BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #919

AFA's BRYAN FISCHER: Hate group radio hosts says fidelity "unheard of" in same-sex relationships, and gays have 500 to 1,000 sexual partners over a lifetime.

THE ARCHER FISH: Don't mess with it.

ERA FLASHBACK: Rachel Maddow looks at equal rights for women, gays, etc.

IT GETS BETTER: Senator Chris Coons on the video released earlier today.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. 1000 partners? I guess he has never heard of Wilt Chamberlain, Charlie Sheen, Warren Beatty, Gene Simmons, Casanova?! All men who have claimed to have slept with hundreds if not thousands of women. Sounds like Bryan Fischer is just projecting his fantasy onto the gay community.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Jun 29, 2011 5:17:55 PM

2. The gays may have 500-1000 sex partners over the course of a lifetime, but we got nothin on the catholic priesthood!

Posted by: Mark | Jun 29, 2011 5:23:04 PM

3. Geez, I am lagging way behind. 20 years and I have yet to hit even 20 different guys. Better get cracking!

Posted by: LiamB | Jun 29, 2011 6:04:12 PM

4. Wow, do I suddenly feel deficient with my less than 30 sexual partners, and I'm getting down to the wire in time, too! Better get cracking. Hope my boyfriend won't mind, I'll blame it on Fischer.

Posted by: Zlick | Jun 29, 2011 6:16:39 PM

5. It's possible I've had over 500 partners (was I supposed to count?) and - speaking only for myself - I find very little of value in monogamy. Neither did my first partner of 14 years nor my second of 7. (I know - they keep dying. It sucks.)

I suppose I'm exactly what the Christofascists fear. If I ever choose to marry, neither they nor the state will be invited to define what that means to me, and anyone who knows me will likely know that. These moralizing Elmer Gantries are terrified straight people will stop looking to institutions to validate their relationships, leaving an entire population of charlatans to look for honest work.

Imagine what will happen when Ward goes to June and says, "Why do you measure my commitment and loyalty by my having sex only with you? The way you lie there gritting your teeth like it's being done to you with a lit cigarette makes me feel abandoned and ashamed. Adam and Steve across the street have been together for 16 years and take their boyfriends on vacation with them. I'll reassure you any way I can except by wasting the most sexually active years of my life so that you can avoid taking responsibility for your neurotic insecurity."

Posted by: Bryan | Jun 29, 2011 6:17:41 PM

6. A honey badger would make sushi of that archer fish (and Bryan Fischer too... honey badger can't spell).

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Jun 29, 2011 6:29:27 PM

7. Bryan Fischer...the Joseph Goebbels of the religious right. An incredibly ignorant and dangerous man.

Posted by: tpow | Jun 29, 2011 6:46:58 PM

8. I am happy to live in Canada where the CRTC regulates truth spoken on both television and radio. To say that gays have 500 to 1000 sexual partners is inflammatory and completely false, and the speaker would be fined for lying.

Posted by: james in toronto | Jun 29, 2011 8:07:01 PM

9. Cause you know all those married lesbians in VT do nothing but comb the green mountains looking for 500-1000 women to sleep with. And I'd certainly have my work cut out for me if I had to find that many f*ckable studs within driving distance. Those ugly old heterosexual men have such active fantasy lives! Poor things.

Posted by: Ernie | Jun 29, 2011 8:28:07 PM

10. How would he know how many sex partners gays have? Does someone keep track? Are we supposed to register someplace? Or maybe keep a guest book or dance card?

(Oh for Christ's sake! You don't think he could jealous, do you?)

Posted by: Jeff | Jun 29, 2011 10:30:49 PM

11. Why oh why do they keep trying to tell other people, gay or straight, what to do in bed. The very worst sort of village pump gossip.

And so vulgar, dreadful little man.

Posted by: arch | Jun 30, 2011 4:51:44 AM

12. Alright, I'm 26 years old and frankly I've had around 25 sex partners when it comes to anal sex. When it comes to other stuff, that number is significantly higher, probably around 200-300. But honestly, it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm queer. I'm a guy who went to college and happened to be alright looking. I did the math and it averages to around two-three sexual encounters per month (most of which didn't involve penetration). Does that make me a promiscuous gay? I guess to some repressed folk in Southern States with hardcore religious beliefs, that number is obviously very high. But I had frat brothers who were sleeping with a few girls a week all through college. I suppose it's all relative.

Posted by: Alex | Jun 30, 2011 5:20:53 PM