Bloggers Recognized for Work Against Anti-LGBT Violence

Bloggers

Last night I was proud to be presented with a Courage Award from the New York Anti-Violence Project in recognition of the impact blogs have made in the fight for civil rights and against violence in our communities.

I was honored alongside Pam Spaulding (Pam's House Blend), Bil Browning (Bilerico), and Joe Jervis (Joe.My.God) at an event at the W New York. Just wanted to say thanks again to the AVP for the important work they do, and to Michelangelo Signorile for the wonderful speech he delivered giving us the award.

Also receiving awards were the law firm Clifford Chance and playwright Tony Kushner.

Pam has some more photos and videos up at her site.

Comments

1. MikeMick says

Congratulations on your award. And, as a side note, what CD said, in spades. You are an awfully handsome man.

2. patrick nyc says

Congrats Andy! Well deserved to all of you, I hope it dissipates some of the crap trolls give you, the good work far out weights it.

Oh yea, cute factor has long been noticed. đŸ˜‰

3. Scott says

Congrats to all four of you for your great work.

I nominate Andy for an additional award — Most Doable. Do I have a second?

4. GregV says

Congratulations, Andy et al!

I always have wondered whether Andy has been approached by news network shows like AC360 to present the gay angle on stories, and if not why not? Frequently, I’ve seen them put on someone who clearly doesn’t know the issues as Andy does and who don’t have the same degree of support base in the community. The election coverage on Towleroad included a who’s-who from the gay community, several thousand people logged in, and when Towleroad had posted up-to-the-minute results on the Maine ballot, Wolf Blitzer, John King and other commentators on CNN had said they had no knowledge of what was going on there and where the numbers were. I wondered why someone at CNN didn’t just log into Towleroad.
    Some people, like Andy, are made to write. But that handsome face would be great on TV, too!

5. MCnNYC says

WELL DESERVED Andy….
    I have often commented on the amazing work you have done specifically on this issue.

congratulations.

6. dbux says

You’ve come a long way from prancing around the Boatslip in a bikini with $20 bills stuffed in the waistband, Andy. Congratulations! :)

7. Tim says

Thank you to each and everyone of you for your hard work…
    My day always starts and ends with a trip to this site Andy………

PS: You are looking hot as ever by the way!!!

8. Matt says

Congratulations Andy! One question though…why are you accepting Walmart advertising on your blog after the documented (South Bend Tribune) discrimination of gay Niles Michigan couple? What of the trauma inflicted on their sons?

9. JT says

I can imagine the conversation : Pam Spaulding : “All white males are evil.” Andrew Towle: “No, Pam, only the Catholic ones. And Michael Phelps for running over that lady..”

10. Rodney Wollam says

I never realized how cute Andy is. I thought he was the dude with glasses until I did a google image search.

Wow! Looking good, Andy.

11. FunMe says

Wow, how impressive.

I feel very honored to be a reader of Towelroad, Pam’s House Blend and Joe.My.God.

Congratulations!

12. woodstock says

You’ve come a long way, Andy. It’s a pleasure to have been with you and your humble blog since the BBM days. Congratulations!

And man you are HOT :]