Jake Shears Interviews Dolly Parton in UK Special

Jake_dolly_2

On December 26th, Channel 4 in the UK will air a special called Jake’s Adventure in Dollywood, in which the Scissor Sisters’ frontman interviews Parton as she arrives in London for her 2008 Backwoods Barbie Tour, and to launch the UK arm of her children’s charity project Imagination. Here are a couple clips from the half-hour program.

Who doesn’t love Dolly?

Jake_dolly

You may have missed…
Video Director Discusses Dolly Parton / Amy Sedaris Collaboration [tr]
Dolly Parton: Better Get to Livin’ [tr]
Jake Shears Would “Take That” if Asked [tr]

(image: dave king)

Comments

1. Brian says

Jake’s completely star-struck. And for good reason. Dolly’s a legend. I wish more people could be as unapologetically themselves as Dolly is. More power to her!

2. resurrect says

Dolly Parton is a National Treasure. Wow – what an ambassador for all that’s right about our country: the simple, human optimism and belief in goodness in others.

With all the ill will and doomy news about the world, Dolly still manages to brighter my day. Shine on, sister!

3. Duke says

Mr. Poe: It’s not just “‘mos” who’ve identified Dolly as a “national treasure”. Dolly, much like Itzhak Perlman, Elizabeth Taylor, and Sidney Poitier, has been named a Kennedy Center Honoree. That organization’s purpose is to recognize “the lifelong accomplishments and extraordinary talents of our nations’ most-prestigious artists”. What’s a better definition of “national treasure” than that?

4. rudy says

Dolly truly is a national treasure. The Kennedy Center lifetime achievement award only confirmed what “the family” always knew. A highlight of my old dancing days was getting to work with her. She always showed her appreciation for “the kids” in her shows. She has enormous talent wrapped in basic human dignity and genuine warmth. Jake is not to my taste but he went up several notches in my estimation by showing his delight in talking to and admiration for La Parton.

5. Jake says

How can you not love Dolly?
    I feel sorry for her having to spend so much time with Jake Shears. I love when American “artists” have to go abroad to make a career for themselves. Dolly was probably like “the Scissor Who?”
    Love, Love, Love DOLLY!!!!

6. Brian says

Looks like that the BBC had to get a whole litany of stylists to butch Ms. Shears up…I am sure Dolly’s people were like, you know, we’ll let a gay interview her as long its a Brokeback-y gay, and not a Glitter- gay. Minutes later Jake slithered back in her Lamé jumpsuit and smoked another pack of fags. Something is keeping his teeth the color of corn.

7. Greg says

Brian, Graham Norton interviewed Dolly @ Dollywood for his BBC show a couple of years ago. I don’t think anyone whould call him butch. And didn’t you notice Jake’s GOLD Pumas??? Maybe they were going for glittery/brokeback-y? Or maybe you need to lighten up…