Adam Lambert | Freddie Mercury | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Adam Lambert Won't Be Fronting for Queen, at Least Not Yet: VIDEO

Adam_lambert_2

The UK's Sonisphere festival has been canceled, taking with it Adam Lambert's planned performance as frontman for Queen.

Tweeted Lambert: "While I'm sad that the Sonisphere festival has been cancelled, I'm hopeful that Queen and I will share a stage again someday in the future."

Queenlambert

In the meantime, here's a video that went viral yesterday in which a drunk man in the back of a police car does a rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Bohemian

Comments

1. They should just put on the Queen w/ Lambert concert alone as a one-off without the rest of Sonisphere. Much cheaper to produce than the whole thing, and that's all anyone was going to see anyway.

Posted by: wildewoolfpup | Mar 30, 2012 10:29:15 AM

2. I thought it was hysterical, I was actually singing along with him. It also brought be back to those days when I got drunk and did stupid things (most of us have had them) but thank sweet Jebus, it was way before video

Posted by: John | Mar 30, 2012 10:32:22 AM

3. I've heard worse!

Posted by: DiatribesAndOvations | Mar 30, 2012 10:40:57 AM

4. Yeah - just give Queen/Adam another venue and get it happening!!! A shame the organisers of Sonisphere bungled their management of it but another door opens I'm sure. In fact, I think Queen's keyboard player posted that very phrase on his FB today LOL. Great pic of Adam BTW! That drunk vid LMAO - how he know all the words when he's so drunk?

Posted by: Jacki | Mar 30, 2012 10:57:32 AM

5. Who need Adam when we have this guy. A star is born!

Posted by: TonyT | Mar 30, 2012 4:22:19 PM

6. LOL! Umm.....I don't think Lambert has anything to fear from this guy...as long as he doesn't attempt to sing backup! ;D
    Brian and Roger will find a way to make it happen! I can't wait! \o/

Posted by: RedRoseQueen1 | Mar 30, 2012 11:16:17 PM

7. I wondered what had happened to Casey Abrams. He is giving concerts in the back seat of a police cruiser.

Posted by: bearinmanila | Mar 31, 2012 3:40:13 AM

8. Sorry to all the Lambert fans, but I think Queen should drop him and just put in Marc Martel. Lambert does not have the vocal capacity to do any of the traditional Queen songs justice.

Posted by: Ducky | May 25, 2012 9:42:08 PM

9. marc martel is a christian anti gay bigot! fck him! he'll NEVER be freddie because he stands against everything freddie represented

Posted by: Mark | Aug 31, 2012 8:44:12 AM

10. MARK,
    Do you know Marc Martel? At all? I have known him for years and the only thing about your comment I can agree with is that he is a Christian. But I've got news for you. We are not all anti-gay bigots. Some of us actually do what Jesus told us to do.

Posted by: Terry | Nov 8, 2012 11:41:37 AM