BigGayDeal.com

First 'Official' Look: Jake Gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia

Jake

Here's the first official look at a screenshot from Jake Gyllenhaal's forthcoming videogame adaptation Prince of Persia. Fans will recall that there have been publicity stills and paparazzi shots that did him a bit more justice.

Comments

1. i luvs me some jakey.

Posted by: nic | Jul 18, 2009 7:49:34 AM

2. The movie sounds like a rather absurd affair, but Jake certainly looks delicious.

Posted by: Hank | Jul 18, 2009 8:45:53 AM

3. I love Jakey too, but he looks about as Persian as Carol Channing. The busted weave (one of Britney's castoffs?) doesn't help.

Posted by: David D. | Jul 18, 2009 10:34:53 AM

4. His sex appeal plummeted the moment he made "official" where he was on the is-he-or-isn't-he spectrum.

Posted by: genoa | Jul 18, 2009 10:34:58 AM

5. Jake has lot all the appeal he had since he started bearding with Reese. He's turned into a sexless, insecure, mommy's boy in all of his pap photos.

Posted by: Clem | Jul 18, 2009 12:23:27 PM

6. Jake...love him. Sexy and talented. I am looking forward to this movie!

Posted by: Peter | Jul 18, 2009 3:45:31 PM

7. David,

Apparently, this prince came from the part of Persia right by Stockholm. Tehjford?

Heh.

Posted by: John | Jul 18, 2009 4:31:49 PM

8. I miss the dark brooding Jake of yesteryear.Things change though.He looks hot in the leather.Better than the clothless shots going around.Can't take to the bulky look on Jake.But would i do anything to run my fingers through that furry chest of his....woof.

Posted by: john | Jul 18, 2009 4:35:57 PM

9. My husband is a big Jake fan, but I just don't see it. Of course, I suspect he doesn't get my Hugh Jackman fixation.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jul 18, 2009 10:00:15 PM

10. Is he hot? Hell yeah!!!

Posted by: GOT2BC.C. | Jul 18, 2009 10:14:32 PM

11. I'm sorry, that wig is terrible.

Posted by: Marguerite Gautier | Jul 19, 2009 7:31:50 AM

12. Ha! @ John.

Posted by: j | Jul 19, 2009 9:05:06 AM

13. couldn't they find someone who's at least middle eastern, if not persian, to play the prince of persia? racist hollywood!

Posted by: shoepins | Jul 19, 2009 11:50:20 AM

14. "News"?

Posted by: Zacery | Jul 19, 2009 4:08:39 PM

15. It's always news to me to see Jake G. Mmmmm....he's so hot.

Posted by: DJ | Jul 19, 2009 10:03:30 PM

16. Is it too much to ask for a Persian to play the Prince of Persia? Are there no brown people in Hollywood? This is "The Last Samurai" all over again.

Posted by: Vu | Jul 19, 2009 11:28:45 PM

17. @VU: There were rumors that an actual Middle Eastern (maybe Saudi) Prince - who's also an actor, I believe - was one of the contenders for the role, but it's Hollywood. They had to cast the A-list white guy.

Posted by: 7SK | Jul 20, 2009 9:16:49 AM

18. I think Jake looks great and right for the part.

Posted by: Ed | Jul 20, 2009 10:57:38 AM

19. Ed, I think you're an ignoramus, but what do you care?

Posted by: Jayf3 | Jul 20, 2009 6:13:41 PM

20. Jayf3, right, I don't give a shit about you.

Posted by: Ed | Jul 20, 2009 11:14:25 PM

21. You won't be able to shit when I stick myself inside your dumb ass. Now get going or you'll be late to your Klan meeting.

Posted by: Jayf3 | Jul 22, 2009 10:03:19 AM

22. This is so wrong. This was a great opportunity to help break stereotypes about Middle-Easterners (Iranians in particular), but thanks to ethnocentric Hollywood, we won't see a REAL Persian/Iranian playing the lead role. It's clear that Hollywood only cares about making money, but I fear that many people will overlook how this is another form of "Blackface." White actors used to play Black characters, and now the same thing is happening to people of Middle-Eastern descent. Real Middle-Eastern actors are limited to only supporting roles or the typical "Muslim terrorist" role.

Posted by: Jehanzeb | Jul 26, 2009 4:29:28 PM