Comic Books | Film | Mark Ruffalo | News | Superheroes

Mark Ruffalo's 'The Incredible Hulk' Makes His Debut: Photo

Hulk_ruffalo

Here's the first motion-capture shot of Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk in Joss Whedon's upcoming The Avengers.

In a discussion last April about his prodigious chest hair, Mark Ruffalo said of his role as the Hulk:

"No one’s asked me to shave my chest yet, thank God. They want this Hulk to be as close to me as possible. I’ll be playing him in motion-capture, so this Hulk will just be a bigger avatar version of me. As they’re modeling him, they’re using many of my own features, down to my scars and wrinkles. He will have body hair, but I don’t know to what extent."

Can't see much there, so it looks like Hulk got waxed!

(more Avengers shots at Screen Rant)

Comments

1. umm if you say so

Posted by: DrJWL | Feb 24, 2012 11:08:46 AM

2. Wow, he's pretty jacked.. only thing missing are a few overplayed tribal tattoos.

Posted by: Jeff in Brooklyn | Feb 24, 2012 11:09:12 AM

3. meh.

Posted by: Frank | Feb 24, 2012 11:19:50 AM

4. I can get behind the idea of the character as a human (it's just a Jekyll and Hyde riff, more or less), and think Ruffalo will probably portray Bruce Banner well. But, Hulk is more or less a green bodybuilder in cutoffs. I think the problem with making him seem real has always been less about CGI and more about him being a protagonist who basically seems insane or constipated.

Posted by: Stefan | Feb 24, 2012 12:53:22 PM

5. It would be a crime against nature to even think about shaving Ruffalo's exquisite man hair.

Posted by: Rance | Feb 24, 2012 2:13:38 PM

6. Oh God not this CRAP again. They rehash this every decade or so, it flops and then they wonder why. It's never been an interesting story or character. Leave it in the comics of our youth and move on. And for goodness sake, can't these entertainment creatives come up with something NEW?!

Posted by: Brad | Feb 24, 2012 2:29:54 PM

7. Hmmm, I like Mark Ruffalo's concept of the character better than what we ended up with. It'd be neat to see a Hulk that had normal-guy proportions, but just greener (or greyer) and bigger.

Posted by: InscrutableTed | Feb 24, 2012 3:03:14 PM

8. This is the third time they have tried to do a big screen Hulk- the first with Eric Bana was depressing, the second with Ed Norton was bit better but still bombed- now we get this- for some reason a CGI Hulk does not work.

Posted by: jaragon | Feb 24, 2012 5:20:44 PM

9. Um, didn't they show the Hulk in the preview during the superbowl like 3 weeks ago?

Posted by: testington | Feb 24, 2012 10:41:05 PM

10. Comic book movies are lame. Grow up, America.

Posted by: Bob | Feb 25, 2012 11:03:35 AM

11. I love a man with hair, even lots of hair. And I don't like a shaven man... but a hairy Hulk would just be weird. Hulk should have little to no hair.

Posted by: JAMES | Feb 25, 2012 5:35:24 PM

12. Looks way overdone, the whole Hollywood can only go MORE rather than finesse. Wish it weren't Ruffalo getting this shameful treatment. I should watch Kids Are Alright now to get this image out of my brain.

Posted by: David R. | Feb 27, 2012 12:15:36 AM