Glee | Kiss | News | Teabagger | Victoria Jackson

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Former SNL Star Victoria Jackson Defends Remarks About 'Sickening' Gay 'Glee' Kiss on 'Showbiz Tonight'

Jackson

Former SNL star Victoria Jackson appeared on Showbiz Tonight and held up the Bible, saying that she doesn't believe she's homophobic.

"What matters is what the Bible says, and I'm really concerned about our country because secular humanism rules the airwaves and it's stealing the innocents away from this whole generation of children."

Last week, you may recall, Jackson wrote an editorial in World Net Daily attacking Glee for an episode which showed a teen gay kiss.

Victoria_jackson Wrote Jackson:

"This new al-Qaida magazine for women has beauty tips and suicide-bomber tips! Gimme a break! That is as ridiculous as two men kissing on the mouth! And I don't care what is politically correct. Everyone knows that two men on a wedding cake is a comedy skit, not an 'alternate lifestyle'! There I said it! Ridiculous! Did you see 'Glee' this week? Sickening! And, besides shoving the gay thing down our throats, they made a mockery of Christians – again! I wonder what their agenda is? Hey, producers of "Glee" – what's your agenda? One-way tolerance?"

Added Jackson to Showbiz: "I just wanna know why the liberals are pro-Muslim and pro-gay. Muslims kill gays. That's what's confusing to me. The only thing I can think of is that the Muslims hate God and the gays hate His word."

Oh, and she has gay friends.

Watch her rant, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "I just wanna know why the liberals are pro-Muslim and pro-gay. Muslims kill gays. That's what's confusing to me."

BREAKFAST is confusing to you, Victoria.

Posted by: DNashty | Mar 22, 2011 8:06:04 AM

2. After her recent TV appearances, it is probably more accurate to say that she "used to have gay friends".

Posted by: Chadd | Mar 22, 2011 8:06:36 AM

3. I think she needs another sandwich.

Posted by: hassia | Mar 22, 2011 8:07:50 AM

4. Just let the dingbat keep talking. She works against the teabaggers. And wanna talk about a comedy skit? Let's start with a 50 yo woman who baby talks and wears big bows in her hair.

I do have to say that libs that support Muslims and gays make no sense. Islam does outlaw homosexuality. All of Islam, not just the radicals.

Posted by: Andy | Mar 22, 2011 8:12:33 AM

5. Doesn't this harpish woman with the ridiculous Baby Jane bow in her hair realize she makes a mockery of everything she believes by coming off as an utter clown. She's a few years away fromputting on her lipstick all over her face like my aunt Gladys. When she says "That's what confuses me," I believe she was talking about life in general.

I understand why Fox News has this buffoon on, she fits their anti-intelligent demographic but why would any other news organization put her face in front of a camera? Besides having a voice of a cartoon character, she on embarrasses herself and whatever hazy, inane point she's trying to make.

Posted by: Bart | Mar 22, 2011 8:17:14 AM

6. So she is a true Christian? Yeah right.
    What a sad woman.

Posted by: Matt26 | Mar 22, 2011 8:21:23 AM

7. Now I remember her! She played a ditzy dumb blonde. I guess she wasn't acting.

Posted by: Still Ditzy | Mar 22, 2011 8:27:00 AM

8. Horribly tragic. Where to begin?..
    She never really was all that funny on SNL and I thought her "baby talk" simpleton act was just a shtick....guess I was wrong.
    Glee has done more to help struggling young kids who know they are gay, than any other show.
    If there is any group out there, that is responsible for the string of young gay suicides and depression, it is the fundamentalist Christians and kooks like her.
    Until they realize that sexual orientation is part of the human makeup, and not something "you do", they will never get it, and they will never understand just how damaging their "bible says so" words are.
    Shame on her. But yet, I feel sorry for her at the same time.

Posted by: Zachary | Mar 22, 2011 8:27:03 AM

9. 'I'm writing a letter to Daddy....'

What Ever Happened To Baby Jane Jackson?

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 22, 2011 8:27:13 AM

10. the thing that's hilarious to me about the crazies from the Christian Right is they're so in hate with Radical Muslims and yet they are our own American version of that anti-woman anti-diversity anti-personal expression anti-religious tolerance anti-progress mindset. Can you imagine what would become of our country if they were truly in charge instead of ½ or ⅔ (sigh) in charge?

Things would become so crappy for women and for anyone who didn't fall under their very very limiting ideas about God.

Their mirror image offends them so!

Posted by: Nathaniel R | Mar 22, 2011 8:31:46 AM

11. Would someone please tell her that Rose Marie was the only female over the age of 12, who was allowed to wear a bow in her hair.

And where the hell are these Gay friends that all these Homophobes always say they have? Why do we never see them? Oh...wait I'm sure Chris Baron is on her "my best friends" list. Never mind.

Posted by: Taylor | Mar 22, 2011 8:33:32 AM

12. "I just wanna know why the liberals are pro-Muslim and pro-gay. Muslims kill gays..."

So do "Christians", Vickie, yet liberals seem to think you have rights, too. That's the thing, Vickie, Liberals think everyone has rights unlike people like you who believes in "One-way tolerance"--your way.

Why are these people always so fat: Maggie Gallagher, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Icky Jackson?

Posted by: woodroad34d | Mar 22, 2011 8:36:17 AM

13. While she dithered on, HLN took the opportunity to replay the kiss SEVEN times - often in split screen juxtaposed against her clown face. And, it looks like they made sure that when she was in close-up they put a banner up across her to cover that disgusting communist Obama shirt she was wearing. It's doubtful anyone involved with booking her for that piece was sympathetic to her point of view. I guess it's good to have nut jobs on TV once in a while so people remember the nastiness that's out there.

Posted by: ams | Mar 22, 2011 8:38:01 AM

14. SAD...She's still pissed Steve Baldwin won't bang her.

And Kirk Cameron is too young to know who the HELL she is?

Posted by: mcNnyc | Mar 22, 2011 8:45:43 AM

15. Wow. I mean I will be the first to admit I am no towering intellectual giant, but REALLY???? This is the best you got? She can't even make a coherent sentence. "blah blah blah Bible Blah blah blah"....Very sad, kind of funny, we win.

Posted by: Mark | Mar 22, 2011 8:45:50 AM

16. Y'know, whatever else you want to say about Islam (pro-gay or anti-gay), claiming that Muslims hate God is quite a bit of a stretch. HER version of God, maybe, but Muslims aren't the only ones with issues there ...

Posted by: Chris | Mar 22, 2011 8:46:50 AM

17. This is obviously an SNL skit.

Posted by: gwyneth cornrow | Mar 22, 2011 8:50:48 AM

18. Aaaargh! The Dellusion of the Religious wackjobs......Like some Sky God cares what we humans do with our hoo-hoos or pee-pees...pa-leeeez. WOW>...Religion for the mental midgets. SCIENCE FACT: There ARE More Stars/Suns in the Universe then there are Grains of sand on the Planet earth. We are NOT that Important in the size and scope of the Universe.

Posted by: Disgusted American | Mar 22, 2011 8:54:11 AM

19. Isn't that Sally Struthers?

Posted by: BDS | Mar 22, 2011 8:56:55 AM

20. "The only thing I can think of"

Oh, Victoria. Don't you know that bearing false witness is a sin? But I guess God'll forgive you for claiming you "thought" of something. Even He needs a laugh now and then.

Posted by: John in Houston | Mar 22, 2011 9:04:44 AM

21. Don't disparage Sally Struthers.
    Gloria is much more tolerant than this brainwashed simpleton; VJ is like a caricature-it would be hilarious if it wasn't so dangerously close to the mindset of the wackjobs that want to make their fairy tales the law of the land in Umerica.

Posted by: nick | Mar 22, 2011 9:08:26 AM

22. How come none of these homophobic bigots NEVER bring one of their many "gay friends" on these interviews with them?

The answer is simple. THEY DON'T REALLY HAVE GAY FRIENDS. Just like my family members in Mississippi who every time someone challenged them for using the n-word would say, "I'm not a racist, I have "colored" (their nice word for black people) friends!", yet I knew good and damn well that they didn't have a single black "friend" to their name. They had a housekeeper and a hired hand that they spoke friendly to, but would never have a meal with or take to church with them.

It's so easy to throw out "I have gay/black friends" and "some of my best friends are gay/black" when no one EVER challenges them to produce one.

It's time that reporters start asking for proof. Start picking up the cell phone and asking for a number that they can call to talk to this gay/black friend, ON AIR! Otherwise they will continue to lie and justify their bigotry as not being bigotry because their imaginary friend (the human one, not the sky one) doesn't think it is.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Mar 22, 2011 9:15:41 AM

23. You nailed it, Nathaniel R. "Only room in this world for one intolerant social control hoax, you wacky Muslims!" (BTW, I can't stand to watch the clip but is that a Gideons Bible? Couldn't she buy one?)

Posted by: Russell | Mar 22, 2011 9:18:50 AM

24. "It doesn't matter what I think. It matters what the Bible says."

Then why did you get divorced, Victoria?

And gluttony is also a "sin."

Posted by: Brent | Mar 22, 2011 9:29:28 AM

25. ....oh please, Miss Vickie. Get a grip. You aren't even RELEVANT to anything I can think of....Well, let's take a look at those who are now in the public eye(Fox News?) that are shouting out their ideas of conversative maintenance and ideology:

Palin: Highly paid talking head...nut job, clown, joke. Would cut your throat if you got in her way.

Limbaugh: Just look at him. Enough said.
    Bill O'Reilly: Ranter heading for a stroke. Chill, dude

Ann Coulter: The stable is missing a horse.
    Probably the smartest of the lot, but lots of idiots love her.

Glenn Beck: WTF is that?

And on and on and now:
    Miss Victoria Jackson: Bible thumpin' Betty Boop.
    If this is the best the wing-nuts have got, we "libs" have little to worry about!
    Cheers!