Bob Allen | Crime | Florida | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Florida Rep. Bob Allen Launches Appeal

Remember Florida Rep. Bob Allen who was convicted of solicitation after offering a police officer for $20 to blow him in a public restroom last summer.

Bob_allen_2He has launched an appeal:

"After his conviction in July 2007, Allen resigned. Now he is fighting back. He filed an appeal. Wednesday was his day in court. Outside the courtroom Allen and his wife, Beth, did not run from reporters. Allen couldn't say much -- his attorney Greg Eisenmenger wouldn't let him, but Beth Allen could. When asked if they were getting good support, Beth Allen replied, 'Absolutely, absolutely. The only negatives are the anonymous cowards on the blogs.' She talked about her upcoming election. Beth Allen is running for supervisor of elections. She talked about her husband. 'I am not a stand by your man kind of woman, under any circumstances. If I thought for a moment he was guilty of that which he was charged I would’ve dumped him the next day,' said Beth Allen. And when the courtroom doors opened it was time to make the case for Bob Allen’s appeal."

Allen's conviction resulted in six months of probation and a $250 fine. Allen's resignation cost taxpayers $400,000.

Comments

1. beth allen is another fagwife in denial just like larry craig's wife... jesus h. christ what scum these republicans are...

Posted by: the queen | May 22, 2008 11:42:54 AM

2. DENIAL ....hahaha she called the bloggers cowards>? Omg Geezzz...They both deserve each other.

Posted by: Bosie | May 22, 2008 11:51:38 AM

3. LMAO! Boy...Beth must be
    1 UGLY
    2 Really hard up
    3 gettin a cock that's bigger
    than his belly!

And OMG...he has more Chins than a Chinese phone book!
    Poor dumb Beth.

Posted by: Greg | May 22, 2008 12:01:35 PM

4. I look forward to a day when a married, overweight elected official can openly admit that he wants to fellate a police officer, and there is no need for attempted bribery, shame, hiding in mens' rooms, and the ensuing cognitive dissonance of his family. (j/k)

Posted by: JJ | May 22, 2008 12:23:30 PM

5. So what is the defense then? That the cop lied, or that he was so scared by a black man he offered him $20 bucks and a blow job? I thought appeals were supposed to be based on some error in the court proceeding or new evidence. Not "Gee, I regret getting caught, pleasing guilty, and losing my spot in the legislature. Appeal!!" Idiot.

Posted by: hal | May 22, 2008 12:28:05 PM

6. Man, he is just so clearly a closeted slob who pretends to be straight but jacks his greasy self off to gay sites on the internet...
    um...
    no offense anybody!

Posted by: Strepsi | May 22, 2008 1:03:31 PM

7. ahh you poor dear...obviously you're one of those women who think they can FIX thier man...He's NOT into you dear. He's PRETENDING to be...well maybe you can kinda keep him satisfied - if you just LIFT UP his BUTT-GUT,find his BIRD and give him the BJ he was so willing to pay $20 for.

Posted by: Disgusted American | May 22, 2008 1:11:23 PM

8. No, indeed, Beth is NOT a "stand by your man" kinda gal. Nope. She's a stand by her BANK ACCOUNT woman and the minute she lets Big Gay Bob take it in the ass over a misconduct charge is the day she loses her own ass by default. Just tell the fuckin' truth, honey. Bozo the lech is looking at an additional suit to have to pay the counties back for their special elections after his resignation and if he goes down, she goes down with him, INCLUDING her potential elected position.

Call me a conspiracy theorist and accuse me of projecting if you will, but if my husband calls from the klink and tells me he's been busted for soliciting in a public toilet, jail is gonna be the SAFEST fucking place in the world for him. Then again, my husband isn't getting into situations where a blowjob bust is even an option. Would you even ALLOW your man to accept a guilty plea if you knew damn well he wasn't?

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | May 22, 2008 1:38:40 PM

9. I expect he wants to be McCain's choice for veep.

But McCian already has Charlie Crist on speed-dial, dear.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 22, 2008 1:48:59 PM

10. LOL@FIZZIEKRUNTNT, and how true.
    As I read your comment, I started hearing it as diaglogue spoken by Gloria Graham in a 50's movie.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 22, 2008 1:50:29 PM

11. Appeal? He has none. Case closed.

Posted by: anon | May 22, 2008 2:41:41 PM

12. LMAO. Derrick, I absolutely adore you.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | May 22, 2008 3:24:10 PM

13. Nice one, Derrick. Where the hell did you pull Gloria Graham from?

Loved her in Crossfire.

Posted by: The Milkman | May 22, 2008 4:40:17 PM

14. totally absurd. i don't care if the guy is a republican closet case or whatever, it's unethical for the state to intruding on personal sexual relations, to be busting anyone for prostitution, and it's a waste of taxpayer's money. good going florida.

Posted by: michael72 | May 22, 2008 5:14:33 PM

15. Michael72, I think that preventing this guy from having sex is a gift. I don't think he deserves the right to pleasure, the creep.

Posted by: Paul R | May 22, 2008 5:31:38 PM

16. I work with a woman whose husband is a flaming queen who was busted not once but TWICE for soliciting males for sex. And he was convicted both times. And they both still deny he was guilty and still allege he is straight because they have 2 sons. When faced with all the evidence deny everything as a friend of mine says.

Posted by: wangdang | May 22, 2008 7:49:20 PM

17. "But ya are Blanche, but ya are."

Posted by: Puddy Katz | May 22, 2008 9:04:52 PM