Chick-fil-A | News | Roseanne Barr | Twitter

Roseanne Barr Rips Chick-fil-A

Roseanne

Roseanne Barr, never one to mince words, has been engaged in a war on Twitter with Christianist supporters of Chick-fil-A and is apologizing for her language, CBS reports:

“anyone who eats S%#@ Fil-A deserves to get the cancer that is sure to come from eating antibiotic filled tortured chickens 4Christ,” she tweeted, later adding, “off to grab a s%#@ fil-A sandwich on my way to worshipping Christ, supporting Aipac and war in Iran.”

Barr later fired back to criticism: “christian liars: i never wished cancer on you at all-jesus will punish u 4 ur deceit-I said processed foods cause cancer.”

However, shortly thereafter she wrote: “Retreading my tweet I realize that I used the wrong word-I shouldn’t have used the word deserves. I shouldn’t have used the word deserves in my tweet and I apologize.”

She continued tweeting, adding, "Chickfil-A is made from aborted chicken fetus anus...I was constipated and had to strain 2 pass a chick fil-A...I've boycotted Chick-Fil-A for years because it tastes like sh*t.

Comments

1. i love her.

Posted by: EO | Jul 27, 2012 8:40:20 AM

2. This type of rhetoric helps our cause none. Intelligent dialect is certainly more apt to win over more support. This just hinders it.

Posted by: Jeff | Jul 27, 2012 9:00:58 AM

3. She's so ridiculous. I love her.

Posted by: erik | Jul 27, 2012 9:03:48 AM

4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a 'Roseanne' reunion special!!!

Posted by: Jay | Jul 27, 2012 9:17:32 AM

5. Love her and love this kind of passion!

Posted by: T.L | Jul 27, 2012 9:32:03 AM

6. I believe it's this exact kind of energy that does fuel change because it expresses just how much gays and our allies take our equality seriously. Every group of people who fought hard for their rights did so with extensive (and INTENSE) passion..sometimes almost militantly so. From the Chicano movement, there womens liberation movement certainly didn't go quietly in the streets (even rioting live on the stage of a Miss America pageant) nor did Lamcolm X encourage it in the civil rights movement. People don't respect complacency. and we're not begging for rights, we're demanding them and have every reason to!

Posted by: USC Trojans Fan | Jul 27, 2012 9:34:49 AM

7. I don't like wishy washy....I like in your face, bold, brazen declerations, especially as it relates to our rights. This I like.

Posted by: Frank | Jul 27, 2012 9:35:49 AM

8. Considering the fact that anti gay hate crimes are happening in this country on a near hourly basis, that gays can legally be fired in 80% of the states in this country for being gay, that our gay kids are KILLING themselves strictly because of homophobia, that straight people are stonning/burning/and stabbing gay people right this moment, that young gay children are kicked out of their homes by their own family for being gay....

...and I don't think we have ENOUGH passion. The answer isn't being 'softer' or more 'gentle'...the answer is being more vocal, passionate and agressive in my opinion.

Posted by: Art Smith | Jul 27, 2012 9:38:01 AM

9. Amazing of her.

I wish all gay people were as involved as she is. But compare this to a gay youtube celeb posted below who is now campaigning FOR Chik Fil A.

In my life, the most heavily involved people I've seen for the quest toward equality of LGBT have in fact been straight people (usually women) and the most complacent and indifferent people I've seen in regards to LGBT rights have been gays. It's the sick, sad little shameful story in our community.

Posted by: Hassan | Jul 27, 2012 9:40:32 AM

10. She's crazy as a bedbug, but I love her.

Posted by: Jack M | Jul 27, 2012 9:41:31 AM

11. She's a comedian and has EVERY right to use any outlandish language she wants to make her point. Funny how conservatives scream "freedom of speech" only when it relates to them advocating the MURDER (yes, breaking up gay families IS murder) of gay people but then call foul when met with speech that doesn't suit their bigotry.

Too harsh for ya conservatives? TOUGH. You deserve it considering your harsh DISCRIMINATORY practices.

Posted by: TJ | Jul 27, 2012 9:42:54 AM

12. I love everything about her, and I too love people who are PASSIONATE about what they stand for and aren't afraid to express it, especially when it's putting hate mongers i their place.

Posted by: MilkMan | Jul 27, 2012 9:44:08 AM

13. Good for her!

With all the mind boggling hate that is being thrown at LGBT, and today far more so than ever before it seems, I respect anyone who wants to shout about it. It warrants yelling, and being fed up, and standing up, and speaking up. Gay people have been cornered to the point of 2012 being the new 1962. Except instead of racial minorities, WE are being refused service at establishments. Being killed on the streets. And being denied our civil rights.

You bet ya we're angry. We should be angry, and we should also express it.

Posted by: Scott Johansen | Jul 27, 2012 9:46:36 AM

14. QUOTE - Well-Behaved women, rarely make history!!! You go Roseanne, tweet all you want on my behalf, I love you even more for it.

Posted by: DF | Jul 27, 2012 9:49:10 AM

15. We should all tweet her and thank her for her very vocal support. I'm sure the conservatives are ripping her apart, but our allies need to hear OUR support to know that them sticking their neck out is appreciated.

Posted by: Truth | Jul 27, 2012 9:56:44 AM

16. Already tweeted her a thank you. I basically loved everything she did, said, and thought here. She has balls, and I personally love those who are ruthless toward the bigots. Sometimes, being ruthless toward those who are ruthless themselves is the most valid option.

Posted by: Kielan | Jul 27, 2012 9:57:55 AM

17. So you think people deserve to get cancer for eating at a particular establishment?

Doesn't say much for you guys.

Posted by: JJ | Jul 27, 2012 10:01:44 AM

18. Don't mind JJ, folks. He has a history of trying to lecture gays while siding with bigots on this side. Trolls gonna troll. Don't feed IT.

Posted by: Kielan | Jul 27, 2012 10:16:31 AM

19. @ JJ

Yeah. I really wouldn't mind if a hate monger gets cancer. The direction was for people who hate gays. I've seen too many gay people, my gay brothers and sisters, beat down and killed to have ANY sympathy for those who are responsible. Every Conservative who is against gay rights has the blood of every anti gay hate crime victim on their hands. For that, I couldn't care less what illness they get. I could be fake and tell you my heart really goes out to them. But nah.

Posted by: James Moore | Jul 27, 2012 10:18:32 AM

20. A world with one less homophobe in it, who perishes in some form or another; does that make me sad? Nope. Sorry. I would not mind if they did all die. Truth hurts, but better to tell the truth than give a Miss America answer to be a peoploe pleaser for people who don't deserve compassion.

Posted by: FanofDance | Jul 27, 2012 10:19:58 AM

21. GO Roseanne!

So often, the bigots try to make us feel guilty for our passion. They will try to silence you by telling you that you should be the bigger person, and be gentle in your approach. Don't fall for it. They want you to be complacent. They want you to not care. Notice how bigots get upset whenever we get up in arms-rightfully so- about the prejudice we deal with? 20 years ago, gays were expected to stay silent. The homophobes resent we have a voice these days, and aren't afraid to use it and use it loudly!

Posted by: CommonNYC | Jul 27, 2012 10:21:51 AM

22. I don't have any sympathy for anyone who actively fights for homophobia, homophobic legislation, and supports corporations that STRIP us of our rights. There's not enough bad things and bad words that could be directed at them. I'm sick of being told that we have to respect them, when everything homophobes stand for disrespects who we are. I don't *have* to respect you anymore than your willingness to strip me of my rights respects me. It doesn't, and you don't deserve any respect for it.

Posted by: GrandMusic | Jul 27, 2012 10:24:42 AM

23. I just fell in love with her all over again!

Agreed. Tweet her your support.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 27, 2012 10:25:14 AM

24. ROSEANNE IS A GODDESS!!!!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jul 27, 2012 10:32:25 AM

25. She looks fabulous. And she is.

Posted by: trees | Jul 27, 2012 10:40:47 AM