Baseball | Big Brother | Chaz Bono | Chicago | Dallas | Deaths | Gay Marriage | Hotels | Michael Jackson | Neil Patrick Harris | New York | News | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Sam Adams | Stampp Corbin | Tampa | The Killers | Wentworth Miller

News: The Gloved One, Mrs. Slocombe, Big Brother, The Cubs

road

Neil Patrick Harris to host the Emmys?

Glove

Glove for sale.

road

NO! Mrs. Slocombe and her pussy died!

road

Also, choreographer Pina Bausch. And Karl Malden.

road

Same-sex marriage stalls in Rhode Island: "None of the bills legalizing same-sex marriage in Rhode Island advanced to a floor vote this session, continuing a trend begun in 1997."

road

Chaz Bono plays with the paparazzi.

road

Michael Jackson's will. No public viewing at Neverland. Funeral to be held at L.A.'s Staples Center.

road

Pennsylvania's Allegheny County passes law forbidding discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

road

Stampp Corbin on the Obama Pride reception: "There will be some who even will gather in the Capitol in October to protest your administration’s lack of attention to equal protection for LGBT Americans. You want pressure? We’ll give it to you in spades."

road

Hollywood gives up on ideas.

Kevin

road

Meet Kevin, the gay Big Brother houseguest.

road

Beau Breedlove has sour grapes over his affair with Portland Mayor Sam Adams. Adams was cleared of wrongdoing last week. Now, because the Oregon AG said he no longer had credibility after posing nude for Unzipped magazine and getting paid for it, Breedlove seems to want revenge: "It really upsets me. It’s just lie after lie after lie until we’re at the end of the bowl and the last person to be burned from the situation is me."

road

Snippet: The Killers do "Hotel California".

road

DJ Earworm: My life would suck without you in my place.

road

Manhattan apartment prices plummet to just $760,000 to $849,000 in the median range.

road

Wentworth Miller broke out of prison, now he's going to Law & Order: SVU.

Cubs

road

Homophobia alive and well among Chicago baseball fans.

road

Labor big Stuart Appelbaum outs himself.

road

Dallas Million Gay March to move out of gay ghetto into "more mainstream area" next year.

road

Gay resort opens near Tampa: "While open to anyone, the hotel caters almost exclusively to gay men. Photos of butt-baring hot guys adorn the walls — and are available for $169 apiece. The second-floor club has a darkened maze room and other "intimacy zones.'' The courtyard boasts a kumquat tree and a 50-man hot tub, possibly the largest in Tampa. If it sounds like a bathhouse, don't describe it that way to the owners. Technically, and according to the city, the Ybor Resort & Spa is a hotel and a men's health studio. Sex and nudity in public areas is not allowed."

Comments

1. WOW! The astonishing boiling anger of Obama family friend and cochair of his national LGBT election campaign group, Stampp Corbin, apparently hasn't cooled even after being a part of the WH tea party Monday:

"Mr. President, there are millions of LGBT Americans who are willing to put the pressure on to make you respond to our issues. Clearly, you heard and felt our anger about the lack of speed you have exhibited to address LGBT inequality. That will be child’s play compared to the response you will be getting from us over the next several months. You want us to put the pressure on? We hear you loud and clear. We will be expecting substantial results quickly and will not go quietly back to our corners because of a lovely event.

Mr. President, expect the LGBT community to be out in full force, holding you to your promises and celebrating results, not speeches. We will be writing and calling our Congressmen and Senators; telling them that we want Hate Crimes Legislation passed now and we want the recently reintroduced Employment Non-Discrimination Act, which gives LGBT Americans employment protections, passed by October. That’s how we will keep the pressure on, Mr. President. You want pressure? We’ll give it to you in spades.

Only time will tell whether the congressional leadership gets the President legislation he can sign that moves LGBT equality forward. Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid need to be held to account for their actions, just like the President. Time will tell whether the President can get the military to support congressional repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, which allows patriotic gay and lesbian Americans to be unceremoniously discharged from the armed forces. Time will tell whether the President has the political will to work with congressional leadership to move for the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act. I hope the entire LGBT community gets engaged at the state and local level to pressure Congress to move LGBT positive legislation forward. We all know President Obama cannot achieve LGBT equality by the stroke of a pen. However Mr. President, actions speak louder than words. And the LGBT community is prepared to force you to act now."

Posted by: Michael @ LeonardMatlovich.com | Jul 2, 2009 3:00:30 PM

2. Want to place bets on how much the Jackson family charges for tickets to the public funeral? $100? $300?

Sigh. Wentworth Miller is my only celebrity crush, but he's not looking so great in those shots. All my dreams have died.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 2, 2009 3:00:32 PM

3. Goodbye Mrs Slocombe. Your hair and your pussy will be missed. I never got to ask whether you dyed your pussy to match the head on your hair.

Posted by: Midland | Jul 2, 2009 3:02:44 PM

4. I'm sorry, but did you just refer to Oak Lawn in Dallas as a "ghetto?"

Posted by: Kirk Fontenot | Jul 2, 2009 3:12:00 PM

5. Oak Lawn, Weho, Chelsea are all ghettos.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Jul 2, 2009 3:27:08 PM

6. Obama your honeymoon is over.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jul 2, 2009 4:05:13 PM

7. you HAVE to listen to Beau Breedlove's first line in that video interview. hi-freakin-larious.

Posted by: Blake | Jul 2, 2009 4:32:05 PM

8. Excellent choice of words on Breedlove's part...

"given me a blow"

ha! thanks for the headsup, Blake.

Posted by: Nathan | Jul 2, 2009 7:35:21 PM

9. On your list of recent deaths, you left off Harve Presnell (Unsinkable Molly Brown, Annie, Fargo).

Posted by: Ruddigore | Jul 2, 2009 7:53:10 PM

10. Why would I want to hear a very mediocre version of Hotel California? I'll stick with the Eagles. They should write something else that might be as long standing as that song.

Funny story; my dad and his best friend Dennis; a white guy in a black blues band in the late 50's and early 60's. Kind of like being into rap back then. Anyway, they both worked in the space program and Dennis calls my Dad and asks if he heard this new band the Eagles on the radio. I heard it for years after that; along with Three dog Night and CCR.

Posted by: Jason | Jul 3, 2009 3:10:48 AM

11. Homo-phobic T-Shirts/ Cubs

For over 25 years, I roamed the "Friendly Confines" of Wrigley Field as "The Bleacher Preacher"... and except for a small pocket of fans in the left field corner... I seldom heard anti-gay remarks... except for those aimed at Sox's fans. I admit I picked on some visiting ball players with tight uniforms...
    "Do you shave your legs to put your pants on?" or when the Phillies used to play... I would yell at their center fielder..."Hey Lenny, your father is a Dykstra!" or other visiting outfielders " This ball is going over your head...just like Sesame Street!" or the time someone yelled at me " Hey Pritikin, how come your always talking with young guys?" I answered back... Are you Jealous?" The Cubs have an annual "OUT" at the Ballpark DAY since 2000, that has a history of drawing thousands of gay fans proudly flying their Cubs and Rainbow Flags... and someone from that group sing the National Anthem. They also rent OUT several roof tops, because it has been so successful. They tried a "OUT" day at Sox's park... but like their team, and fans... struck OUT!

Several years ago, A Cubs player Julian Teverez, called Giant Fans "Fags" and Reporter Jay Mariotti... then of the Chicago Sun-Times, wrote a great article about tolerance ... and with my O.K.outed me to the Cubs fans. The story was picked up nationally via "THE SPORTING NEWS". In the 1980's I was a guest on Cubs announcer Harry Caray's 10th Inning and he introduced me as "JOHN Q. PUBLIC- The Fan" and a few years later tabbed me as the Cubs #1 FAN. Just a couple of seasons ago...it did not surprise me that the Sox's Manager Ozzie Guillen called reporter Jay Mariotti a "fag"...

So let them sell and wear their T-shirts... it's easier to spot Sox's bigots at the ballpark and thankfully, most Cubs fans take their shirts off to enjoy the bleachers

Posted by: jerry pritikin | Jul 3, 2009 11:43:51 AM

12. Well, gay cubs.

Posted by: latebrosus | Jul 3, 2009 12:52:18 PM

13. This Beau Breedlove interview convinced me that Sam Adams is a scumbag. I don't have the best impression about Breedlove either, but I think Adams totally manipulated the situation to do damage control. A pox on his house. We don't need these kinds of "leaders."

Posted by: Chris | Jul 3, 2009 9:46:09 PM