TV's New 'Bachelor' Revealed

Jakepavelka

It's commercial airline pilot Jake Pavelka, a cast-off from season 5 of The Bachelorette.

Comments

1. Yawn. More of the Otter Trio lip-synching please.

Posted by: Mark | Oct 14, 2009 1:49:15 PM

2. He's cute, definitely.

I never watch the show, so I'm wondering, has there ever been a non-white bachelor?

Posted by: DJDeeJay | Oct 14, 2009 1:51:44 PM

3. No, I don't believe they've had other races, but there has been contestants that were of other races.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Oct 14, 2009 2:04:49 PM

4. ANDY TOWLE, THAT POST WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A CHEAP EXCUSE TO SHOW A PICTURE OF A CUTE GUY!

Thanks!

Posted by: Strepsi | Oct 14, 2009 2:38:36 PM

5. I assume he is the brother of the seriously hot Jesse Pavelka from "Dietribe." Here is YouTube video of Jesse:

Posted by: gr8guyca | Oct 14, 2009 2:58:09 PM

6. ahh another show that contributes to the "Sanctity of Marriage" Paaa-leeeeez

Posted by: Disgusted American | Oct 14, 2009 3:13:44 PM

7. Part of me is perpetually insulted that the same people who screech about the "sancity of marriage" are the same people cheering on shows like this that advocate total strangers getting married when we can't.

Then I remember how many of them actually end in marriage and wonder what the appeal is of watching total strangers go on dates with vacuous bimbos.

Posted by: Jay | Oct 14, 2009 3:15:07 PM

8. Who? Big Fucking Deal. Another season of a show that mocks marriage and relationships into a whorehouse. But gay are still not allowed to marry except for a few states.

Posted by: DairyQueen | Oct 14, 2009 3:39:23 PM

9. What a hot man. I remember him from last season and he seems like a truly nice guy. I hope this works out for him. I'll be watching--if only just to see how much skin he shows!

Posted by: RJ | Oct 14, 2009 3:58:02 PM

10. wow... are there any more brothers? are these guys over-achievers or what? i'm betting they are mormons or some other weird religious cult.

Posted by: jack | Oct 14, 2009 4:24:36 PM

11. Why don't they just change the name to the "White Bachelor"? There's never been a bachelor who's non-white.

Posted by: Mario | Oct 14, 2009 5:40:00 PM

12. Oh look Gay men, another attractive 20/30something to parade in front of us as if he has done something great because he can take his shirt off and it's shaved and we can see his abdominals! LOOK! In three years he won't be remembered, two you say? Okay two years.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Oct 14, 2009 5:43:04 PM

13. He is a nice piece of eye candy...but those shows are lame.

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 14, 2009 6:58:28 PM

14. Let's see, he's hot, he's a pilot, and he can only get a date on a reality show?

Posted by: ger | Oct 14, 2009 9:39:00 PM

15. When are the producers going to realize that this concept doesn't work!?

Yes he is hot, but who cares, all the previous Bachelors have been hot.

I think the show's success rate shows that none of these gorgeous people are really ready for marriage. They are on the show to just to hog the media spotlight for a few weeks in hopes of landing another media job.

Plus if the only way they can get dates, who are thinking about marriage, through reality tv, it should tell us something about the quality of that person in the first place.

Steven

Posted by: Steven | Oct 14, 2009 10:54:53 PM

16. I'd fuck him

Posted by: Yogachick | Oct 15, 2009 12:45:47 AM

17. I work with him. He is all for gay rights....he's hot....and a great guy... Why all the hate. STOP the hate

Posted by: Charlie | Oct 15, 2009 12:58:44 PM

18. I can't understand this need that some people have to be on TV no matter the cost to one's dignity. Is it really worth it to sacrifice your sense of self worth for 15 minutes or less of notoriety?

Posted by: robert | Nov 19, 2009 8:53:39 AM