Bob Allen | Florida | John McCain | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Florida Rep. Bob Allen to Discuss Men's Room Activities

Republican Florida Representative Bob Allen says he'll hold a press conference later today to discuss his arrest and the charges he solicited oral sex from a male police officer in a public men's room for $20.

Bob_allen2So, expect a lot of the Straight Talk Express later today because it was also revealed today that Allen is co-chair of John McCain's campaign for President in Florida. Perhaps Allen should just blame it on the 'gay polo' he was wearing.

The revelations come just days after it was revealed that the "pro-family" chair of Rudy Giuliani's Southern campaign, David Vitter, was a client of the "D.C. Madam".

you may have missed...
GOP Florida State Rep. Allen Charged in Gay Oral Sex Solicitation [tr]
GOP 'Protector' of Marriage David Vitter Found on DC Madam's List [tr]

Comments

1. ROTFLAMO! RepubliCONS are such HYPOCRITES!

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Jul 12, 2007 3:51:54 PM

2. Does this guy realize that $20 will buy a 6-month membership in a Miami bathhouse? --- That might not keep him out of the papers, but it would keep him out of jail ... and he'd probably get access to a lot more than just one cock to suck.

Posted by: sebastian.v | Jul 12, 2007 3:59:13 PM

3. DAMN! Check out that mug shot. Imagine that face coming at you in a public toilet. But wait, is the charge he offered a cop $20 to suck cock or get sucked? Hmmmm...does that matter? I'm trying to imagine the scene. "Hey I'll give you 20 bucks if you let me give you head." or "Hey, if I give you 20 bucks would you blow me?" OR "Hey, for 20 bucks I'll suck your cock." How does that work? The whole thing is pretty damn funny, either way!

Posted by: JR | Jul 12, 2007 4:06:44 PM

4. What amazes me is the fact that he offered to pay for it. True, he's not my type either, but there are guys out there who'd go for him. An honest life would have saved him this trouble. Closet cases make their own hells. He could probably have found a willing partner who'd allow him to have all the cocksucking fun he wanted - and for free! - if he'd just gone to a gay bar or bathhouse instead of a public toilet.

His hell is of his own making. The schadenfraude with this guy is just delicious.

Posted by: Jonathon | Jul 12, 2007 4:19:13 PM

5. The party of "family values" and "traditional morality", indeed. Honestly, does anyone take Republican gay bashing seriously anymore?

Surely, even the rabid homophobes and bigots who make up the GOP's precious "base" (AKA, the 20-25% of delusional Americans who still think George W. Bush is doing a great job) must be dissapointed with this stuff. Mark Foley. Ken Mehlman. David Dreier. Ted Haggard. Edward L. Schrock. Rick Perry. Bob Allen. The list of sinners goes on and on and on.

Hmmmm...I guess we now know why the Republicans insist on keeping homosexuality in the closet. They want all the boys for themselves!

Posted by: John | Jul 12, 2007 4:25:47 PM

6. "Allen sponsored a failed bill that would have tightened the state's prohibition on public sex.."

LOL. need I say more...

Posted by: ReasonBased | Jul 12, 2007 4:29:45 PM

7. Smells like a trip to rehab!

Posted by: Jimmy | Jul 12, 2007 4:30:29 PM

8. what if some of us gay guys picketed outside of mccain's headquarters holding up 'gays for family values' signs, calling for bob allen's head on a platter (terrible pun, considering)? that would just turn the whole debate upside down in the news coverage.

Posted by: newsnut | Jul 12, 2007 4:32:46 PM

9. "...there are guys out there who'd go for him."

Yeah, but their seeing eye dogs might try to warn them.

Jonathon, you are a real gentleman, but even a little bit of superficiality is necessary for a human being to get along in this world. Only a hetero woman could love a face like that...I mean, she could tolerate a face like that.

Then, again, it is a mug shot--maybe he looks better when...oh, no. And what do I care, he's a frickin' right-wing, racist, facist, homophobic UGLY, tea room, dingdong suckin', Republican!

I never worked tea rooms. Public parks, yes. Tea rooms, never--it's so uncouth.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 12, 2007 4:34:11 PM

10. Wow, this is my hometown! Just wow. Doesn't surprise me one bit, Merritt Island is a breeding ground for wingnuts, closet cases, and other assorted nutjobs. This is, after all, the idyllic little hamlet that is home to the giant baptist church that made all those videos about Harry Potter being satan-worshipping witchcraft.

Next month I'm going back here after years away for a short trip; so the good news is at least now I know where the action is....

Posted by: MIguy | Jul 12, 2007 4:41:22 PM

11. I am a bit surprised by the comments asserting that if he had paid twenty bucks to enter a bath house he could have sucked mucho dick. On the contrary, hideous guys get very little action at bath houses. They do get to watch the action in the common areas, and once in a blue moon, they will stumble upon someone who is too drunk or drugged to notice what is attached to the mouth being applied to their dick. For the most part, they are relegated to having sex with someone on the same rung of the prettiness ladder, and this is not what they are after. Also, men who look like Bob Allen sometimes pay for sex even when inside a bath house. (I myself have turned down enough wet cash offered to me in bath houses to have purchased several year long memberships.) I think his best and most lucrative future will be to join the ranks of Lynn Redgrave, Fergie, Anna Nicole, Valerie Bertinelli...

Posted by: Father Tony | Jul 12, 2007 5:02:52 PM

12. Did you guys read the article? It's obviously a total misunderstanding:

"According to the report, Allen asked the officer, "This is kind of a public place isn't it?" The officer replied, "Do you have somewhere else we can go?" Allen then responded, 'How about across the bridge? It's quiet over there.'"

LOL

I blame the wife! If she'd just give in and suck the guys cock he wouldn't have to go "elsewhere".

Posted by: Mike | Jul 12, 2007 5:06:03 PM

13. I'm guessing that first picture published is the one he uses online.

Posted by: eric | Jul 12, 2007 5:07:54 PM

14. OK, OK, OK, I may have started the whole thing about how the guy looks in this shot. But I was merely pointing out how horrid he looks given that he was just busted and that's what he looked like at the time he asked for service or whatever. I'm sure he's seen better days and how many times have you seen someone that was "less that stellar" in the looks dept paired up with someone hot and asked yourself "how does that happen?". Looks are in the eye of the beholder. But seriously, even if this guy was better looking, what he stands for, who he riles against and what he got busted for makes him a big creep regardless of what he looks like. It's just fun to poke fun now that he's on display!

Posted by: JR | Jul 12, 2007 5:21:38 PM

15. Mike, His wife would have had to let him suck her dick for everything to be hunky-dory. She'll probably be a stupid republican doormat and forgive him, ha ha ha.

Posted by: Jersey | Jul 12, 2007 6:20:38 PM

16. Nice mug shot.

LOL

Posted by: ck | Jul 12, 2007 8:09:42 PM

17. if you go to his FLorida House page, it lists his favorite activities as "watersports"...

Posted by: tom stovall | Jul 12, 2007 9:32:29 PM