Ron Paul’s Fake Eyebrow

Paul

Welll, that's what it certainly looks like:

Jesse Benton, a campaign spokesman, insisted that Mr. Paul had been the victim of the elements, namely a heavy pollen season in New Hampshire, and called accusations that he’d been artificially enhancing “stupid” and “insulting.”

“Dr. Paul’s allergies acted up a touch,” Mr. Benton said in an explanation that might raise some, you know, questions.

Not that Mr. Paul would be blamed for trying to keep up with bushy brows like Rick Perry’s, whose upper-eye area is full, or Mitt Romney, whose orbital outliers are sometimes speckled with gray.

Comments

1. NaughtyLola says

Allergies? What? That doesn’t even make sense. I have allergies, they make me cough and sniffle. They don’t make my eyebrows fall off.

2. Bart says

Uhm, his allergies acted up so his eyebrows fell off? Is that what the spokesman is implying? And isn’t spring allergy season?

You know, if you don’t have anything remotely intelligent to say, just say you don’t have a clue.

Now I can’t wait for Michelle Bachmann’s head to fall off and have some alien looking creature crawl out of her.

3. gr8guyca says

I think Ron Paul’s ideas are absurd and his campaign is the very definition of “quixotic,” but this is a bum rap. Just go to Google images of him and you will see that he has a funny eyebrow on that side. It seems to dip down in most photos. This is literally a supercilious argument. (“Supercilious” is from the Latin supercilium, which means “eyebrow.”)

4. PLAINTOM says

Ironic placement, Immediately above Ron Paul’s picture is a Google ad to “Become a makeup artist.”

5. NwYrkr says

I went to google images and there is some weird stuff with that eye brow but usualy is is fuller/bushier than the other and further up the farhead then here.I wonder if this is eyebrow threading run amok ? Stupid point to focus on, but not as stupid as attributing it to allergies … what he sneezed so hard his eyebrow came off ?

6. MKe says

hahaha i may not be worthy of being treated by doctors when i’m sick.. but you know what, my eyebrows are all real 😛

7. ynot says

Eyebrows on older gentlemen tend to grow very long, and if they are not trimmed properly can flair, droop, or otherwise look totally bizarre. Either that is what we have here, or we are on the cusp of a major Browgate.

8. Paul R says

I guess his makeup “artist” is looking for another job. He might as well be wearing Lee Press-On Nails and fake eyelashes.

Really, is decent makeup glue that costly? Or difficult?

9. Chip says

I don’t care for Ron Paul in any way, but everyone reading this wants to look their best. Don’t you? We dress up, comb our hair, and so forth. As someone whose eyebrows have faded away to nothing, I have been known to pencil on a little color when I know photos will be taken.

10. Frank says

And I always thought my hair loss was due to genetics. Turns out it’s just plain old pollen. Who knew?!