New York | News | Republican Party | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #513

GAY REPUBLICANS: Current TV takes a look at the phenomenon.

NEW YORK CITY STREET ASSAULT: Caught on video.

PROCESSION: Now here's a happy hetero wedding.

HISPANIC CONTRACTORS: Group pulls video offensive to gays.

For previous Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. I'll admit I've lost total interest in boys after learning that they vote Republican. I refuse to associate with people that dumb.

Posted by: KFLO | Jul 23, 2009 4:14:45 PM

2. That has got to be the BEST wedding ever! I wish I had been at the reception! Fantastic!

Posted by: Wayne | Jul 23, 2009 4:53:50 PM

3. I totally agree with "KFLO" that gay republicans are a bonerkill.

However, I just wanted to comment my appreciation to Towleroad.com for posting clips from CURRENT TV & hope followers discover this excellent cable channel. It's now my default on the remote control.

Posted by: JONNY NYNY2FLFL | Jul 23, 2009 5:04:13 PM

4. I loved that wedding! What an incredibly fun looking couple.

Posted by: RB | Jul 23, 2009 5:14:06 PM

5. As if Obamapologists aren't a boner-kill.

Posted by: Let'sFaceIt | Jul 23, 2009 5:38:45 PM

6. Wow, talk about a waste of one's time: Log Cabin works within the Republican Party to advance equal rights for gays and lesbians... I can see that is working well for you.

Posted by: Critifur | Jul 23, 2009 5:50:01 PM

7. The wedding looks like it was fun, and they're clearly an unpretentious couple. However, I sure as hell don't want them planning my memorial service after I die.

Posted by: Dback | Jul 23, 2009 6:54:15 PM

8. I remember in the early 80's how many fights I'd have with Log Cabiners about there being more than one issue, meaning that $ was more important than our rights or fighting the GOP about AIDS. I always wondered to myself, do these people read newspapers?

That wedding clip was great.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jul 23, 2009 7:38:38 PM

9. Patricknyc : That's what the Obamapologists are screaming, now, all the time, as an excuse for his inaction on gay issues: "There's more than one issue involved in being President!"

Posted by: Let'sFaceIt | Jul 23, 2009 8:23:42 PM

10. Why the assault posting? The world is hard enough.

Posted by: Br!on | Jul 23, 2009 10:38:26 PM

11. @ letsfaceit

All you log cabin fags need to just die already.Cuz yall are on my last nerve.bunch of shitheaded contemptible bastards

Posted by: Jonnie | Jul 24, 2009 2:45:57 AM

12. Well yes, letsfaceit, there are many Obamapologists out there trying to make up for what the president hasnt done in the last 6 months. But lets compare to the last 30 some odd years the Repugs have been basically trying to exterminate gays, minorities, non Christians, and anyone else that are not like them...and your argument holds NO water....sorry kiddo...no go back to the NeoCon cave you crept out of.

Posted by: JT | Jul 24, 2009 3:33:21 AM

13. Let's see, there's a video from another minority group's contractor association that is completely bigoted and offinssive and you stupid f*cks are complaining about some deluded Repub fags? No wonder our community can't get anywhere!! Focus!!

Posted by: Andy | Jul 24, 2009 7:24:34 AM

14. offensive - sorry, still getting used to the new keyboard

Posted by: Andy | Jul 24, 2009 7:25:14 AM

15. Offensive - sorry, still getting used to the new keyboard

Posted by: Andy | Jul 24, 2009 7:27:13 AM

16. I can understand the anger here most homosexuals have against the Republicans. I too think discrimination is very wrong. I mean I didn't choose to be genetically defective. But I've interned in Washington for Democratic congressman when I was in my early 20's and let me tell you, it's all about what the constituency wants. If people in a Repubs district started shouting for equal rights for gays, he would vote for it. Just like if Nancy Pelosi's district went suddenly anti-gay she wouldn't be for it. It's all about power and keeping power unfortunately. You have to get people's minds changed in the districts to have a chance at changing people's minds in Congress.

Posted by: Matt | Jul 24, 2009 9:02:54 AM

17. I give that marriage way better than average odds of lasting.

Posted by: Andrew K | Jul 24, 2009 9:25:53 AM

18. Agree with Jonny... If you haven't checked out Current TV its a fantastic channel. Their website has also kept me busy watching some great content too. If you like The Soup check out Infomania - Joel McHale has some cute competition!

Posted by: Kristoffer | Jul 24, 2009 5:59:48 PM