Couples | George Michael | News

BigGayDeal.com

George Michael Apologizes, Reveals Split with Longtime Partner Kenny Goss: VIDEO

George_michael

At the opening night of his Symphonica Tour in Prague, George Michael revealed that substance abuse issues had led to his split from longtime partner Kenny Goss, and that he had been keeping quiet about it for a number of years. Goss and Michael had been together since 1996.

I tracked down the clip of Michael's comments.

Listen to Michael tell the audience in Prague and perform the song, AFTER THE JUMP...

Said Michael:

"I'm so sorry for any pain that I've caused him or that he's caused back. So sorry that things have worked out the way they have. But in truth, Kenny and I have not been together for about two and a half years. All I can say is that I love him very much but sometimes people really should know when their demons are more interested in each other than they are. This man has brought me a lot of joy and a lot of pain as is the case in so many relationships, but I just wanted to focus time to be honest about that...My love life is a little more turbulent that I have let on..."

Michael then introduced a new song that he wrote about Kenny called "Where I Hope You Are."

Comments

1. He's looking like Ringo Starr.

Posted by: kodiak | Aug 23, 2011 8:20:22 AM

2. Michaels reminds me of a lover I once had. I learned to ignore him after a while, and he doesn't bother me anymore. I hope Kenny has the same luck with Michaels.

Posted by: cacandideinnc | Aug 23, 2011 8:27:54 AM

3. Ummmmm....AUTOTUNE for chrissake???!!! No, not George Michael too! He's been assimilated by the industry....

Posted by: Mike | Aug 23, 2011 8:27:56 AM

4. shut up George. Get in therapy and get it together.

Posted by: Chris | Aug 23, 2011 8:49:34 AM

5. George is such a mess. I lost interest in, and respect for, him a long time ago.

Posted by: Jim | Aug 23, 2011 9:18:44 AM

6. His love life has been more turbulent than he's let on? Come one, George, everybody knows about your nightly debaucheries. My only surprise is that Mr. Goss stayed around so long.

Posted by: prophet | Aug 23, 2011 9:21:25 AM

7. TURN OFF THE AUTO TUNE! One of the great things about GM is his voice and that tweaking is terrible.

What a shame. All that talent and a life in shambles.

Hope he can get it together.

Posted by: dms | Aug 23, 2011 12:06:13 PM

8. I surprised Kenny's patience lasted as long as it did and I don't know if/how Kenny caused George any pain, but that is the advantage of not being a huge star.

I really hope George finds some peace and they both move on positively.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Aug 23, 2011 12:10:50 PM

9. George MIchael's apology contains accusations that his partner caused HIM pain?

Posted by: Randy | Aug 23, 2011 7:35:13 PM

10. I can't believe Kenny didn't kick his butt long time ago. Guess money and fame will keep you with someone who only cares about destroying a union instead of appreciating love.

This story has been repeate so many times and it ends the same: if you don't appreciate what they have until it's gone, it will be too late. You won't be able to ever have it again.

It's obvious George still has problem with his stupid "or that he's caused back". I'm sure George was the reason this ended.

Hope Kenny never turns back.

Posted by: FunMe | Aug 24, 2011 12:20:59 AM