Anderson Cooper | Danny Noriega | Fred Phelps | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #271

THE OFFICE: As performed by Nathan Alden Robinson. Not a gay story, but a touching one.

ANDERSON COOPER: Late last week Anderson and Kelly Ripa did a bit of thigh dancing.

WBC: The Westboro Baptist Church gets Rickrolled in Orlando.

DANNY NORIEGA: 24 seconds of something.

Check out our previous guides to the Tube here.

Comments

1. Anderson Cooper must be an absolutely boring twat. Cute though.

Posted by: peterparker | Apr 8, 2008 11:11:11 AM

2. check out anderson's guns! wow!

Posted by: steve | Apr 8, 2008 12:05:45 PM

3. Now, don't get me wrong. I love AC (Stacey, as I lovingly call her). However, only complete WASP Douchebag Marys say sh*t like, "I'm not going to do any exercise that draws attention to myself." Thereby...a'drawing attention to themselves. And worse: whilst all the other gals on the mat are doing KRip's ridiculous, though fun-looking, exercises, Douchebag Mary stands there like a like log (in all senses of the word) doing her best to show off her newly sculpted guns. Thereby...a'DRAWING ATTENTION TO HERSELF.

Okay, so the exercises will make you look a little, oh, I don't know, queer. But seriously, no amount of exercise evasion on mid-morning television is going to put you back inside the closet that Out Magazine has dragged you out of.

So, in conclusion:

Bitch, get on the mat and do the goddamn exercise already. Don't make me banish you from my masturbatory fantasy world - where you appear (frequently) as a cultured, upright, and who knows? possibly fun-loving gay man.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Apr 8, 2008 12:18:33 PM

4. Baby, I highly doubt that is the first time Andy C has "assumed the position" (a wide second) and done a power plie.

Posted by: rudy | Apr 8, 2008 12:19:52 PM

5. AC obviously needs to "work out" some serious issues with himself. What is his problem? I'd be up for doing those moves with Kelly! Seesh! I just lost my crush on AC. Whew! I'm glad it's over!

Posted by: Alec Sarkas | Apr 8, 2008 12:26:19 PM

6. Danny Noriega could make a living as a Jessica Alba impersonator. In drag he would look just like her.

Posted by: Dan B | Apr 8, 2008 1:01:59 PM

7. "But Kelly, those exercises are for tops and I'm a bottom!"

Posted by: Voet | Apr 8, 2008 1:02:56 PM

8. Major gun show there.

Kelly has tried to get him to dance a few times on the show and he always refuses, she knows he's not going to do anything and she likes to torment him and make him uncomfortable. Watching him do the push-ups made up for his lack of enthusiasm, at least for me.

Posted by: Matt | Apr 8, 2008 1:08:40 PM

9. he's a little nerdy and self-conscious, but he's turned into quite the little muscleboy. i wish to eat him.

Posted by: b mac | Apr 8, 2008 2:43:13 PM

10. good lord - she needs to relax!

Posted by: LMD | Apr 8, 2008 3:49:15 PM

11. I love AC pretending he doesn't know what a wide stance is.

What a Chelsea queen.

Posted by: Matt | Apr 8, 2008 4:10:45 PM

12. I love AC pretending he doesn't know what a wide stance is.

What a Chelsea queen.

Posted by: Matt | Apr 8, 2008 4:12:50 PM

13. I love Anderson but he has an annoying laugh!

Posted by: John from PA | Apr 8, 2008 6:31:12 PM

14. If he was worried about people thinking he’s gay I don’t think he would have worn that work out outfit and admitted earlier in the show that he’s uncomfortable with Kelly coming on to him all the time. Sure he seems a prone to embarrassment especially around women, but I think a lot of his reaction here was a mix of being hesitant to let Kelly get him doing simulated sex type moves when he’s been fending off her groping all show and credibility concerns. News anchoring is a bit like being a school principal – you have to maintain a certain conservative image. At least he was laughing and looked like he was having a good time.

Anybody else watch Mole 2 back when? He let loose with his goofy side on that show. He even introduced a guy to a challenge involving a bed by lying back on the bed and throwing his legs behind his head...and they were together in a bedroom with a spinning disco ball and a bubble machine.

Posted by: greg | Apr 8, 2008 6:51:31 PM

15. I still remember that episode of The Mole where Anderson threw his legs up in the air. The guy he was showing was completely perplexed as to why he would do something like that, but WE know, don't we? He was much looser on The Mole and even now on 360 he might slip in a slightly risque and suggestive comment but he does it in a subtle way that's easy to miss.

Posted by: Ron | Apr 9, 2008 2:30:43 AM

16. Yeah, he's a bit more constrained now and it's too bad. He's still remembered as a great reality host because of the way he seemed sincerely engaged with the players, drinking wine and laughing with them, and his sudden breaks from gravitas to make jokes or do eccentric things like the bed thing or that weird little 'happy dance' after tricking the players at the elimination ceremony. At least we have the fond memory of him laying on a black metal bed frame in a fancy suit with his shiny shoes in the air. :)

Posted by: greg | Apr 9, 2008 4:00:19 PM