2012 Election | Grooming | Ron Paul

Ron Paul's Fake Eyebrow

Paul

Welll, that's what it certainly looks like:

Jesse Benton, a campaign spokesman, insisted that Mr. Paul had been the victim of the elements, namely a heavy pollen season in New Hampshire, and called accusations that he’d been artificially enhancing “stupid” and “insulting.”

“Dr. Paul’s allergies acted up a touch,” Mr. Benton said in an explanation that might raise some, you know, questions.

Not that Mr. Paul would be blamed for trying to keep up with bushy brows like Rick Perry’s, whose upper-eye area is full, or Mitt Romney, whose orbital outliers are sometimes speckled with gray.

Comments

1. Now that is creepy...

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 13, 2011 10:03:59 PM

2. Allergies? What? That doesn't even make sense. I have allergies, they make me cough and sniffle. They don't make my eyebrows fall off.

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Oct 13, 2011 10:11:07 PM

3. Uhm, his allergies acted up so his eyebrows fell off? Is that what the spokesman is implying? And isn't spring allergy season?

You know, if you don't have anything remotely intelligent to say, just say you don't have a clue.

Now I can't wait for Michelle Bachmann's head to fall off and have some alien looking creature crawl out of her.

Posted by: Bart | Oct 13, 2011 10:15:11 PM

4. You think you know someone, and then something like this happens!

Posted by: Face it | Oct 13, 2011 10:18:14 PM

5. Eyebrows fall off all the time....give the fundy a break.

Posted by: bkmn | Oct 13, 2011 10:20:15 PM

6. I think Ron Paul's ideas are absurd and his campaign is the very definition of "quixotic," but this is a bum rap. Just go to Google images of him and you will see that he has a funny eyebrow on that side. It seems to dip down in most photos. This is literally a supercilious argument. ("Supercilious" is from the Latin supercilium, which means "eyebrow.")

Posted by: gr8guyca | Oct 13, 2011 10:27:22 PM

7. GR8GUYCA: If that's his real eyebrow then what's the Joan Crawford-esque line behind and above it?

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Oct 13, 2011 10:38:33 PM

8. Ironic placement, Immediately above Ron Paul's picture is a Google ad to "Become a makeup artist."

Posted by: PLAINTOM | Oct 13, 2011 10:47:44 PM

9. Umm. Leave him along. Least he's not a douchbag....

Posted by: Danny | Oct 13, 2011 10:52:43 PM

10. I went to google images and there is some weird stuff with that eye brow but usualy is is fuller/bushier than the other and further up the farhead then here.I wonder if this is eyebrow threading run amok ? Stupid point to focus on, but not as stupid as attributing it to allergies ... what he sneezed so hard his eyebrow came off ?

Posted by: NwYrkr | Oct 13, 2011 10:58:56 PM

11. Anyone else getting DEATH BECOMES HER vibes from this?

I'm picturing him in Meryl Streep's role.

Posted by: J | Oct 13, 2011 11:02:04 PM

12. @FACE IT "You think you know someone, and then something like this happens!"

Thank you! Hilarious!

Posted by: ptx | Oct 13, 2011 11:15:11 PM

13. Well I hope he carries around a spare bowl of candy beans!

Posted by: Greg | Oct 13, 2011 11:59:12 PM

14. Drag queen tip #111: Don't pluck your eyebrows too often or they won't grow back.

Posted by: Frank | Oct 14, 2011 12:51:50 AM

15. hahaha i may not be worthy of being treated by doctors when i'm sick.. but you know what, my eyebrows are all real :-P

Posted by: MKe | Oct 14, 2011 1:17:19 AM

16. Designed by the same genius who made his even-loonier son's Hell toupee.

Posted by: Mark | Oct 14, 2011 1:53:52 AM

17. Eyebrows on older gentlemen tend to grow very long, and if they are not trimmed properly can flair, droop, or otherwise look totally bizarre. Either that is what we have here, or we are on the cusp of a major Browgate.

Posted by: ynot | Oct 14, 2011 3:18:18 AM

18. That happens sometimes when his spaceship beams him down.

Posted by: Philip Thrift | Oct 14, 2011 3:28:33 AM

19. His hands look like something from another species.

Posted by: peterparker | Oct 14, 2011 4:38:38 AM

20. I guess his makeup "artist" is looking for another job. He might as well be wearing Lee Press-On Nails and fake eyelashes.

Really, is decent makeup glue that costly? Or difficult?

Posted by: Paul R | Oct 14, 2011 6:25:41 AM

21. I don't care for Ron Paul in any way, but everyone reading this wants to look their best. Don't you? We dress up, comb our hair, and so forth. As someone whose eyebrows have faded away to nothing, I have been known to pencil on a little color when I know photos will be taken.

Posted by: Chip | Oct 14, 2011 7:48:52 AM

22. And I always thought my hair loss was due to genetics. Turns out it's just plain old pollen. Who knew?!

Posted by: Frank | Oct 14, 2011 10:00:01 AM

23. What happens with eyebrows get wanderlust.

Posted by: SFRowGuy | Oct 14, 2011 1:24:23 PM

24. At his age, sadly, various things start drooping and falling off from time to time.

Posted by: anon | Oct 14, 2011 5:37:44 PM