Bob Allen | Florida | News | Republican Party

GOP Florida State Rep. Allen Charged in Gay Oral Sex Solicitation

Bob_allen

Florida State Representative Bob Allen (R-Merritt Island) was arrested on Wednesday after offering to perform oral sex on a male police officer for $20.

Bob_allenLocal6 reports: "Investigators said Allen was acting suspicious and went in and out of the men's restroom at Veteran's Memorial Park, located on East Broad Street...Minutes later, authorities said, Allen solicited the male officer inside the restroom, offering to perform oral sex for $20. Allen was then arrested. Officers realized he was a public figure after the arrest, a news release said. Allen, who is from Merritt Island, was scheduled to be booked into the Brevard County Jail Wednesday night."

Allen is married and has a child.

The Miami Herald reports that Allen told a Central Florida television station the incident was ''a very big misunderstanding'' and a "gross mistake." Said Allen: ''I'm not in anyway associated with that they are saying, this is disgusting."

He also has some interesting recreational interests, according to his House profile.

UPDATE: Joe.My.god has a wealth of information on this guy, including the fact that he's "the author of failed Florida House Bill #1475, the 'Lewd and Lacivious Behavior Act' which would have made public masturbation in the presence of another adult illegal, whether the other adult consented or not."

(top image source)

Comments

1. Prurient and fabulous.

Posted by: Becks07 | Jul 11, 2007 9:14:44 PM

2. As Nelson Muntz would say HA HA!!!

Posted by: mike | Jul 11, 2007 9:32:16 PM

3. Something is not clear: was he offering the officer twenty dollars for the privilege of performing oral sex on same officer, or, was he asking the officer to give him twenty dollars in return for which he would perform oral sex on same officer, or, maybe he wanted the officer to perform oral sex on him, for which he would pay same officer twenty dollars. Florida print reporters are notoriously bad writers.

Posted by: Father Tony | Jul 11, 2007 9:36:55 PM

4. Father Tony: From the various accounts that can be found on a Google News search, it appears that Rep. Allen allegedly offered the officer $20 to allow Allen to perform a fellatory act on said officer.

Posted by: Joe | Jul 11, 2007 9:43:35 PM

5. he was probably sucking off jeb bush for years....

Posted by: tom | Jul 11, 2007 9:44:58 PM

6. Well, another one bites the dust. Unfortunately, I think incidents like these only reinforce the negative sterotypes of gay men in folks minds: sexually deviant & threatening. This helps no one.

Posted by: busytinny | Jul 11, 2007 9:46:25 PM

7. water sports hahaahhhahahahhahahahaha

Posted by: matt | Jul 11, 2007 10:07:11 PM

8. Damn. When I used to live on Merritt Island, blow jobs were only $10. Guess closing the dirty bookstore on 520 sent prices rocketing like a space shuttle.

Posted by: DC8 stretch | Jul 11, 2007 10:18:58 PM

9. I managed to dig up and post a few more humorous tidbits on my blog.

As someone I read regularly would say: "You can't make this s**t up!"

Posted by: Joe | Jul 11, 2007 10:24:34 PM

10. Father Tony, he's a video news report that clarifies the matter.

Considering our country's vast population the possibility that someone like Mr. Allen would be charging someone to perform oral sex exists, but it'd be very unlikely.

Posted by: Gabriel F | Jul 11, 2007 11:03:43 PM

11. Not to sound rude, but what exactly is unclear about "Allen solicited the male officer inside the restroom, offering to perform oral sex for $20"? And here I do mean to sound rude: I wouldn't let this guy near me if he were paying me. Did he really need the $20? Unbelievable.

Posted by: Paul | Jul 11, 2007 11:13:55 PM

12. "It's all a big misunderstanding. I was driving, you know how I like to drive, and I had to take the biggest pee in the world, and I wandered in and there were those types in there, those queens and queers, and one of them started kissing me, and he wouldn't just quit goddamn kissing me!"

Bonus points if you recognize the above dialogue.

Posted by: Gitai | Jul 11, 2007 11:22:29 PM

13. There's Something About Mary?

Posted by: Gabriel F | Jul 11, 2007 11:32:56 PM

14. The police are sometimes disposed to lie when setting up traps for gay men in public restrooms, so I would not believe either account for the moment. However, perhaps more stories about him will surface.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jul 11, 2007 11:37:38 PM

15. @Anon: It's okay. He's Republican.

Posted by: Iko | Jul 12, 2007 12:17:13 AM

16. Nice quote from "Brain Candy." And, yeah, the story is written ambiguously.

Posted by: rob | Jul 12, 2007 12:42:53 AM

17. the closet makes you do desperate things. in closet = zero self-esteem.

Posted by: sean | Jul 12, 2007 1:05:26 AM

18. Looks like those automatic toilets for Ft. Lauderdale make sense now...

Posted by: micnyc80 | Jul 12, 2007 1:25:01 AM

19. water sports ... lol

Posted by: D | Jul 12, 2007 1:34:40 AM

20. Don't worry, he'll "ask God and his wife for forgiveness," (tm Sen. Vitter) and they will give it to him, and magically everything will be ok.

So it's a "gross mistake" and "disgusting" Rep. Allen? I believe you are referring to yourself. Another self-hating closet case. Suffer, bitch!

Posted by: So Left I'm Right | Jul 12, 2007 1:35:32 AM

21. He looks like John Candy and Jim Belushi's love child...

...and seriously, how many more closet case self loathing Repugnikkklan's are going to be caught with their pants down? I'm surprised he didn't pull out a snickers and ask the cop if he wanted to "share"...

Posted by: Cory | Jul 12, 2007 1:43:05 AM

22. I only wish I were 22 and HOT. I'd devote my life to trolling for Married Republicans online....then out the hypocrites. Me thinks me'd be VERY busy!

Posted by: Tax Protester | Jul 12, 2007 1:54:21 AM

23. Man, what is it about Florida people?

Posted by: thin mint | Jul 12, 2007 2:27:28 AM

24. Aha! Yet another born-again homophobic "Christian" hoisted on his own hypocritical petard! What a pig! Republican, of course. This man loves to suck dick in public restrooms and yet voted against every gay-friendly initiative put before the Florida House during his term. Where have we heard this song before? Expect backpedaling for days by his cover-your-ass staff and all kinds of "Christ has forgiven me" nonsense in the days to come.

Posted by: 42N82BGAY | Jul 12, 2007 3:25:55 AM

25. I wonder if they'll send him off to be "cured" a la` Ted Haggard.

All homophobes seem to be gay. :P

Posted by: louie | Jul 12, 2007 4:48:42 AM