Barack Obama | Benjamin McKenzie | Elton John | Ewan McGregor | George W. Bush | Hawaii | Jesus Luz | Jim Carrey | Kansas | Log Cabin Republicans | Madonna | Mexico | News | Northern Ireland | Republican Party | Suze Orman

News: Jesus Luz, Hawaii, T.R. Knight, Kansas, Suze Orman, Mexico

roadAppointment of John Berry, the openly gay Obama nominee to head the Office of Personnel Management, to be swift because of the waning morality wars?

John_joel  roadElton John and Billy Joel hit the road together.

roadLuz Out: Madonna dumps Jesus.

roadGay Wichita man gives huge collection of LGBT historical materials to the University of Kansas: "Library officials say the collection, documenting the history of gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transsexuals in the Midwest, gives insight into the experiences of the gays in the Midwest. 'This addition could potentially put us on the map for GLBT materials in the Midwest,' said Tami Albin, undergraduate instruction and outreach librarian at KU. McKinney's collection of more than 160 boxes strengthens the holdings the library already maintains, Williams said."

roadMtm Mary Tyler Moore a right-winger? “Maybe more of a libertarian centrist. If McCain had asked me to campaign for him, I would have...I do watch a lot of Fox News. I like Charles Krauthammer and Bill O’Reilly.”

roadStudy on LGBT poor released.

roadThat dude from the OC makes a pretty hot cop.

Carrey_mcgregor  roadJim Carrey - Ewan McGregor gay prison romance to go straight to DVD?

roadAn update on the status of civil unions in Hawaii: "Right now the bill is waiting for Senate President Colleen Hanabusa, with the support of her colleagues, to pull it from the JGO Committee and bring it to the Senate floor for a full vote. We are working hard on the legislators. We have the support of the majority of Senators. But our opposition, made up of the Hawaii Family Forum and the christian hate groups, are, as always, very well bankrolled...

roadT.R. Knight in car accident on Hollywood Boulevard.

roadGay Republicans seeking alternative to Log Cabin: "Jimmy LaSalvia, a former Log Cabin policy director, said he’s had discussions with gay Republicans at GOP events and concluded that Log Cabin is 'missing a lot of opportunities to provide a voice for gay conservatives...We’re looking at a political landscape where gay Republicans aren’t represented,' he said. 'Log Cabin’s absence has left a void on the political landscape.' Log Cabin, which didn’t respond to the Blade’s request for comment, is operating at minimal capacity even as it prepares for its annual national convention, which will take place in April this year in D.C."

roadSix years ago Shrub lied to the world.

roadIrish MP Iris Robinson avoids prosecution for calling gays an abomination: "The Public Prosecution Service (PPS) in Northern Ireland confirmed today it was not proceeding with an investigation into the MP's comments. Robinson, who is married to Northern Ireland's first minister, Peter Robinson, also said gay people could be 'cured' of their homosexuality by psychotherapy.

roadTori Amos debuts new music at SXSW.

Galan  roadMexico's Social Democratic Party nominates gay man and 31-year-old helicopter pilot as mayoral candidate in Guadalajara, Mexico: "The party earned about 2.6 percent support nationwide in a December poll. Galan acknowledges that winning 'is not the most likely scenario' in Guadalajara, which has been in the hands of the right-wing National Action Party for more than a decade. But he said Tuesday he hopes to raise proposals to 'improve the situation for the majority by addressing the needs of minorities.'"

roadStill around: The attention whore of the GOP is horny for conservatives.

roadWWD profiles Suze Orman: "One New Year’s Eve, at the age of 12 or 13 ('I can’t remember which'), Orman went to a party and hung out with a girl named Susie Kaplan, whom Orman had a crush on. 'It was late and Susie had fallen asleep with her head on my lap and my best friend Laurie Brown looked at us, got it, and started a rumor that I was a lesbian. Of course, I denied it. During my freshman year of college, I came back and said, ‘Laurie, remember that rumor you started about me years ago? Well, that was true.’'"

Comments

1. Oh, Elton, sweety.

Posted by: JeffRob | Mar 20, 2009 4:00:19 PM

2. He's turning into Dame Edna right before our eyes.

Posted by: joe | Mar 20, 2009 4:17:27 PM

3. Mary Tyler Moore, a Republican! I knew there was something about her that I never liked....just couldn't figure out what it was. So...so, she is like that woman she played in "Ordinary People"--cold, cold, cold...like that senator from Texas?...the one that hated Sarah Palin nomination with a passion?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 20, 2009 4:22:36 PM

4. OH Mary, Mary, Mary! You revere the very right wing people whose rabid ideology would have made it impossible for Mary Richards to become a successful working woman.

No wonder Rhoda, Phyllis and Mr. Grant think you’re and asshole.

Posted by: ggreen | Mar 20, 2009 4:26:17 PM

5. Given her dislike of the citizens of the Republic (and the other half of NI), I'd be loath to brand Robinson "Irish". She would probably prefer to be called British, but deserves neither title.

Posted by: pinotnoir | Mar 20, 2009 4:38:38 PM

6. It doesn't surprise me to learn at Mary Tyler Moore is a right-winger. It only adds to the unpleasant opinion I've had of her for years, based upon personal experience. I've worked on several awards shows she has been a part of and people need to realize she is nearly the opposite of her image. She is manipulative, selfish, rude and often mean.

Posted by: Michael | Mar 20, 2009 4:48:20 PM

7. Mary I loved you on your TV show, and Ordinary People but really?

Your taste in men is as twisted as your politics. You say Frank Sinatra and the Pope 'looked into your soul'? News flash lady, you don't have one, or a brain it seems. I'd have your Doctor husband look into that Mary.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 20, 2009 5:28:33 PM

8. No mere irony that MTM is pro-Repub. and she has insulin-dependent diabetes and yet she is pro-stem cell research which is antithetical to the Repub. platform. Too many insulin shocks have affected her cognition apparently.

Posted by: Sean | Mar 20, 2009 5:51:12 PM

9. Who gives a fuck what that trivial pursuit question mary tyler moore is? Elton John looks like a parade float. Get your priorities STRAIGHT, ladies.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 20, 2009 6:01:45 PM

10. I loved the Mary Tyler Moore show. So this is very disappointing news. I'm not sure I'll be able to watch that show without thinking about her Fox News/McCain debilitating mental illness.

*sigh*

Posted by: David in Houston | Mar 20, 2009 6:47:54 PM

11. Hmm... seeing how Elton looks only shows why he ended up on this list.

Even though he's last he's (really gay)!

Shame... but hey not everyone can look good at 61!

Posted by: Nathan | Mar 20, 2009 7:12:29 PM

12. That's what suicide is for, nathan.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 20, 2009 7:26:28 PM

13. In spite of the fact that she described herself as a "Libertarian centrist", the extremists here have now labeled Mary Tyler Moore a "twisted", "right-wing", "Republican", "asshole".

Is the reading comprehension level really that low among the inmates of this website, or is it just instinctual bigotry and failure to understand that there is a world of people out there who don't fit snugly into one of your little "R" or "D" boxes?

You're the reason we keep getting more of the same corruption and stupidity from the two "twisted" gangs of "assholes". Be very proud of yourselves, vapid little fascists...as long as you have one another to pat on the back everything will be just great in the world.

Posted by: paul c | Mar 20, 2009 7:37:41 PM

14. MTM has had her face pulled too tight, I think. Also, she's a lonely, rich old lady. (That b*tch is loaded, she doesn't know how life is for people in the real world.) Also, she lost her son, maybe that twists her logic, it certainly must hurt deep-down. I hope she gets a clue.

Posted by: Hank | Mar 20, 2009 9:00:58 PM

15. Elton John looks like he just spit up a big gay footlong on his lapels and down his sleeve and Poor Miss Joel had a stroke watchin' Porkchop go to town. Some old broads ain't fit.

MARY?! That's what happen when you get the sugars for so long. She got the sugars and her brain all crusted up. Somebody give her a fudgecicle and put her out of her misery, and I DON'T mean a hot one...unless she asked Elton nicely. That old hag shits sugar, I just know it!

Speakin of HOT, they named that hot Benjamin boy's character Ben Sherman. BEN SHERMAN! Ooooh, I'd sure like to wear him like a new pair of...mmmm mmmmmm!

And Suze Orman? *SNAP!*

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Mar 20, 2009 9:37:58 PM

16. I agree, get your priorities right!

Bag on Elton!

That's what's important!

Paul C has a point, just 'cause someone's a Republican doesn't mean they are Godless and will threaten the sanctity of marriage with their anti-family agenda.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Mar 20, 2009 9:43:22 PM

17. My priorities are straight.

@ Tank,
    Elton John has *always* been a parade float. He's Elton *Freakin* John. If he weren't day glow, he wouldn't be Rocket Man. He'd be like Libberace without the rhinestones.

Also @ Paul C.,
    MTM like Charles Krauthammer and Bill O’Reilly and watches Faux News a lot and would have campaigned for McCain/Palin. She said so in herself. I don't think there is anything wrong with *anyone's* reading comprehension skills. Yours, maybe.

Posted by: Wheezy | Mar 21, 2009 9:53:49 AM

18. I have lived too long! Mary, Mary, Mary. A repug! Oh pluck these eyes out! Rip these ears off! No! .... At least I won't have to save up to buy the DVD's of her TV series now.

Posted by: Reggie | Mar 21, 2009 12:32:49 PM

19. Perhaps I wasn't understood. Elton John looks like a big fatty fatty fat fat, fat bastard.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 21, 2009 12:38:26 PM

20. I think Paul C has it right. You expect tolerance for yourself but do not grant it to others. Until she attacks gay people you have no reason for the vitriol. You not only insult her but her illness. My mother is diabetic as well, BTW.

I may just become a homophobe after reading this thread.

Let's focus on the real priorities:

Was that Elton John or does Rerun from What's Happening have a white twin brother?

Posted by: Attmay | Mar 21, 2009 4:13:04 PM

21. And BTW, GGreen, everyone who has ever worked with Ed Asner considers him to be human garbage, and not because of his political beliefs.

And Valerie Harper was a big proponent of EST, a dangerous crackpot "self-help" group from the 1970s.

Posted by: Attmay | Mar 21, 2009 4:17:15 PM

22. I try not to be judgmental when it comes to people's weight, afterall I have a nice beer gut going on, but Elton, honey, that is just unhealthy.

Posted by: Will | Mar 21, 2009 5:17:57 PM

23. Elton just has a bad case of gas.

Posted by: Dave | Mar 23, 2009 1:50:45 AM