George Michael | Joe McElderry | Music | News | Olly Murs | Robbie Williams

BigGayDeal.com

WATCH: George Michael Duets with X-Factor Winner Joe McElderry

Mcelderry

A duet with George Michael helped lift 18-year-old Joe McElderry to victory over rival Olly Murs on Britain's X-Factor over the weekend. Olly performed a duet with Robbie Williams.

Watch both performances and the winning moment, AFTER THE JUMP...

Recently...
Olly Murs, X-Factor Finalist, Strips for a Spray Tan [tr]

Olly and Robbie Williams:

And the winner is...

Comments

1. I was glued to the X Factor all season, watching it on live-stream from the UK every weekend. Glad Joe won, but this year's crop of contestants were not very good singers. Have to admit that watching the George Michael/Joe McElderry duet gave me a serious "ick" moment when I saw it live.

Posted by: michael | Dec 14, 2009 10:19:58 AM

2. I guess they will repeat that in the next American Idol, bringing a major singer to sing along with the two finalists...Clever!

Now, I would love to go down on Joe McElderry...just saying!

Posted by: Chris in Long Beach | Dec 14, 2009 10:26:11 AM

3. Olly and Joe are both really cute and sweet.

To be honest I think Joe outshone George Michael on vocals. And as much as I will always love George's music, I wish he would get rid of those awful glasses and the hairy growth on his chin.

He's still a fairly handsome guy but DAMN can we stop looking like we're trying to hide something?

BTW was it just me or was Olly too clingy and grabby for Robbie's tastes?

Posted by: sparks | Dec 14, 2009 10:44:49 AM

4. Hey Michael, if you had an "ick" moment watching George and Joe sing, you need to get over your hang-up over intergenerational sex. Joe is a young adult, not a child.

Posted by: JimSur212 | Dec 14, 2009 11:02:26 AM

5. To Jimsur12 -- Joe is 18 and barely legal. The "ick" came from their awkward singing stance and banter, not the intergenerational sex you imagined they were having.

Posted by: michael | Dec 14, 2009 11:17:27 AM

6. anyone else feel george is kind of worn out...he sounds slightly under pitch for much of the song...guess that's what happens.

Posted by: Rob | Dec 14, 2009 11:20:18 AM

7. Didn't like Joe's voice, much too warbly & conventional. And as wonderful as George's singing is, I prefer Ollie & Robbie's duet; much more even vocally (& visually-- that didn't hurt either). It was fun to see Robbie try & stand still while singing this, he's usually bouncing or tearing around while performing.

Posted by: queerlike | Dec 14, 2009 11:26:25 AM

8. What is up with Robbie Wiliams eyes ?

He is looking CRAZY or high as a kite.

Posted by: Tony X | Dec 14, 2009 12:04:22 PM

9. "He is looking CRAZY or high as a kite"

Can't he be both? :-)

I've liked Robbie Williams' solo stuff, it was a shame he gave up on "making it" in America. He found out he'd have to start out playing clubs and 1,000-seaters and tour 9 months a year and work his way up and for a guy selling out football stadiums in the UK, he wasn't willing to do the work.

Mmmmm.....Olly.....mmmmmm.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Dec 14, 2009 1:46:37 PM

10. Man oh man. I'd tune in to an Olly and Williams concert...heck I'd pay to see them. I thought they were the best. Both really great voices, terribly handsome and just apparently really enjoying what they're doing, and each other....very very nice.

Posted by: Dave | Dec 14, 2009 3:07:52 PM

11. Love to see Joe and Ollie duet- Ollie and Robbie were a better match.

Posted by: jaragon | Dec 14, 2009 4:35:13 PM

12. Michael says that "he is 18 and barely legal". Don't quite follow this as the age of consent is 16 in the UK and therefore he is very legal. Please be sure of the law you are talking about - and try not to morally browbeat other people into your own point of view.

Posted by: Coemgenus | Dec 14, 2009 7:11:36 PM

13. Ew, creepy! Exactly, Jimsur! Don't cast aspersions on creepy old men with a lifetime of experiences using--er, dating young men! Love [intergenerational] is blind, manipulative and stupid, apparently. A little lech love, please. But kiddos, make sure you get compensated for your time.

Of course, none of the above relates to the duet performance between george michael and whatever. No father figure?

Posted by: TANK | Dec 14, 2009 7:32:21 PM

14. Robbie's eyes were very unsettling.

Posted by: Jay | Dec 14, 2009 7:55:55 PM

15. @Tank, could you please make an effort to stop proving what an ass you are with every comment you make? Really, I wish Andy would set posts up so we could see that it's yours first, without having to read through the whole thing just to confirm our suspicions.

Posted by: freddie | Dec 15, 2009 3:10:03 AM

16. I thought George Michael's singing was great and to was Joe Mcelderry. George Michael is a very sexy man he looked great. The duet was was a 10 in my books.

Posted by: Iris DiFonzo | Oct 20, 2013 1:16:00 AM