Bloggers Recognized for Work Against Anti-LGBT Violence

Bloggers

Last night I was proud to be presented with a Courage Award from the New York Anti-Violence Project in recognition of the impact blogs have made in the fight for civil rights and against violence in our communities.

I was honored alongside Pam Spaulding (Pam's House Blend), Bil Browning (Bilerico), and Joe Jervis (Joe.My.God) at an event at the W New York. Just wanted to say thanks again to the AVP for the important work they do, and to Michelangelo Signorile for the wonderful speech he delivered giving us the award.

Also receiving awards were the law firm Clifford Chance and playwright Tony Kushner.

Pam has some more photos and videos up at her site.

Comments

1. Congratulations Andy!!

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Nov 10, 2009 9:40:11 AM

2. Andy Towle, u are one gorgeous hunk of man.

Posted by: cd | Nov 10, 2009 9:42:37 AM

3. Congratulations!
    Both for you and those other fine folks.

Posted by: PM | Nov 10, 2009 9:42:40 AM

4. Congratulations and very well-deserved! Love to JMG and Andy! Hotness!

Posted by: marq | Nov 10, 2009 9:46:21 AM

5. Congratulations, Andy, and thank you for all that you do for our community.

Posted by: casey | Nov 10, 2009 9:51:57 AM

6. Congratulations Andy, Pam, Joe, and Bill!

Posted by: sparks | Nov 10, 2009 9:55:52 AM

7. Comgrats Andy you deserve ot. Amd you are cute as a button!

Posted by: Wolf | Nov 10, 2009 9:57:05 AM

8. Is Andy the one by the female??? If so I want you....call me. :P

Posted by: J. Bocca | Nov 10, 2009 9:57:23 AM

9. Congrats, Andy. You (and the others) have certainly earned this!!

And thanks...
    :-)

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Nov 10, 2009 10:09:24 AM

10. Congratulations on your award. And, as a side note, what CD said, in spades. You are an awfully handsome man.

Posted by: MikeMick | Nov 10, 2009 10:16:51 AM

11. Congrats Andy! Well deserved to all of you, I hope it dissipates some of the crap trolls give you, the good work far out weights it.

Oh yea, cute factor has long been noticed. ;)

Posted by: patrick nyc | Nov 10, 2009 10:18:43 AM

12. Looking good Andy! Keep up the good work!

Posted by: AERES | Nov 10, 2009 10:23:55 AM

13. Congratulatios, Andy!!! That is wonderful!

BTW, do you ever AGE?

--Joe

Posted by: Joe | Nov 10, 2009 10:26:04 AM

14. Congrats to all four of you for your great work.

I nominate Andy for an additional award -- Most Doable. Do I have a second?

Posted by: Scott | Nov 10, 2009 10:30:38 AM

15. Congratulations, Andy et al!

I always have wondered whether Andy has been approached by news network shows like AC360 to present the gay angle on stories, and if not why not? Frequently, I've seen them put on someone who clearly doesn't know the issues as Andy does and who don't have the same degree of support base in the community. The election coverage on Towleroad included a who's-who from the gay community, several thousand people logged in, and when Towleroad had posted up-to-the-minute results on the Maine ballot, Wolf Blitzer, John King and other commentators on CNN had said they had no knowledge of what was going on there and where the numbers were. I wondered why someone at CNN didn't just log into Towleroad.
    Some people, like Andy, are made to write. But that handsome face would be great on TV, too!

Posted by: GregV | Nov 10, 2009 11:14:29 AM

16. WELL DESERVED Andy....
    I have often commented on the amazing work you have done specifically on this issue.

congratulations.

Posted by: MCnNYC | Nov 10, 2009 11:24:21 AM

17. You've come a long way from prancing around the Boatslip in a bikini with $20 bills stuffed in the waistband, Andy. Congratulations! :)

Posted by: dbux | Nov 10, 2009 11:33:08 AM

18. He only looks cute like that when he wears a suit and tie. ;-) Congrats.

Posted by: Pee Town | Nov 10, 2009 11:38:11 AM

19. Thank you to each and everyone of you for your hard work...
    My day always starts and ends with a trip to this site Andy.........

PS: You are looking hot as ever by the way!!!

Posted by: Tim | Nov 10, 2009 11:39:04 AM

20. Congratulations on the well-deserved award! Keep up the great work, and thank you.

Posted by: Jesse | Nov 10, 2009 11:40:34 AM

21. Congratulations Andy! One question though...why are you accepting Walmart advertising on your blog after the documented (South Bend Tribune) discrimination of gay Niles Michigan couple? What of the trauma inflicted on their sons?

Posted by: Matt | Nov 10, 2009 2:11:27 PM

22. I can imagine the conversation : Pam Spaulding : "All white males are evil." Andrew Towle: "No, Pam, only the Catholic ones. And Michael Phelps for running over that lady.."

Posted by: JT | Nov 10, 2009 3:30:58 PM

23. I never realized how cute Andy is. I thought he was the dude with glasses until I did a google image search.

Wow! Looking good, Andy.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Nov 10, 2009 3:51:17 PM

24. Congrats Andy!
    You've always been a great guy making a big difference!
    Much deserved!

Posted by: Larry Sullivan | Nov 10, 2009 4:06:42 PM

25. congratulations. That was a very well thought out speech by all of you.

Posted by: ewe | Nov 10, 2009 4:45:50 PM