkin family sued Taylor for return of the painting in 2004. They are South African and Canadian descendants of Margarete Mauthner, a Jewish woman whose possessions were seized by the Nazis when she fled Germany in 1939. The Orkins claimed the work was among the items confiscated and that it should be returned to them under the U.S. Holocaust Victims Redress Act."

Jokerroad.jpg Meth addict or Heath Ledger?

road.jpg George Michael explains car troubles: "It involves prescribed drugs and it involves a dependency on them and the tendency to chase one drug with another because of side effects."

road.jpg Presbyterian court upholds anti-gay policies: "The court ruled 8-3 that the presbytery could not call the ordination standards 'an essential of Reformed polity,' but while candidates could disagree with them, they still must adhere to them. The court also voted 11-0 that presbytery could prevent clergy from conducting same-sex marriages as long as they were able to bless same-sex unions, which the church's high court has upheld."

road.jpg Choose Hillary Clinton's campaign song!

road.jpg Gay Welsh referee selected for Rugby World Cup: "It's such a big taboo to be gay in my line of work, I had to think very hard about it because I didn't want to jeopardise my career. Coming out was very difficult and I tried to live with who I really was for years. I knew I was 'different' from my late teens, but I was just living a lie."

Comments

1. The War on Poverty, the War on Drugs, and now the War on Terrorism, all big money makers for those involved, and all big failures for those meant to be helped. All a joke that is not very funny. Once more, the American people are ripped off by their government and lied to in the process. White men in suits are not to be trusted.

Posted by: Bill | May 21, 2007 11:15:42 AM

2. This anti gay rampaging that is going in Jamaica needs to stop, and gays around the world need to start speaking loudly about it. This is just outrageous that these men and women are treated like this. A boycott is what I think should be done, they are always advertising it as a such a wonderful place to holiday, and yet this is going on off the tourist track????? And, who beats somebody down inside a church????

Heath Ledger, one of the best actors of his age group, too bad he does not get as much coverage for his gigs as some of the others do.

Posted by: Luke | May 21, 2007 12:05:20 PM

3. Suits, muscle shirts... Is there a difference, Bill? All uniforms of entitlement to me. I'm having a hard time understanding this mix of substantive information and tabloid irrelevance. This new Batman series is out to reinvent the wheel in ways Tim Burton could easily surpass, yet it actually gets more respect than the Superman revival.

Posted by: 000000 | May 21, 2007 12:53:52 PM

4. Dragged him into a church and started knocking him on his head with a stone. No doubt right before the alter.

xtianistas are just as bad as the islamists (hang the gays) and zionistas (stab the gays).

why don't the 3 religous monotheist sky god wackodo cults just see their similarities (stone,hang, stab gays)and form one big giant wackadoo cult.

Religion ruins everything.

Boo hoo to my religous brothers here that might want to say "but you can't blame religion". Yes I can and YES I do!

The jews were not and are not chosen by some sky god, mohamed was not the prophet, and jesus if he even existed at all rotted on the cross especialy since roman imperial law forbade the taking down a corpse off of a cross. It was supposed to stay up and rot till the birds had pecked it clean, then the bones fell to the ground to be chewed upon by wild dogs.......as a sign "do not do what this person did". pontious pilate would have been dragged back to rome and crucified in the coliseum for circumventing the Emperor's justice if he had allowed peopel to take a body off a cross before it rotted away.

All of you are wackado and need to stop giving acceptability to the wing nuts of yoru faiths. ENABELERS

religion sucks
    religion is evil
    religion is wackado

At least my crazy is not religion based :-)

Posted by: pacificoceanboy | May 21, 2007 1:23:40 PM

5. sorry for the typos

If you all didn't try so hard to bend over bakwards to fit yourselves into these wackado fairytales written by dirty non bathing sheep herders then maybe they wouldn't be as acceptable to society and would be dragged off for lithium shots to treat their schizophrenic delusions.

Posted by: pacificoceanboy | May 21, 2007 1:28:09 PM

6. I have so much respect for Elizabeth Taylor because of her HIV/AIDS advocacy...but she should come up with a better solution for the painting than simply keeping it. If I were her, I'd like to think that I'd offer to return the painting to the family upon my death.

Posted by: peterparker | May 21, 2007 4:37:46 PM

7. "At least my crazy is not religion based :-)"

Oh, you're crazy is most definitely all you, POB.

Posted by: mark m | May 21, 2007 5:27:42 PM

8. mark M

:-)

I embrase my crazy, it keeps life interesting or so the voices in my head say.

Posted by: pacificoceanboy | May 21, 2007 5:37:12 PM

9. PacificOcean,
    I believe like you do.
    I hate religion.
    It is a scourge of the earth
    It should be outlawed (or taxed out of existence)

Though as much as I really don't believe in god, it kinda disappoints me that since I don't, I can't really believe in lucifer (who is FAR more interesting, and someone I'd be much more likely to follow, anyway).

It's just kinda sad and pathetic that so many people feel the need to look outside of themselves to fill a void in their lives.

Posted by: Jordan | May 22, 2007 12:31:14 AM